Windows 10: How to stop Microsoft photo app from making photos in an album into a slideshow and only...

Discus and support How to stop Microsoft photo app from making photos in an album into a slideshow and only... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I stop Microsoft 10/photo app version 2021.21090.10008.0 from turning photos in an album into a slideshow? I did not create a slideshow & I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Swinemaid, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Swinemaid Win User

How to stop Microsoft photo app from making photos in an album into a slideshow and only...

How do I stop Microsoft 10/photo app version 2021.21090.10008.0 from turning photos in an album into a slideshow? I did not create a slideshow & I do not want a slideshow! I only want to view INDIVIDUAL photos. There are no click through arrows or way to stop the slideshow function.

:)

Swinemaid, Nov 26, 2021

2. photo app - How can I do a slideshow in an album? I only see the slideshow option outside of albums.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to the slide show option in the photo app?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps for the slideshow option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Photo App”

• Go to any three options “Collection”, “Albums” and “Folders”.

• Click on any “Photo” and press the key “F5” it will launch slide show.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Ben N Win User
    Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Nov 26, 2021
  4. How to stop Microsoft photo app from making photos in an album into a slideshow and only...

Photos slideshow

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable view the photos in slideshow as it repeats after few photos and need to know “How can I change this to show a continuous and non-repeating slideshow?”. We will help you to
    resolve this issue.

Please let us know,

• Where does the photos folder located?

• Did you try to change the folder location and check?

I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: If the photos folder is located on the desktop, try to create another folder and copy all the content to the newly created folder and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Step 2: Try to create new folder if different location and copy all the content to the newly created folder in different location and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

How to stop Microsoft photo app from making photos in an album into a slideshow and only...

1. How to stop Microsoft photo app from making photos in an album into a slideshow and only... - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft photo

2. Slideshow in Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow in Microsoft photos: Microsoft Photos used to allow you to create a slideshow by right clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner. I cannot find this in the current version. Do I need Photos Legacy to do this, or am I missing something?...
  3. Slideshow in Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slideshow in Microsoft photos: Microsoft Photos used to allow you to create a slideshow by right clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner. I cannot find this in the current version. Do I need Photos Legacy to do this, or am I missing something?...
  4. How to stop Microsoft photo app from making photos in an album into a slideshow and only...

How to stop Microsoft photo app from making photos in an album into a slideshow and only...: How do I stop Microsoft 10/photo app version 2021.21090.10008.0 from turning photos in an album into a slideshow? I did not create a slideshow & I do not want a slideshow! I only want to view INDIVIDUAL photos. There are no click through arrows or way to stop the slideshow...
  5. Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album

Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album: Is there a way to change a Video Editor into a photo album. We have inadvertently saved a heap of photos from various locations into the Video Editor. I can't seem to find a way to either export them or change the format from a Video Editor to a Photo Album. Any...
  6. Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App

Album of photos missing from Microsoft Photos App: An entire album of photos is missing from my Microsoft photos app. My hard drive was rebooted inadvertently. I have been able to recover all other files, but now a full album of photos is missing from the app. Where can I go to retrieve the missing 385 photos?...
  7. Disabling slideshow in photo albums Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling slideshow in photo albums Windows 10: I am trying to organise my photos into albums in Photos using Windows 10. However when I go into an album to check what photos I have, the photos are shown as a slideshow. I do not like this format and want my photos to appear permanently as tiles. How can I do this...
  8. how to stop windows from creating photo albums?

how to stop windows from creating photo albums?: Yesterday, I got a notification that windows has created a photo album for me. The thing is, I don't want windows doing that. At least on its own. If I want an album made, I'll make it. Is there a setting I can turn off?...
  9. Burning the slideshow from Microsoft Photos app

Burning the slideshow from Microsoft Photos app: I like to burn my slideshows to disk to share with family and friends. Not too keen on having all my business all over the net. So, when the slideshow is ready to be burned. Is it already in a mp4 or mvp format or is it in the old format from movie maker? Do not want to waste...
  10. Photos app albums

Photos app albums: I just want to be able to share a group of photos and short videos on my OneDrive account with family and friends. Unfortunately the Photos app wants to make a @#$% music video out of the pics and I cant find a way arround that gratuitous trash. Help?...