Windows 10: How to stop laptop from turning on itself in the middle of the night?

Discus and support How to stop laptop from turning on itself in the middle of the night? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For a few nights in a roll, my laptop would automatically come out of sleep mode on it's own and start playing Youtube (which I paused before I sleep)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SumoDash, Jun 11, 2020.

1. How to stop laptop from turning on itself in the middle of the night?

For a few nights in a roll, my laptop would automatically come out of sleep mode on it's own and start playing Youtube (which I paused before I sleep) and wake me up. In the past, when I close the lid, it goes into sleep mode and doesn't come back on by itself.

How do I stop this?

submitted by /u/SumoDash
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SumoDash, Jun 11, 2020

2. Laptop wakes up from sleep on its own

Hi Monica,

It happened again last night. The laptop was plugged in and with the lid closed. It turned on on its own in the middle of the night and woke me up as well because the fans were quite loud. I opened the lid, but it didn't 'wake up'. I had to hold the power button
    for a few seconds to switch it off.

This happened after I followed the steps in your first answer. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

BrunoImbrizi, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Night Mode

Hi David,

Additional information will give us a clarity to your concern. We would like to know if you are referring to Night Light. If yes, follow these steps to turn off the Night Light:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Make sure that you are on Display tab, and then toggle the
      Night Light
      option to Off.
    • Click on Night light settings.
    • Click on Turn off now button.

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jun 11, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

How to stop laptop from turning on itself in the middle of the night?

n-ster, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

How to stop laptop from turning on itself in the middle of the night?

1. How to stop laptop from turning on itself in the middle of the night? - Similar Threads - stop laptop turning

2. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown: For some time now, my computer will randomly power on in the middle of the night after a complete shutdown. I use the shutdown option from the start menu, and it is set to power off with that button in power settings.I've checked wake-on-lan settings for keyboard and mouse as...
  3. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown: For some time now, my computer will randomly power on in the middle of the night after a complete shutdown. I use the shutdown option from the start menu, and it is set to power off with that button in power settings.I've checked wake-on-lan settings for keyboard and mouse as...
  4. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

Computer turning on in the middle of the night: My computer is randomly turning on at night, somewhere around 3-5 am. I know it does this when updating and also going into a mode where it looks like it's shut down and you have to press the power button to turn it on but it's actually just asleep. No idea what that's...
  6. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning on in the middle of the night: My computer is randomly turning on at night, somewhere around 3-5 am. I know it does this when updating and also going into a mode where it looks like it's shut down and you have to press the power button to turn it on but it's actually just asleep. No idea what that's...
  7. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to stop boots in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop boots in the middle of the night: For sometime, when I power down my computer it restarts itself later or in the middle of the night. How do I stop this? Using WIN10 Pro Version 20H2. P.S. Computer is not sleeping or hibernating. 169670
  9. Laptop turned of itself in the middle of the night.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop turned of itself in the middle of the night.: I turned off my laptop at 4 am. Woke up 7 am to find out my laptop was hibernanting, which was strange since i knew i turned that thing off. Looked up on Task Manager and noticed that my laptop was running since 5:30 am. Opened the Reliability Monitor and found out that my...
  10. Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT: hi, yesterday i woke up in the middle of the night and decided to turn over on to my other side, but then i noticed my laptop had just started turning itself on. I'm very sure I put it into shutdown that evening. and my monitor was turned off too. It didn't connect to the...