Windows 10: How to stop Microsoft Launcher asking to be the default on my Android?

Discus and support How to stop Microsoft Launcher asking to be the default on my Android? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Started using Microsoft Launcher as a 'second profile' on y phone for all my work apps etc and bring some zen into my life. It's kind of working, bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vski, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Vski Win User

How to stop Microsoft Launcher asking to be the default on my Android?

Started using Microsoft Launcher as a 'second profile' on y phone for all my work apps etc and bring some zen into my life. It's kind of working, bar each time I use it I keep getting pop ups asking me to change it to my default.

I'm going to have to uninstall it if I can;t stop, which would be a shame as Its has some good features.

************ Moved from Other Windows mobile devices/Using Windows 10 on phone**************

:)

Vski, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Joe Men Win User

Microsoft Launcher for Android Problem

Hello
    Maria
    Ami,

Your concern about your Android phone that keeps asking you for the default launcher may have been caused by the removal of its default launcher. To resolve the issue by doing the following:

• Restart your phone.
    • If the issue persists after restarting your phone, it only means that the default launcher is needed for any other launchers to work properly. Re-installing the default launcher should resolve the issue.

If you can no longer install your phone's default launcher, please get in touch with your phone's manufacturer for assistance on how you can reset it to default.

Once your Android phone is back on its default settings, re-install the Microsoft Launcher and your other apps.

Note: You can easily restore your Microsoft Launcher settings if you have performed a back up. To back up your Microsoft Launcher settings, please do the following:

1. Launch the Microsoft Launcher settings. (Tap and hold your phone's home screen and tap on the
      Launcher Settings.)
    2. Tap Back up & Restore.
    3. Tap Back up Microsoft Launcher option.
    4. Confirm that the Back up to cloud storage option is selected.
    5. Tap the Back up button.
    6. Check the settings that you want to back up.
    7. Tap the Back up now button.

You may restore your Microsoft Launcher back up after re-installing it.

If you can no longer re-install your phone's default launcher, please get in touch with its manufacturer for assistance on how you can reset it to its factory settings.

Feel free to reply if you have other concerns.

Joe Men, Jan 7, 2019
  3. MariaAmi Win User
    Microsoft Launcher for Android Problem

Hi,

I was using microsoft launcher in my android phone for almost more than 3 months, later i changed Samsung launcher.

Now that's today i uninstalled Samsung launcher and re-activated Microsoft launcher.

Problem is as soon i click home button a pop appears asking me to choose default launcher, I selected Microsoft launcher, Post after 2 sec again its asks me do you want to choose Microsoft launcher as default & i clicked yes.

Then when i check in luancher setting its says you have not selected Microsoft as dafualt launcher.

Says, Sorry someting went wrong, please try again.

MariaAmi, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Announcing Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android, Microsoft Launcher

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Brink, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. How to stop Microsoft Launcher asking to be the default on my Android? - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft Launcher

2. Impossible to log in to Microsoft Launcher on Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to log in to Microsoft Launcher on Android: I've been using this app on my Pixel 6 for years now, and today I noticed that the app isn't logged in anymore; the toolbox page on the left of the launcher isn't populated with any data.So I attempt login in via the only account email that is listed when I press Log in,...
  3. Impossible to log in to Microsoft Launcher on Android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to log in to Microsoft Launcher on Android: I've been using this app on my Pixel 6 for years now, and today I noticed that the app isn't logged in anymore; the toolbox page on the left of the launcher isn't populated with any data.So I attempt login in via the only account email that is listed when I press Log in,...
  4. Minecraft custom launcher asking to link to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft custom launcher asking to link to my Microsoft account.: MinecraftClientLinkingRemoteconnectMicrosoftCodeA Minecraft client is asking to link my account to be able to use my Microsoft Minecraft account in their client launcher. It uses remoteconnect and specifically this link https://login.live.com/oauth20_remoteconnect.srf Is this...
  5. Minecraft custom launcher asking to link to my Microsoft account.

Minecraft custom launcher asking to link to my Microsoft account.: MinecraftClientLinkingRemoteconnectMicrosoftCodeA Minecraft client is asking to link my account to be able to use my Microsoft Minecraft account in their client launcher. It uses remoteconnect and specifically this link https://login.live.com/oauth20_remoteconnect.srf Is this...
  6. Microsoft Launcher for Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Launcher for Android: I have a new Android mobile device. Microsoft Launcher used to allow me to place a personal message in my case, my email address on the home screen. That feature does not seem to be available now. Or perhaps I cannot find it. Any tips?...
  7. Microsoft Launcher for Android

Microsoft Launcher for Android: I have a new Android mobile device. Microsoft Launcher used to allow me to place a personal message in my case, my email address on the home screen. That feature does not seem to be available now. Or perhaps I cannot find it. Any tips?...
  8. Microsoft Launcher not working on my android

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Launcher not working on my android: I have recently created a microsoft family account, I enjoy the fact that I can manage time access on PC. I installed microsoft launcher on an android in order to check out on my kid's activity. On microsoft account I can see the newly added device, but i have the...
  9. Not sure how to use Microsoft Launcher on Android

Not sure how to use Microsoft Launcher on Android: Dear friends. I have a son of 12. We use two different computers: a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 10. We have separate accounts, and his account is set as being my child. I have visited Microsoft Family Safety and gave him a specific amount of screen time and...
  10. Announcing Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android, Microsoft Launcher

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android, Microsoft Launcher: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] You’re standing in line at a coffee shop. Your right thumb is stre-t-ch-ing to drag out words on your phone’s keyboard while you squint to read the text on the web form you’re filling out. It’s amazing what’s possible...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop microsft from asking me to download a app for androde and ios

2. 29 phone keeps launching in microsoft launcher

3. microsoft launcher keeps asking to be set as default

4. microsoft launcher keeps asking to make it default on android 9,
  5. my phone keepes popping up set my default in launcher,
  6. microsoft launcher asking default android,
  7. android how to stop the default launcher,
  8. microsoft launcher keeps asking to set as default