Windows 10: how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites

Discus and support how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when my built in mouse or usb mouse moves to a website when it hovers over a tab or site. How can I stop this .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by albertschmaedick, Jan 30, 2019.

1. how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites

when my built in mouse or usb mouse moves to a website when it hovers over a tab or site. How can I stop this .

:)

albertschmaedick, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Scroll While Hovering Over Inactive Window

As a workaround, please try the steps below to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse:

• Press Windows key+X, then select Ease of Access.
    • Under Ease of Access, click Ease of Access Center.
    • Under Explore all settings, click Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, check Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse.

Note: Since the "Scroll inactive windows when I hover them" feature doesn't work in Windows 10 Version 1607, please visit our
    Microsoft Feedback Hub to send your valuable feedback to us.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Riel Alc, Jan 30, 2019
  3. TonyL276 Win User
    Inactive window doesn't scroll when mouse is hovering on it

Note: I'm using a Chinese system, so the translations might not be 100% accurate.

There's an option in mouse section of Settings in Windows 10: scroll an inactive window when I'm hovering on it. I have it on, yet nothing is changed when I have it on: It always scrolls the active window even when my cursor is hovering on the inactive one.
    When multitasking, it would be helpful to have this function. Used Mac OS for a long time, the inactive window scrolling works like a charm. Tried this problem on multiple Win 10 PCs, ends up all the same. so I'm guessing this is a system issue.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

TonyL276, Jan 30, 2019
  4. how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites

In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites

1. how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites - Similar Threads - Stop hover mouse

2. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  3. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  4. Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept: Hi ExpertsRunning Windows 10 20H2 I have some issues with the mouse settings and the "Scroll inactive windows when I hover them" option. When I enable the option it works fine until I restart the computer - then it toggles off again. I have searched some other forums that...
  5. Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Settings - Scroll inactive windows when I hover them - Setting not kept: Hi ExpertsRunning Windows 10 20H2 I have some issues with the mouse settings and the "Scroll inactive windows when I hover them" option. When I enable the option it works fine until I restart the computer - then it toggles off again. I have searched some other forums that...
  6. How to stop mouse hover from opening folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop mouse hover from opening folders?: When I am trying to move files on my PC to another folder/storage device, the darn mouse opens/expands the folders before I can let go and place the files where I meant for them to go. There is no problem if there is a single folder with no sub folders. But it happens so...
  7. if my mouse is inactive it stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    if my mouse is inactive it stops working: hello, i was using my mouse and then had to type something on the computer and when i tried to move my mouse it didnt move my cursor i changed battery and it didnt chagne anything i tried it on all my ports new mice and old mice none them of them worked. turning off and on...
  8. Inactive window doesn't scroll when magic mouse is hovering on it

Inactive window doesn't scroll when magic mouse is hovering on it: I just bought a new mouse, and this function in the Windows 10 setting is still not working, I tried my old mouse again to be sure and the same thing happens. Settings>Mouse> Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them > On I have two Excel books open, one on each of...
  9. How to stop selection by hovering

How to stop selection by hovering: how do you stop selection by just hovering and only select by clicking on touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-selection-by-hovering/02128c90-b937-4551-a860-1cd1fd8afc72
  10. Mouse hovering

Mouse hovering: My mouse When ever you hover on something it clicks it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-hovering/38e55570-af4d-4510-b493-35abf665f1a6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop mouse pointer from going to website when hovering over it