Windows 10: How to stop Microsoft Edge from running

Discus and support How to stop Microsoft Edge from running in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I went Settings/Apps& Features/Microsoft Edge/Advance Options and turned them all off. However it must still be running because when I clean my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by KCav45, May 18, 2020.

1. KCav45 Win User

How to stop Microsoft Edge from running

I went Settings/Apps& Features/Microsoft Edge/Advance Options and turned them all off. However it must still be running because when I clean my temporary files there are more than 100 entries from Microsoft Edge. How do I shut of Microsoft Edge?

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 10.0.18363.build 18363

:)

KCav45, May 18, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, May 18, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 18, 2020
  4. How to stop Microsoft Edge from running

microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

Hi Robert,

We suggest that you open Microsoft Edge via Run just to verify if Microsoft Edge is installed in the PC. If it comes up, pin it to the taskbar.

To open Microsoft Edge via Run, see steps below:

• Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R.
    • In the text field, type microsoft-edge: and then click
      OK

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, May 18, 2020
Thema:

How to stop Microsoft Edge from running

1. How to stop Microsoft Edge from running - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft Edge

2. How Can I Stop Microsoft Edge from Updating

in Browsers and Email
    How Can I Stop Microsoft Edge from Updating: I updated my computer to windows 10 20H2, see the new chromium edge browser, and it looks alright, but im sticking with firefox until I absolutely need to use edge for whatever reason. Thing is: its update behavior of course resembles google chrome, and I never managed to get...
  3. How to stop Microsoft Photos from running down battery?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop Microsoft Photos from running down battery?: Microsoft Photos runs in the background all the time, running down my laptop battery and making it hot. This doesn't happen on my desktop which has the same versions of everything including Windows 10 and Photos. How can I stop it?...
  4. How to stop Edge from loading ...

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Edge from loading ...: I do not use or need Edge. I want to stop it from automatically starting. I have tried the registry fix as well as the fix using gpedit.msc. When I restart, Edge is right there. How can I get it to stop preloading at startup? I am on Version 2004 OS Build 19041,264. Thanks...
  5. How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Edge from running as the startup program?: How to stop Edge from running as the startup program or delete it permanently? Kind regards, Nenad 142152
  6. How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running: Hello! How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running every time I start Windows 10? Thank you in advance, Nenad 136612
  7. How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running: Hello! How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running every time I start Windows 10? Thank you in advance, Nenad 136612
  8. microsoft edge running

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge running: i do not use edge, i use firefox, i have disables all i could find on edge, it still is running though not opened when i run ccleaner, it says i must close edge, i let it close edge, then ccleaner says it is taking too long, i tell it to force close, why is it still running...
  9. how to stop updates from running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to stop updates from running: windows home edition 64 bit I occasionally disable windows updates from d/l to save bandwidth usage today I did that and it says stopping but after several hours hasn't. how can I spot it without using system restore? 127510
  10. Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Windows Edge from Running in the Background: Can we stop 'Windows Edge' from running in the background? Should we? 15142