Windows 10: How to stop installing one particular update?

Discus and support How to stop installing one particular update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I get a message that Windows is trying to install a driver. It tells me that the one I already have maybe a better driver already but it's going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bluebeep, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Bluebeep Win User

How to stop installing one particular update?

So I get a message that Windows is trying to install a driver. It tells me that the one I already have maybe a better driver already but it's going to try to install the worse? driver anyway.

I'm not a software developer or an engineer but even I know that it might not be a healthy situation if Windows has it's way here. Are these error messages ever read, or written by humans before they are put up? How can I make sure this particular driver isn't updated on my system? My system runs fine. I don't want to install anything new especially if the message sounds like it was written by a high 17 year old.

I have Windows 10 Home No Group Policy and I'm afraid my 'better' driver is going to be force replaced even though Windows knows what I have maybe better lol.

Seriously help guys!

How to stop installing one particular update? 8b285cd1-f8e4-48ac-a759-e5cd7408aa5f?upload=true.png

:)

Bluebeep, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, Apr 13, 2021
  3. NMI
    NMI Win User
    Windows Update will not open in Settings

Yes.

4. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. How to stop installing one particular update? - Similar Threads - stop installing particular

2. "Updates failed to install" notification; how to stop it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Updates failed to install" notification; how to stop it?: So. Some update or another is failing to install because Windows believes VirtualBox is incompatible with Windows 10. The only way to get it installed is to uninstall VirtualBox. I'm not uninstalling VirtualBox. How do I stop the notification from popping up? submitted by...
  3. One particular Folder not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One particular Folder not accessible: Hello dear Members, One particular folder is not opening on windows 10. I have completed the following scans: sfc /scannow and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" as suggested by Windows Advisor but still that folder is not opening. This issue surfaced on...
  4. stop trying to update and replace the better now installed one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stop trying to update and replace the better now installed one: windows updater keeps trying to install a driver that Win10 says is better than one trying to be installed. Cant find way to ignore unrequest , or work around error msg A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep...
  5. One Particular Program Will Not Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One Particular Program Will Not Open: I recently attempted to install a Japanese game/visual novel on my computer, which has Windows 10. I think I was able to install it as a shortcut was created, as was a folder in Programs with an application file. I had my region set to Japan at the time. The version of the...
  6. Cannot install particular game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install particular game: Having a bit of a problem with a particular game on the Microsoft store. It says that it's for PC, but after purchasing it, it won't let me install the game because it's "unplayable" on my computer. Any suggestions?...
  7. Cannot access one particular website after last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access one particular website after last update: After the most recent update on 8/1/19, I cant access one of my regular websites that I visit. It says ' This site cannot be reached'. and 'The connection was reset.' Any idea how to correct this?...
  8. how to skip a particular update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to skip a particular update: I have Windows 10 64 bit that's updated to build 1703 already. Now I have a set of updates, including cumulative security and some Nvidia GPU driver update from year 2016 (no kidding). For obvious reason I like to skip that Nvidia device driver update. I did a search on...
  9. How to stop bugged update from installing ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop bugged update from installing ?: That's just it. This update is bugged and gives me an awful display experience. I installed windows several times to track it down, and I finally did. Now I need a way to not install it. And uninstalling it after it gets installed is not a solution. If it starts bugging my...
  10. How to Stop One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Stop One Drive: I would like to keep One Drive from loading every time I reboot, but not get rid of it entirely. How can I do this? 73003