Windows 10: How to stop kids editing their age in child accounts?

Discus and support How to stop kids editing their age in child accounts? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have just set up a child account for my son (12), and it appears he is able to log into his Microsoft account and change his age, thereby... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by curiousdragon_561, May 15, 2019.

1. How to stop kids editing their age in child accounts?

Hi, I have just set up a child account for my son (12), and it appears he is able to log into his Microsoft account and change his age, thereby removing himself from the Family settings I have in place. How is this even possible? It seems there is no way for me, the adult his 'child' account is placed under, to lock his profile settings so he is unable to change his age. Am I missing something, or is this simply a glaring hole?

For the record, we are using Windows 10 Professional, all updates are in place, and the account is on his own computer. He is setup as a limited user, and I have a separate Administrator account I use. The issue isn't his computer - it's actually the web portal he is able to log into his Microsoft account online - seems it is very easy to change his age.

Thanks

:)

curiousdragon_561, May 15, 2019
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Changing a child's age

Hi Jeff,

Creating a child account allows you to block adult websites or specify which sites you want your kids to see. You can also set screen time limits to make sure they're not spending too much time in the virtual world. To change the age of a child account, kindly
    click this
    link
    and follow the steps provided.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, May 15, 2019
  3. Not to Accept Invitation from a Child Account

Hi Timothy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me try to help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to remove the child account from family safety and add it again. Follow the below steps to remove the child account.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings.

• To remove an adult, including the account you used to sign in with, choose Remove at the top of the Adults section. If you're the only adult in the family, you'll need to remove all the kids before you can remove yourself.

• Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Once you remove the account, try to add the account again and check it helps.

https://account.microsoft.com/family#/

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 15, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

How to stop kids editing their age in child accounts?

Editing a Child Account

Hi Eric,

To isolate the issue about editing a child's account, we suggest that you follow the solution provided by Frederik Long on this

link

You can also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps provided by community and see if it'll solve your concern.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 15, 2019
Thema:

How to stop kids editing their age in child accounts?

1. How to stop kids editing their age in child accounts? - Similar Threads - stop kids editing

2. how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account: Today I created a parent account and joined a child account to it. I am trying to access the child account to edit personal info birth date through the new parent account but I cannot. I see the child account, use the hamburger menu, choose 'Manage consent' and then it goes...
  3. how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to edit personal information for a child account through a parent account: Today I created a parent account and joined a child account to it. I am trying to access the child account to edit personal info birth date through the new parent account but I cannot. I see the child account, use the hamburger menu, choose 'Manage consent' and then it goes...
  4. Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?: I set up a Microsoft account in my name and purchased Minecraft for my son. I used his age on the Microsoft account in error and now can’t change it as it thinks I’m not an adult. How on earth do I get it changed to the correct age?If I delete the account then he can’t access...
  5. changing a childs age

changing a childs age: how can i change the age of my child so they can access things like Xbox insiders hub? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-childs-age/72c8dce8-c431-4e83-be33-2d5b9ca8f826
  6. Stop my kid from editing settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop my kid from editing settings: How to stop my kids to access settings,powershell,cmd,registry,safe mode,reset,etc as through them he is bypassing the parental controls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-my-kid-from-editing-settings/94238006-b98e-4f7f-8919-09d8bc26c5a6
  7. Stop by kid editing settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop by kid editing settings: How to stop my kids to access settings,powershell,cmd,registry,safe mode,etc as through them he is bypassing the parental controls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-by-kid-editing-settings/11c97139-87e8-4a16-aeb3-31e46c1490da
  8. What age will the child be able to manage the account themselves?

What age will the child be able to manage the account themselves?: Hi, I was wondering when a child can manage their own account and what happens when they reach that age but are already in a Microsoft family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-age-will-the-child-be-able-to-manage-the/314268c2-9eb0-4e13-995e-69bb0f7d255c"
  9. Child’s age for activity report?

Child’s age for activity report?: I just set up activity reports on my sons laptop but have now received an email that he has turned it off and had access to do this based on his age. What age gives him this authorisation? He’s15!...
  10. How to block a kid from changing their own age?

How to block a kid from changing their own age?: Microsoft Family provides nice tools to control kid's screen time. However, there is an easy way to workaround this by leaving one's family from your own account. A good thing is that a kid under 18 doesn't have this option. However, nothing prevents a kid from modifying...