Windows 10: How to stop image files saved to OneDrive folders from showing up under the Photos tab

Discus and support How to stop image files saved to OneDrive folders from showing up under the Photos tab in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Microsoft Office and 1Tb storage on OneDrive. Therefore, I use OneDrive to back up important folders from my laptop for work, personal and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ollie.E, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Ollie.E Win User

How to stop image files saved to OneDrive folders from showing up under the Photos tab

I have Microsoft Office and 1Tb storage on OneDrive. Therefore, I use OneDrive to back up important folders from my laptop for work, personal and other various reasons. I do not have photos taken on my devices set to sync to my OneDrive because they currently sync with my Google Drive. However, regardless of that fact, if I save an image file in any OneDrive folder or multiple folders, it shows up under the "Photos" tab in OneDrive with a copy of the same photo for every location it is saved in on my OneDrive. For example, I take photo "A", download it from Google Drive and save it in a projec

:)

Ollie.E, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Clavius Win User

Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Mar 20, 2023
  4. How to stop image files saved to OneDrive folders from showing up under the Photos tab

Photo files - tiles not images showing Windows 10

Hi Katy,

Just to clarify, the photos are not displaying the image preview, is that correct?

If so, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control.exe folders and press enter.

3. Click the "view" tab.

4. Under "files and folder", check "always show icons, never thumbnails" and save the changes.

5. Go to the folder where the pictures are located and see if it changes.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

How to stop image files saved to OneDrive folders from showing up under the Photos tab

1. How to stop image files saved to OneDrive folders from showing up under the Photos tab - Similar Threads - stop image files

2. How to stop image files saved to OneDrive folders from showing up under the Photos tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop image files saved to OneDrive folders from showing up under the Photos tab: I have Microsoft Office and 1Tb storage on OneDrive. Therefore, I use OneDrive to back up important folders from my laptop for work, personal and other various reasons. I do not have photos taken on my devices set to sync to my OneDrive because they currently sync with my...
  3. How to stop image files saved to OneDrive folders from showing up under the Photos tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop image files saved to OneDrive folders from showing up under the Photos tab: I have Microsoft Office and 1Tb storage on OneDrive. Therefore, I use OneDrive to back up important folders from my laptop for work, personal and other various reasons. I do not have photos taken on my devices set to sync to my OneDrive because they currently sync with my...
  4. STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE

STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE: I am trying to stop all my default locations from going to ONEDRIVE instead of saving on my local pc. i have tried to unlink onedrive which i thought i already did, but there is no icon in the notification area. I tried to add it by opening settings, notification area and...
  5. STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE: I am trying to stop all my default locations from going to ONEDRIVE instead of saving on my local pc. i have tried to unlink onedrive which i thought i already did, but there is no icon in the notification area. I tried to add it by opening settings, notification area and...
  6. STOP FILES FROM SAVING TO ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos"

In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos": When I put image files e.g. JPGs in a folder OneDrive "My Files" folder, they seem to be automatically copied to "Photos".Is there a way to stop this? I do not use OneDrive to manage my Photos. When I do put image files under "My Files", they are things like scanned docs,...
  8. In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos": When I put image files e.g. JPGs in a folder OneDrive "My Files" folder, they seem to be automatically copied to "Photos".Is there a way to stop this? I do not use OneDrive to manage my Photos. When I do put image files under "My Files", they are things like scanned docs,...
  9. In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Recent folders stopped showing under the Quick Access tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent folders stopped showing under the Quick Access tab: Hey, everyone!My Quick Access tab stopped showing the recent folders as usual. Yesterday, I did some junk file cleaning on my PC I used Total PC Cleaner and CCleaner and I believe that's what caused this.I have checked the option for Quick Access and both recent files and...