Windows 10: How to stop insert disk window that opens on startup

Discus and support How to stop insert disk window that opens on startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cannot figure out how to stop this window from displaying on start up. (pic attached) Any help will be appreciated. 56334 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tperk100, Jul 14, 2016.

1. tperk100 Win User

How to stop insert disk window that opens on startup

Cannot figure out how to stop this window from displaying on start up. (pic attached)

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

tperk100, Jul 14, 2016

2. Startup issue on newly installed Windows 10 Upgrade

At startup on my newly installed Windows 10, my CD/DVD drive opens up & a window on my screen asks me to insert a disc. This happens when my computer is asleep or signed off. How do I stop this from happening?

DougPiccolo, Jul 14, 2016
  3. BobH=k Win User
    Up graded from windows 7 to Windows 10. Now have issue with pop up related to drive E.

Pop up when starting windows 10. PMBVolumeWatcher.exe - No Disk. X There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:. How do I stop this from popping up?

BobH=k, Jul 14, 2016
  4. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

It's just a wild guess but could it be that File History is trying to update to drive N:\ ?

You can also check what programs are running when the message appears by opening Taskmanager.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Jul 14, 2016
  5. tperk100 Win User
    Renamed Drive N to H and problem is solved!

tperk100, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop insert disk window that opens on startup - Similar Threads - stop insert disk

2. how to stop an app opening on startup that doesn't show on startup apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to stop an app opening on startup that doesn't show on startup apps: Does anyone know how to prevent an app from opening from startup. The problem is that when I open start up apps and try to disable the program that starts up on my pc every time I start it, it doesn't show that specific program on the list of start up programs submitted by...
  3. Insert Disk in Drive (E:)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Insert Disk in Drive (E:): I keep getting a pop up that says "Insert Disk Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (E:) Cancel" There is no Drive or Disk (E:) What is this all about? I see others have the same issue. I have Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS Build 18363.1256 170780
  4. Insert Disk in Drive (E:)

in Windows 10 Support
    Insert Disk in Drive (E:): I keep getting a pop up that says "Insert Disk Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (E:) Cancel" There is no Drive or Disk (E:) What is this all about? I see others have the same issue. I have Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS Build 18363.1256 170780
  5. Insert disk into Drive E:?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Insert disk into Drive E:?: I keep getting a pop up that says "Insert Disk Please insert a disk into Removable Disk E: Cancel" There is no Drive or Disk E: What is this all about? I see others have the same issue. I have Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS Build 18363.1256...
  6. Please insert disk

Please insert disk: Win 10 pro. Whenever I put a dvd in, it spins, ejects and says "please insert disk" I did a repair install with a usb stick, dvd's were recognized. Machine then updated, no dvd's recognized. Not even the win10 dvd I did the initial install from...
  7. msfs2020 insert disk problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    msfs2020 insert disk problem: I have bought from the store MSFS 2020 and run it smoothly until a couple of days ago when the insert disk came up more and more each time when I started the game. Normally starting it again it went ok, but since yesterday it totally does not go any further in the start-up...
  8. How to stop Power Shell from opening on windows startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop Power Shell from opening on windows startup: I don't use this program but after the last Windows update I now have two computers in my office that on startup or reboot the Power Shell opens a windows and sometimes two windows. Eventually I am allowed to close the window and sometimes it closes on it own. Very annoying...
  9. How to stop disk check on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to stop disk check on startup windows 10: Hello everyone! Sometimes a Windows computer runs a disk check on startup. It happens every now and then on every computer, but for some people it happens every time they start their computer up. When it shows up, you have 8 seconds to skip it by pressing any keyboard key,...
  10. Please insert a disk into (D:)

Please insert a disk into (D:): Hello! I have a 1080p Action camera. You can find it Here. I have had it for about a month. It worked fine and I loved it. But recently I have been getting this error. When I plug it into my PC I get a message "Please insert a disk into (D*Smile." When I look at it in "My PC"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HOW TO STOP INSERT WINDOWS