Windows 10: How to stop individual volume levels for individual apps?

Discus and support How to stop individual volume levels for individual apps? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just want one volume for everything. I don't want individual applications to take control and make their volume higher or lower. I don't want to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RansomIblis, Feb 13, 2021.

1. How to stop individual volume levels for individual apps?

I just want one volume for everything. I don't want individual applications to take control and make their volume higher or lower. I don't want to have to right-click volume mixer and adjust levels. I'm a simple man and just want my volume to work like it's 1997 with a Sound Blaster 16.

The annoyance is sparked by a bug with Red Dead 2 that lowers the volume every time the game is started. I can't fix that -- can I change something in Windows to prevent this from even being a possibility?

submitted by /u/RansomIblis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RansomIblis, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Spectre-4 Win User

Windows 10 app individual sound level

Hi,

How are you setting the application volume level? Right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar system tray and opening the volume mixer is the recommended way. From there any volume levels set should persist though a reboot or restart of the program.

It's worth noting through, every program has the ability to individually override their own volume level if they are set up to.

Spectre-4, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Windows 10 app individual sound level

Hi, Matti-91,

you can try this guide on How to Adjust App Sound Individually in Windows 10

https://winaero.com/blog/adjust-app-sound-indiv...

tried it it my Firefox and it works. the volume will stay the same even you close.

hope this helps,

Troy Japuz, Feb 13, 2021
  4. reynav Win User

How to stop individual volume levels for individual apps?

volume control button affects all, cannot adjust for phone only & individual apps

similar to android, ios and all other phones, i need the basic feature of being able to control apps volume to a lower level while keeping my ringer volume to near maximum, ie adjusting them individually. is the problem with the phone or was it just me?

reynav, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

How to stop individual volume levels for individual apps?

1. How to stop individual volume levels for individual apps? - Similar Threads - stop individual volume

2. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  3. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  4. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume: Hello Microsoft community,I've been having some problem with my volume mixer lately.Normally I'm supposed to be able to mute individual applications by using my volume mixer. However none of my applications seem to registering? any sound and all the sound seems to be going...
  6. Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume: Hello Microsoft community,I've been having some problem with my volume mixer lately.Normally I'm supposed to be able to mute individual applications by using my volume mixer. However none of my applications seem to registering? any sound and all the sound seems to be going...
  7. Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 app individual sound level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 app individual sound level: Hi, I have the master volume of Windows 10 set to 72. Now, I use an app everyday, where the sound is way too loud. On every startup, the volume is set to 72 (equal to master volume), and I have to go and adjust it to 45. When I close down the app, the next time I open it,...
  9. Assign individual app for individual .url files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assign individual app for individual .url files: I'm starting to seriously question the intelligence of the people who design windows 10, but anyway. I've been doing some looking, and it seems you can't set an individual .url file to launch with an individual program. As far as I can tell, you can only set GLOBAL default...
  10. Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10: How to: Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10 How to Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10 The Volume Mixer in Windows allows you to change the volume level for individual devices and apps. Starting with Windows...