Windows 10: How to stop McAfee annoying ads that begin 3 months before the subscription expires

Discus and support How to stop McAfee annoying ads that begin 3 months before the subscription expires in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have already purchased a multiuser subscription. I have a new computer that came preinstalled with 6 months package. It is out of sync with the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RN1234, Feb 11, 2020.

1. RN1234 Win User

How to stop McAfee annoying ads that begin 3 months before the subscription expires

I have already purchased a multiuser subscription. I have a new computer that came preinstalled with 6 months package. It is out of sync with the rest of my computers. No matter. No company should be allowed to use my computer for their personal use! I must accept risk every day even though I have months left on my subscription!!! Talk about despicable!!!. I have gone into settings, System, Notifications & Actions, and McAfee and turned off notifications. But to no affect. How do I stop this without wasting money?

:)

RN1234, Feb 11, 2020
  2. rupesh_19 Win User

music subscription expired

purchased lumia 720 with one year of subscription. However, it got expired in 6 months. Now what is next step.

rupesh_19, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Apps Stop Working after Upgrade Patches

What's the full name of your currently-installed McAfee application (e.g., McAfee Total Protection 2015. McAfee Internet Security 2014)?

Are you planning on renewing your McAfee subscription (or replacing the McAfee application with Win10's Defender & Firewall) before your current subscription expires later this month?

Have you ever run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool [<=that's JUST a question, NOT a suggestion!]

• Fact: McAfee (and Norton) applications are notorious for not uninstalling or upgrading cleanly. The "leftovers" may be your troublemaker here.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Feb 11, 2020
  4. SlickRCBD Win User

How to stop McAfee annoying ads that begin 3 months before the subscription expires

stop annoying dialog about mcafee on startup/login

Since the last program update to McAfee, every time I log in to my computer I get an annoying dialog box about "Windows cannot find 'C:\program files\WindowsApps\5A894077.McAfeeSecurity_1.4.3.0_x64_wa...\McAfeeSecurityStartup.exe'.

Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again."

How to stop McAfee annoying ads that begin 3 months before the subscription expires 9930dbd9-5a38-49bd-bd17-3c49151f80b7?upload=true.png

I cannot locate where Windows is being told to look for this item.

It seems msconfig is depreciated for startup items, the thing it tells me to look at instead in task manager has no reference to a "McAfeeSecurityStartup.exe", There is no startup folder on the Start menu. I've downloaded the Systems Internals Suite and
    I cannot find any reference to a McAfeeSecurityStartup.exe in autoruns64.exe either when looking at the everything tab. I've looked both with my normal standard account and running autoruns64 as an administrator using my other (administrator) account's credentials.

I've also downloaded and run CCleaner.

Where else would I look to get rid of this annoying dialog? I'm about ready to uninstall McAfee, since the subscription expires next month anyways and I'm thinking of switching to Avast like I have on my other, older computers. McAfee came with a free one
    year subscription with the computer.

SlickRCBD, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

1. How to stop McAfee annoying ads that begin 3 months before the subscription expires - Similar Threads - stop McAfee annoying

2. Windows: Subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon. Mcafee: Your McAfee subscription...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows: Subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon. Mcafee: Your McAfee subscription...: Windows Virus & Threat Protection, under Protection Updates, states, "Your subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon".McAfee from AT&T states: "Your McAfee subscription ends in 179389 days".I guess the difference may be the interpretation of the word, "soon". I figure...
  3. Windows: Subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon. Mcafee: Your McAfee subscription...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows: Subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon. Mcafee: Your McAfee subscription...: Windows Virus & Threat Protection, under Protection Updates, states, "Your subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon".McAfee from AT&T states: "Your McAfee subscription ends in 179389 days".I guess the difference may be the interpretation of the word, "soon". I figure...
  4. Windows: Subscription to McAfee VirusScan expires soon. Mcafee: Your McAfee subscription...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. McAfee Subscription has expired

McAfee Subscription has expired: My computer came with a temporary subscription to McAfee anti-virus. After my trial expired I used the program found on McAfee's website to uninstall this program. Despite this, I consistently get a windows pop up that says "McAfee subscription has expired" then instructs me...
  6. Popups from Mcafee "Your subscription has expired"

Popups from Mcafee "Your subscription has expired": McAfee popups " your subscription has expired" have jumped up onto my screen about 100 times in the last several weeks. How to make them STOP? Control Panel, uninstall does not list McAfee, nor does task scheduler Help!...
  7. McAfee Subscription Expired

McAfee Subscription Expired: I don't have McAfee, nor do I want. Norton can with Comcast and have had since 2009. Getting notifications that McAfee is out of date or subscription has expired. What do I do.. [Original Title: McAfee]...
  8. how to cancel an Expired Subscription?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to cancel an Expired Subscription?: when Microsoft did the $1 for a month of the xbox game pass, i signed up using the funny enough the $1 i had in my account. the issue occurs when I have no currency in my xbox account or my secondary payment, which is through credit card. I don't want to pay for any more of...
  9. McAfee has expired

McAfee has expired: I let McAfee expire, and I removed it. But Windows Defender still says "McAfee VirusScan is installed as an antivirus provider." How is McAfee still involved, since my McAfee subscription has expired?...
  10. Before I begin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Before I begin: Background: Last year I decided to upgrade my HP desktop to Win 10 from Win 7 Pro. Result? BSOD! (And, of course, near cardiac arrest). It took almost two days before I was able to restore to Win 7 and in the process discovered that apparently there was an "incompatible...