Windows 10: How to stop microphone volume level from automatically adjusting?

Discus and support How to stop microphone volume level from automatically adjusting? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've noticed that my microphone volume, particularly when I'm speaking, will automatically adjust itself from the sound control panel. My microphone is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tiredsigh6, Jan 26, 2021.

1. How to stop microphone volume level from automatically adjusting?

I've noticed that my microphone volume, particularly when I'm speaking, will automatically adjust itself from the sound control panel. My microphone is an AudioTechnica AT2035, with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface, and I'm on Windows Build 19042.746. I can't figure out what exactly is causing it. I've already tried turning off Exclusive mode, disabling other audio inputs, updating drivers, changing voice recognition settings, etc. with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

submitted by /u/tiredsigh6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tiredsigh6, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

How do I stop windows 10 adjusting microphone volume automatically

Welcome to tenforums! *Smile

Advanced Microphone Properties...

How to stop microphone volume level from automatically adjusting? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 26, 2021
  3. buggerman Win User
    How do I stop windows 10 adjusting microphone volume automatically

I have connected my monitor to my PC's microphone port with a 3.5mm audio cable so that I can connect my Playstation 4 to the monitor and have the sound come through the PC. This has worked ok, but the problem I'm encountering is that the volume is automatically adjusting so that it is quiet when the game is quiet and loud when the game is loud.

I believe this is because Windows 10 automatically adjusts microphone volume so that it doesn't pick up background noise. Does anyone know if it's possible to stop it from doing this?

buggerman, Jan 26, 2021
  4. How to stop microphone volume level from automatically adjusting?

Programs adjust microphone level automatically

For the past 2 years I've been struggling to find a solution to this problem. Programs like TeamViewer and Skype for Business automatically change my microphone output levels when
    they think that I'm being too loud. This results in having to rapidly open sound settings to fix the level back to 100 during work calls where people claim that my voice volume keeps changing while talking.

Not only does windows continue to allow programs to change my microphone output volume, but it's also allowing Skype for Business to adjust the volume of other programs while I'm on calls, despite my setting the Sound -> Communications setting to "Do Nothing"
    when it detects communication activity.

I want to be able to configure Windows to literally never adjust my sound input or output automatically. I'm not an invalid that I can't press my damn volume buttons up and down as desired when the situation arises, and I see no
    valid use case for automation of this, since every mechanism I have found to prevent it clearly does not work.

BenjaminKiefer, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

How to stop microphone volume level from automatically adjusting?

1. How to stop microphone volume level from automatically adjusting? - Similar Threads - stop microphone volume

2. Automatic microphone volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic microphone volume adjustment: I have microphone issue in my laptop. I am using an In-Line microphone 3.5 mm jack from Sony. The problem is that as soon as I raise my speaking volume, the mic lower it's sensitivity automatically. I want it to be constant. I manage my microphone volume from Control Panel in...
  3. Automatic microphone volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic microphone volume adjustment: I have microphone issue in my laptop. I am using an In-Line microphone 3.5 mm jack from Sony. The problem is that as soon as I raise my speaking volume, the mic lower it's sensitivity automatically. I want it to be constant. I manage my microphone volume from Control Panel in...
  4. Automatic microphone volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Microphone keeps adjusting the volume automatically

My Microphone keeps adjusting the volume automatically: I have purchased a Blue Yeti Nano and can't wait to use it to stream, however no matter how many times I set the volume to 50, when I speak the volume raises itself. I've seen several other people have the exact same issue and it's frustrating that the option I selected said...
  6. Windows10 microphone level adjustment

Windows10 microphone level adjustment: When connecting a USB device with a microphone, Windows10 let's me adjust the level of this microphone via a slider with values from 0 to 100. What do these values correspond to in actual gain/amplification? Where on the slider is the 0 dB gain point, where Windows will not...
  7. window10 microphone volume level auto adjust

in Windows 10 Customization
    window10 microphone volume level auto adjust: window10 microphone volume level auto adjust by itself most of time it reset to 100 and last time it adjusted to 87 for the first time it seems like it happens alot when i restart the comptuer but it happened last time during i was working on my computer i tried most of...
  8. Programs adjust microphone level automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs adjust microphone level automatically: For the past 2 years I've been struggling to find a solution to this problem. Programs like TeamViewer and Skype for Business automatically change my microphone output levels when they think that I'm being too loud. This results in having to rapidly open sound settings to fix...
  9. Cannot adjust microphone level

Cannot adjust microphone level: What's the deal? It was just fine a couple days ago. No I haven't changed anything. I haven't even let Windows Update run without my permission. It has been updated, but that was weeks ago. This happened before back when Win10 was released. I didn't do anything to change it...
  10. When using my microphone, the microphone level automatically adjusts. -Bender1337

When using my microphone, the microphone level automatically adjusts. -Bender1337: When a loud enough noise occurs, the sound goes down roughly 6-12 percent - sometimes more. I can see the bar move on its own. I can't find the program that is doing it. Is there a tool to find out which program is fiddling with my mic? (https://youtu.be/5I-mbFjJqcU) Mic...