Windows 10: How to stop laptop from over heating

Discus and support How to stop laptop from over heating in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone my Laptop is overheating every time i play games on it even though i have a cooling pad under it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EdwardHartigan, Nov 11, 2021.

1. How to stop laptop from over heating

Hi everyone my Laptop is overheating every time i play games on it even though i have a cooling pad under it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to stop this from happening

:)

EdwardHartigan, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 11, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

How to stop laptop from over heating

Sun/heat vs. laptop

The laptop should be protected against overheating. First step, if the fans were not providing enough cooling, would be to throttle back the CPU to reduce the load, in extreme it should shut down if that wasn't enough. You can monitor the CPU temperature with something like Core Temp

I'd be concerned about condensation on the ice-pack getting into the laptop, water and electrics don't mix. Oh. and concerned for you getting sunburn.

Thema:

How to stop laptop from over heating

1. How to stop laptop from over heating - Similar Threads - stop laptop heating

2. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  3. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  4. How to stop laptop from over heating

How to stop laptop from over heating: Hi everyone my Laptop is overheating every time i play games on it even though i have a cooling pad under it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to stop this from happening...
  5. Battery charged notification to avoid over heating of laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery charged notification to avoid over heating of laptop.: Can you please give a feature in new OS Windows 11 that will give a notification after the battery is charged at a specific percentage, that percentage metric must be user-customizable? It can help in avoiding battery damage due to overcharging of battery....
  6. Battery charged notification to avoid over heating of laptop.

Battery charged notification to avoid over heating of laptop.: Can you please give a feature in new OS Windows 11 that will give a notification after the battery is charged at a specific percentage, that percentage metric must be user-customizable? It can help in avoiding battery damage due to overcharging of battery....
  7. My laptop keeps on over heating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps on over heating: whenever i play a game it just gets hot and the fan gets kind of loud and i wish i could stop this, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-over-heating/85d6acee-54d1-4b89-a748-3e674b640182
  8. Laptop not overheating but going to sleep because it's "over heated".

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not overheating but going to sleep because it's "over heated".: I'm gaming on my Dell XPS 9550 and it's not even getting past 80 C before it goes to sleep because of "overheating". Recently it has also been a lot hotter doing tasks it used to never get that hot doing. Nothing has changed so I can't think what's causing it. I can hear...
  9. Heating of Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Heating of Laptop: when I use my laptop without the internet my laptop doesn't get heated, but when it connected to the internet it gets very hot and hotter and hotter when I use youtube? so kindly give some solutions to save my laptop from heating and loudness of fan....
  10. GPU over heating: How to test reducing it's frequency

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU over heating: How to test reducing it's frequency: Hello I may have an over heating GPU that may cause my PC to froze. I don't really need a fast GPU, but I do need a reliable and stable PC. My system has two cards: Ge force GT 630 and GeForce GTX 550 ti Is reducing it's frequency may help to reduce the temperature?...