Windows 10: how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers

Discus and support how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Five years after posting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leavemealonestopuce, Jan 27, 2023.

1. how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers

Five years after posting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/stop-windows-10-from-installing-duplicate-printer/ee0cc493-ca69-41e7-aa31-419445658780?tm=1516168140616&lc=1041, still being plagued by the problem. The solution I have found is three-part: 1 uninstall the driver using Device Manager, 2 move the current and backup driver files to personal account space, and 3 remove references to the driver in the Registry. Detailed steps below. Sorry for the mix in languages. I. Uninstall using This alone is NOT permanent. 1 Before del

:)

leavemealonestopuce, Jan 27, 2023

2. Is my harddrive faulty?

Please pull your CMOS battery, wait 20 seconds, install. Enter BIOS, set date and time, make sure SATA is set to AHCI

Make sure your are booting UEFI

Boot from media and redo the shift + F10 instructions above. Then install windows using custom. (Step 10 of this Tutorial)

Clean Install Windows 10

Then skip to Step 13. How big of a drive shows in the Window for step 13. Notice the note within step 13

how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers 198104d1533261938t-my-harddrive-faulty-image.png

Can you click Next?

Caledon Ken, Jan 27, 2023
  3. System drivers stopped working after upgrade to Windows 10.

Hello Greg,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you mean System Drivers or
      System Services
      ?

• Which system drivers are not working?

• Did you check if the drivers are faulty from
      Device Manager
      ?

I suggest you to check for faulty drivers from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and open
      Device Manager.

• Expand each and every driver and check for the yellow exclamation mark.

• Right click on the driver with yellow exclamation mark and select
      Update option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• Close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest drivers of the faulty driver from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 27, 2023
  4. Fox34 Win User

how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers

1. how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft installing

2. How to stop audio from cutting out on the drivers end?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop audio from cutting out on the drivers end?: I have followed every forum on how to restart and refresh and reinstall all of my audio drivers but still every 3-5 minutes the audio will cut out for 30-45secs no matter what platform or website I am using....
  3. How to stop audio from cutting out on the drivers end?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop audio from cutting out on the drivers end?: I have followed every forum on how to restart and refresh and reinstall all of my audio drivers but still every 3-5 minutes the audio will cut out for 30-45secs no matter what platform or website I am using....
  4. How to stop audio from cutting out on the drivers end?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers: Five years after posting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/stop-windows-10-from-installing-duplicate-printer/ee0cc493-ca69-41e7-aa31-419445658780?tm=1516168140616&lc=1041, still being plagued by the problem. The solution I have found is...
  6. how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop Microsoft from installing duplicate, out-of-date, faulty drivers: Five years after posting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/stop-windows-10-from-installing-duplicate-printer/ee0cc493-ca69-41e7-aa31-419445658780?tm=1516168140616&lc=1041, still being plagued by the problem. The solution I have found is...
  7. out dated drivers

out dated drivers: what to do with popups claiming my drivers are out dated and winzip wants to install updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/out-dated-drivers/7620b6dd-456f-467d-8185-4d5b9de327a3
  8. How to fix faulty drivers

How to fix faulty drivers: I recently checked my pc in safe mode.I saw many faulty driver there in device manager.Pls someone tell me how to fix those drivers. Here's a list of those drivers: Generic PnP Monitor Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter Microsoft GS Wavetable...
  9. How to fix faulty drivers?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix faulty drivers?: My pc has been crashing alot lately, i have done various tests of my hardware and everything seems fine but my drivers installed seem to be causing problems and i cant seem to know which one so can anyone help me with an easy way to fix this problem automatic repair does not...
  10. how do I install an out dated video card driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I install an out dated video card driver?: how do I install an out dated video card driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-an-out-dated-video-card-driver/0dee08d9-8677-45c7-9df1-57380228e63e