Windows 10: How to stop Microsoft Store from installing Spotify When I install Spotify using Desktop...

Discus and support How to stop Microsoft Store from installing Spotify When I install Spotify using Desktop... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello. For some reason, I must install Spotify by using Spotify's offline installer, but the installer detected that I have previously installed the MS... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BoscoChungYT, Aug 24, 2020.

1. How to stop Microsoft Store from installing Spotify When I install Spotify using Desktop...

Hello. For some reason, I must install Spotify by using Spotify's offline installer, but the installer detected that I have previously installed the MS Store version, so it automatically installed the MS Store version. I have already found topics form the Spotify Community, but it told me to ask for Microsoft,

Here is the Spotify Community page: EDIT: I didn't create the post below

https://community.spotify.com/t5/De...not-the-Windows-10-Store-version/td-p/4797187

Here is a capture of the 'About Spotify' box:

How to stop Microsoft Store from installing Spotify When I install Spotify using Desktop... 52fdb681-f199-4b3d-b95f-d89fc612950a?upload=true.png

Best Regards,

Bosco

:)

BoscoChungYT, Aug 24, 2020

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Cortana - Spotify problem

So when I tell Cortana to play a song on spotify she does successfully finds the songs but doesn't actually play it. She just brings up spotify without changing the song.

I found this fix:

• 1. Unlink Cortana (in her settings)
    • 2. Revoke Cortana app access (via accounts.spotify.com), and while you're logged on...
    • 3. Set up an App Password especially if you're using facebook to log in (this may not be neccessary, but I did so just to circumvent all potnetial issues).
    • 4. Uninstall Spotify

5. Install Spotify from the Windows Store (I believe the actual cause of the issue is that those of us with the problem probably installed from the Spotify Installer download, rather than
      the Windows Store).
    • 6. Launch and log in to the Spotify app with the app password you created in step three.

7. Link Cortana using the app password you created in step three.
    • 8. Restart your computer (my Cortana didn't think Spotify was installed until I did so).

9. Enjoy hands-free music browsing!

The problem with this tho is that it only works untill i shut down/restart the PC. After that I need to redo this all again in order for it to work and its really frustrating to do this everytime I open my computer.

DanLevitchi, Aug 24, 2020
  4. How to stop Microsoft Store from installing Spotify When I install Spotify using Desktop...

Spotify installation

I tried to uninstall the app, but when I went on the start list to uninstall it, it didn't appear. I tried going via the app store, but it isn't in my apps, and when I go on the actual Spotify page on the app store, it doesn't let me install or uninstall
    it. It just gives me the option to 'view', but when I click on view, it just takes me to the start list. It only happens for this app, none of the others.

AlissiaHenson, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

How to stop Microsoft Store from installing Spotify When I install Spotify using Desktop...

1. How to stop Microsoft Store from installing Spotify When I install Spotify using Desktop... - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft Store

2. Spotify fails to install when I launch the SpotifySetup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotify fails to install when I launch the SpotifySetup: I reached out to Spotify support to get help but they claim it is on the windows side of things. I downloaded the right SpotifySetup from their support team the official site. When I launched it I get a message saying "unable to download Spotify." Then after 20 seconds it...
  3. Spotify fails to install when I launch the SpotifySetup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spotify fails to install when I launch the SpotifySetup: I reached out to Spotify support to get help but they claim it is on the windows side of things. I downloaded the right SpotifySetup from their support team the official site. When I launched it I get a message saying "unable to download Spotify." Then after 20 seconds it...
  4. Spotify fails to install when I launch the SpotifySetup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Spotify automatically switches to Microsoft Store version every time I install it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spotify automatically switches to Microsoft Store version every time I install it.: I'm trying to get the desktop version of Spotify and I've tried downloading from the website, as well as from a download link that's supposed to directly download an installer for the desktop version. Without fail every single time when I open Spotify it is the Microsoft...
  6. Spotify from Windows Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spotify from Windows Store: Hey, so my brother's trying to install the desktop app version of Spotify from the official site, but every time he installs it/launches it from the site, it seems to change to the Windows Store version of Spotify. He's tried uninstalling it multiple times, and we've...
  7. spotify - downloaded from microsoft store - installed - doesnt work

spotify - downloaded from microsoft store - installed - doesnt work: spotify - downloaded from microsoft store - installed - doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-downloaded-from-microsoft-store-installed/e2d3999f-7ceb-40c3-8280-a3e1922366d9
  8. Re-install Spotify

Re-install Spotify: Hi, I uninstalled Spotify, but would now like it back on my computer. When I try to re-install the app from the Microsoft store, it keeps telling me that I already own the app and that I don't have any applicable devices linked to my Microsoft account (see attached images)....
  9. Unable to install Spotify from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install Spotify from Microsoft Store: I can't download and install the spotify in my Surface Pro 6, Windows 10. What is the problem? ***Original title: Spotify*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-spotify-from-microsoft-store/43128c7c-9c91-419f-82c2-2c29b8d2a9b7"
  10. cannot download spotify on microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cannot download spotify on microsoft store: Dear Microsoft team I can't download spotify on Microsoft store, but I can download other apps like I tune . is this the problem from spotify? regards...