Windows 10: How to stop links in windows mail from opening in a half window/

Discus and support How to stop links in windows mail from opening in a half window/ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Links in mail messages open in half a window in Edge browser. Didn't do that until recently. How do I fix? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LenB17, Aug 9, 2019.

1. LenB17 Win User

How to stop links in windows mail from opening in a half window/

Links in mail messages open in half a window in Edge browser. Didn't do that until recently. How do I fix? Thanks.

:)

LenB17, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to stop links in windows mail from opening in a half window/ :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How to stop links in windows mail from opening in a half window/ - Similar Threads - stop links mail

2. all links to the web stopped working in windows mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    all links to the web stopped working in windows mail: Hi, Within the last few days all links to the web stopped working in windows mail. If I access the email thru the servers, yahoo or hotmail, the links will function. I am using Windows 10 v1803. There are no options in the settings to, well do anything. Can anyone offer...
  3. Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links: Since i updated my Windows 10 to the latest build version 17763.557, I'm unable to open links in e-mails on Windows 10 Mail program using my standard browser Firefox. Although if I use another browser like for example, Edge, it opens normally like it did before this new...
  4. Mail links

Mail links: In the past, whenever I click on a link in an email I'm taken directly to my browser and the link tab opens. Now when I hit a link in and email I can see the tab open in the browser but the mail window remains on top. What setting has changed? Is it MS mail or in my...
  5. Windows Mail linked accounts.

Windows Mail linked accounts.: How can I solve my mail accounts being linked back to original layout. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-linked-accounts/d5a36909-1ca0-4093-8d9f-47807b7bee24
  6. Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons): Hi I have this ongoing problem with the Windows 10 Mail app. Some links (jpeg buttons) do not open into a browser from this app. I either have to go to Outlook.com or use Outlook 365 which is a pain. I get this pop-up all the time. I already tried the mentioned firewall...
  7. Opening up mail link in Default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opening up mail link in Default browser: Hello I run a website that includes a way to send email to members by clicking on an email link. When one of my clients clicks on an email link on a web site that is supposed to open a compose message in her email program, nothing happens, This is the page......
  8. Opening links in Microsoft Mail Version 17.8241.41275.0

in Browsers and Email
    Opening links in Microsoft Mail Version 17.8241.41275.0: I have two Comcast email accounts on Mail. I can open email links on Comcast site, but not in Mail. Any ideas how to do such? I have attached what I get when trying to open the link. 90825
  9. Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail?: Is it possible to make it so that when you click on a link in Mail it is opened in Firefox rather than Edge? 80795
  10. How to stop windows mail sync gmail social mails?

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop windows mail sync gmail social mails?: Hi, I'm trying to sync my gmail with windows 10 mail so new mails appear in notifications area. I've added my account to sync and mails are coming in but my problem is that it also syncs gmail's social mails. How can i stop social mails from appearing in notification area?...