Windows 10: How to stop Microsoft install stuff on my Computer

Discus and support How to stop Microsoft install stuff on my Computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have had enough now. I have Office 2016 full version. its fine. But Microsoft installed Web based software, so instead of opening up in Office 2016,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidPreston1977, Dec 1, 2020.

1. How to stop Microsoft install stuff on my Computer

I have had enough now. I have Office 2016 full version. its fine. But Microsoft installed Web based software, so instead of opening up in Office 2016, it opens up in the web based. I keep getting junk apps, I have never played Candy Crush and never will but Microsoft keep installing it. And other Apps. And now the Meet Now, which they Crashed my PC to install. I don't want it. I don't use Skype, I removed it, yet Microsoft reinstalled it. So I want to stop this Madness. How do I stop Microsoft doing this. please. I own this PC not them, I decide what apps to use. Microsoft adding and removing Programs should be stopped. How?

:)

DavidPreston1977, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Autumn20 Win User

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Dec 1, 2020
  4. How to stop Microsoft install stuff on my Computer

Stop Windows 10 upgrade install after files already dowloaded

Hi Amir,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you follow the below steps in order to stop installing Windows 10.

• Click on Start.

• Type: view installed updates

• Hit Enter

• Look through the list for the
      KB3035583 update.

• Right click it and click Uninstall.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

How to stop Microsoft install stuff on my Computer

1. How to stop Microsoft install stuff on my Computer - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft install

2. how to stop microsoft updates from damaging my computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop microsoft updates from damaging my computers: Microsoft updates are nothing but trouble . I do not need them . I do not want them . They do nothing for me . MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN MY COMPUTERS .I have automatic updates turned off EVEN ON MY WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER . TODAY I HAVE TO REFORMAT HARD DRIVE THANKS TO DAMAGE FROM...
  3. how to stop microsoft updates from damaging my computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop microsoft updates from damaging my computers: Microsoft updates are nothing but trouble . I do not need them . I do not want them . They do nothing for me . MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN MY COMPUTERS .I have automatic updates turned off EVEN ON MY WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER . TODAY I HAVE TO REFORMAT HARD DRIVE THANKS TO DAMAGE FROM...
  4. How to stop the random stuff in the window search function.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop the random stuff in the window search function.: I don't want ads for randoms stuff on my personal computer when I am attempting to look up stuff on my computer? How to I stop it? Its super annoying and tacky.Thank you ahead of time, I don't want the extra today section and I don't want any news or ads when I am on the home...
  5. How to stop the random stuff in the window search function.

How to stop the random stuff in the window search function.: I don't want ads for randoms stuff on my personal computer when I am attempting to look up stuff on my computer? How to I stop it? Its super annoying and tacky.Thank you ahead of time, I don't want the extra today section and I don't want any news or ads when I am on the home...
  6. cleaning unwanted stuff on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cleaning unwanted stuff on my computer: how do I clean up unwanted or unused files or programs? How do I check out what will be deleted or removed before its deleted or removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cleaning-unwanted-stuff-on-my-computer/fda19f7d-70c5-4fa4-95ce-dbf9e8a352b6
  7. cleaning unwanted stuff on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cleaning unwanted stuff on my computer: how do I clean up unwanted or unused files or programs? How do I check out what will be deleted or removed before its deleted or removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cleaning-unwanted-stuff-on-my-computer/fda19f7d-70c5-4fa4-95ce-dbf9e8a352b6
  8. cleaning unwanted stuff on my computer

9. How do I stop microsoft edge and chromium from installing on my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop microsoft edge and chromium from installing on my computer?: How do I stop microsoft edge and chromium from installing on my computer? Dose it several times a month, I delete them both after they have installed without my permission. Then my Chrome browser wont open.... so frustrating!...
  10. How do I get all of my stuff back if my computer resetn itself to factory? All of my stuff...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get all of my stuff back if my computer resetn itself to factory? All of my stuff...: Please help... I got onto my computer this morning and it appears to have factory reset itself. Everything I had on here is GONE. How can I get it back???...