Windows 10: How to stop keys from changing what they do?

Discus and support How to stop keys from changing what they do? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Seemingly out of nowhere, the volume keys at the side of my laptop start opening security options. This happens randomly every few months and changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Diego Nunez Eguiza, Dec 3, 2023.

1. How to stop keys from changing what they do?

Seemingly out of nowhere, the volume keys at the side of my laptop start opening security options. This happens randomly every few months and changes back randomly.

:)

Diego Nunez Eguiza, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

How to stop keys from changing what they do?

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

How to stop keys from changing what they do?

1. How to stop keys from changing what they do? - Similar Threads - stop keys changing

2. how do i change what my keys do on m16 r2 alienware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change what my keys do on m16 r2 alienware: I was playing a game and realized that the f5 function in my game had to be fn f5 because my f5 key was something else for my alienware. I cannot find how to change what each key does....
  3. how do i change what my keys do on m16 r2 alienware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change what my keys do on m16 r2 alienware: I was playing a game and realized that the f5 function in my game had to be fn f5 because my f5 key was something else for my alienware. I cannot find how to change what each key does....
  4. How to stop keys from changing what they do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop keys from changing what they do?: Seemingly out of nowhere, the volume keys at the side of my laptop start opening security options. This happens randomly every few months and changes back randomly....
  5. What is DLL host service and how do i stop it from running?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is DLL host service and how do i stop it from running?: Recently i have found this program runs everytime i boot my pc and when i end the task it starts up again. I tried opening the file location and this is where its located, apparently if this program is not in the System32 folder its a virus but i wasnt really sure. Heres the...
  6. How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?: I have a program in Startup. I use this program every single day, every time I boot my PC. I set it to Enable in the Startup section. Each time I start my PC, it is not run and the setting is changed to Disable. I also set the Power Management feature to never turn off my...
  7. How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?

How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?: I like things my way. I like them my way because that's the way my brain works and this is what I'm used to and what works for me. So how do I get MS to stop changing my settings with every. single. update? I don't want anything on my computer in any folder anywhere...
  8. How do I stop my background picture from changing

How do I stop my background picture from changing: Everyday, I am having to reset my background picture to what I want. I've followed the most common resolution to turn off Sync. It's been off and the changes still happen. There must be another way....
  9. How to reverse what a virus changed and stop it from opening in startup.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to reverse what a virus changed and stop it from opening in startup.: After getting stressed because a virus didnt stopped to open a cmd every time i closed it i started checking the files from the program that installed it (because no antivirus has fixed this :( ) and then found this things: first thing that opens is a launcher.bat that gets...
  10. How do I stop Edge from changing url of favorites

in Browsers and Email
    How do I stop Edge from changing url of favorites: You're welcome. It's the bane of all users that Developers *think* they know what we need but don't listen to suggestions and instead follow the corporate mandate. Thank God Texaco has a much better business model, and thank you for your years of service in keeping things...