Windows 10: How to stop installing one particular update?

Discus and support How to stop installing one particular update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I get a message that Windows is trying to install a driver. It tells me that the one I already have maybe a better driver already but it's going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bluebeep, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Bluebeep Win User

How to stop installing one particular update?

So I get a message that Windows is trying to install a driver. It tells me that the one I already have maybe a better driver already but it's going to try to install the worse? driver anyway.

I'm not a software developer or an engineer but even I know that it might not be a healthy situation if Windows has it's way here. Are these error messages ever read, or written by humans before they are put up? How can I make sure this particular driver isn't updated on my system? My system runs fine. I don't want to install anything new especially if the message sounds like it was written by a high 17 year old.

I have Windows 10 Home No Group Policy and I'm afraid my 'better' driver is going to be force replaced even though Windows knows what I have maybe better lol.

Seriously help guys!

How to stop installing one particular update? 8b285cd1-f8e4-48ac-a759-e5cd7408aa5f?upload=true.png

:)

Bluebeep, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, Apr 13, 2021
  3. NMI
    NMI Win User
    Windows Update will not open in Settings

Yes.

4. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. How to stop installing one particular update? - Similar Threads - stop installing particular

2. BSOD - How to prevent the installation of a particular update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - How to prevent the installation of a particular update?: A few days ago, 2 updates were installed through Windows Update. Since then, I have frequent BSOD. I suspected the 22H2 update KB5028185 and rolled it back yesterday to see if the problem is resolved. Today, Windows Update installed it again. Can I prevent Windows Update to...
  3. BSOD - How to prevent the installation of a particular update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - How to prevent the installation of a particular update?: A few days ago, 2 updates were installed through Windows Update. Since then, I have frequent BSOD. I suspected the 22H2 update KB5028185 and rolled it back yesterday to see if the problem is resolved. Today, Windows Update installed it again. Can I prevent Windows Update to...
  4. How do I stop a particular windows 10 update from installing?

How do I stop a particular windows 10 update from installing?: Something in the latest windows 10 quality update puts my computer in an endless auto repair cycle every time I try to restart. I removed the update and the problem went away. After I delayed the update as long as I could, it reinstalled and the problem came back. I...
  5. How do I stop a particular windows 10 update from installing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop a particular windows 10 update from installing?: Something in the latest windows 10 quality update puts my computer in an endless auto repair cycle every time I try to restart. I removed the update and the problem went away. After I delayed the update as long as I could, it reinstalled and the problem came back. I...
  6. How do I stop a particular windows 10 update from installing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. A way to stop one particular app in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A way to stop one particular app in OneDrive: Is there indeed a way to stop one particular App to TwoDrive, pardon me please, I mean to OneDrive and if so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-way-to-stop-one-particular-app-in-onedrive/4da88bf2-d79a-43d8-8c0f-32e7fbce15e5
  8. A way to stop one particular app in OneDrive

A way to stop one particular app in OneDrive: Is there indeed a way to stop one particular App to TwoDrive, pardon me please, I mean to OneDrive and if so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-way-to-stop-one-particular-app-in-onedrive/4da88bf2-d79a-43d8-8c0f-32e7fbce15e5
  9. One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer

One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer: I have a laptop, computer A, and a brand new Lexar 128GB flash drive. When I plug the flash drive into computer A, it doesn't work. If I try to open File Explorer specifically to This PC, to show all drives or try to open Disk Management, both freeze, and neither window will...
  10. One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer: I have a laptop, computer A, and a brand new Lexar 128GB flash drive. When I plug the flash drive into computer A, it doesn't work. If I try to open File Explorer specifically to This PC, to show all drives or try to open Disk Management, both freeze, and neither window will...