Windows 10: How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running

Discus and support How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running every time I start Windows 10? Thank you in advance, Nenad 136612 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NenadB, Jul 15, 2019.

1. NenadB Win User

How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running

Hello!

How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running every time I start Windows 10?

Thank you in advance,

Nenad

:)

NenadB, Jul 15, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to run Microsoft Edge automatically at startup

Hi Jimmill,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to run Microsoft Edge automatically after the boot. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• PressWindows key + R from Desktop.
    • Type shell:startup and press
      ok.
    • The Startup folder for the logged in user account will now appear.
    • Drag and drop the programs that you wish to run automatically at boot add their shortcuts to the Startup.
    • Restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Jul 15, 2019
  4. How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running

How to run Edge automatically at startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to run Microsoft Edge automatically after the boot. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• PressWindows key + R from Desktop.
    • Type shell:startup and press
      ok.
    • The Startup folder for the logged in user account will now appear.
    • Drag and drop the programs that you wish to run automatically at boot add their shortcuts to the Startup.
    • Restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running

1. How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft Edge

2. How to stop Microsoft Edge fro opening automatically after unsleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Microsoft Edge fro opening automatically after unsleeping: This happens every like maybe ~1 in 20 times. it's incredibly annoying because when I wake up there are like 6 Microsoft Edge windows open.I have it disabled for startup. This is coming out of Sleep mode, not shut down mode....
  3. how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?: I want to stop the downloads from automatically going to "edge"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-downloads-from-automatically-going-to/aaa39101-954b-4491-9402-580b48cc9b1b
  4. how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?: I want to stop the downloads from automatically going to "edge"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-downloads-from-automatically-going-to/aaa39101-954b-4491-9402-580b48cc9b1b
  5. Stop Microsoft Edge/Pop-ups from launching automatically with IE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft Edge/Pop-ups from launching automatically with IE: Hello,we have around 100 Windows computers around the Czech Republic that run a web application that uses ActiveX to display a video stream from an IP camera. These computers are unattended, there is usually no mouse nor a keyboard connected to the computer.Our hope was and...
  6. Stop Microsoft Edge to start automatically with IE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft Edge to start automatically with IE: Hello,we have around 100 Windows computers around the Czech Republic that run a web application that uses ActiveX to display a video stream from an IP camera. These computers are unattended, there is usually no mouse nor a keyboard connected to the computer.Our hope was and...
  7. How to stop Microsoft Edge from running

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from running: I went Settings/Apps& Features/Microsoft Edge/Advance Options and turned them all off. However it must still be running because when I clean my temporary files there are more than 100 entries from Microsoft Edge. How do I shut of Microsoft Edge? Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version...
  8. How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?: How to stop Edge from running as the startup program or delete it permanently? Kind regards, Nenad 142152
  9. How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running: Hello! How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running every time I start Windows 10? Thank you in advance, Nenad 136612
  10. Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background: Can we stop 'Windows Edge' from running in the background? Should we? 15142