Windows 10: How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song

Discus and support How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; iTunes is the ONLY application left for me that will play WAV files. Problem is, once this short ( ~ 15 seconds) WAV is finished, it auto-plays some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by x509, Dec 29, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song

iTunes is the ONLY application left for me that will play WAV files. Problem is, once this short ( ~ 15 seconds) WAV is finished, it auto-plays some music or lecture that I ripped from a CD. How do I turn this auto-play off?

I like my iPhone and iPad, *Smile but I really, really dislike iTunes. *Mad

:)

2. Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library

When I try to access specific songs in itunes it says "file location not found" yet I can call the song up on wmp and listen to it.
    Sometimes when I list the album in itunes the song is missing and other times it is grayed out. I am trying to put music to a video but I can only do it through itunes. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have spent too much time watching facebook videos on how to sync these two programs

really old guy, Dec 29, 2019
  3. briesmith Win User
    Stopping Songs Playing

Very simple question this.

Once I start a song playing how do I stop it? I can Pause it but that isn't stopping it.

Where is the STOP button?

(I can't believe, by the way, that I'm having to ask this question).

briesmith, Dec 29, 2019
  4. How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song

Stopping Songs Playing

The only advantage I see in a stop button would be clearing the now playing song list. There should be a way to do that, in case you want to create a whole new on-the-fly playlist.

Beethovenian, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song

1. How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song - Similar Threads - stop iTunes auto

2. How can I stop auto play of DVD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop auto play of DVD?: Hi,When I insert a disc, PowerDVD will start autoplay.In AutoPlay setting, there is a global switch. If I turn that off, it will stop autoplay for everything. But I'd want Windows 11 to automatically open the folder when a memory card is inserted. There is no specific setting...
  3. How can I stop auto play of DVD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop auto play of DVD?: Hi,When I insert a disc, PowerDVD will start autoplay.In AutoPlay setting, there is a global switch. If I turn that off, it will stop autoplay for everything. But I'd want Windows 11 to automatically open the folder when a memory card is inserted. There is no specific setting...
  4. Windows 10 - iTunes will not play songs or download anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - iTunes will not play songs or download anything: Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 iTunes version 12.10.7.3 I have downloaded and installed iTunes a number of times from the Microsoft app store and it still does not work. I get this error if I try to download something: [ATTACH] When I click to play...
  5. Songs wont play

in Windows 10 Customization
    Songs wont play: I have tons of music on my Surface pro. It will play some songs, others it wont. Yet when I load them on my Android phone using samsung player, they play fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/songs-wont-play/ae9d05b2-1dbe-4b6b-b38e-d9b3f994312a
  6. How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge: I just purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. I was under the impression that I could easily stop the annoying auto play videos on websites but I cannot figure out how to do so. I've seen posts about Internet Explorer and Active X but that doesn't seem to apply...
  7. Unable to play certain songs after updating to new version of iTunes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to play certain songs after updating to new version of iTunes: The other day, I updated my iTunes to the latest version: 12.9.4.102. Now, certain ACC songs will not play (using iTunes on my Windows 10 laptop). When I try to play them, the time (duration) is changed to "789:57:13" and then does not play. It looks like something in the new...
  8. Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox

in Browsers and Email
    Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox: It seems with every upgrade of FireFox, I have to find a new way of stopping videos from auto-playing in websites. Does anyone know how to stop them on this version: [img] 128337
  9. iTune song genre changing when playing the song.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    iTune song genre changing when playing the song.: Lost the entire iTunes library. Partially recovered, but when playing a song, the genre is changed. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/itune-song-genre-changing-when-playing-the-song/10e250a5-227f-470d-8a38-7e94bf3f5457
  10. How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] Microsoft Windows 10 v1809 has added options that let you allow or disable video autoplay in Microsoft Edge. You can stop them from playing on all websites you open on Microsoft Edge, or you can allow/stop them from playing on [...] This post How to stop Videos from...