Windows 10: how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting?

Discus and support how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello I've had my pc for a while now without any problems the 1st time I had this problem ended up rebooting the entire system it worked for a long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Felix Castro1, Mar 18, 2023.

1. how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting?

hello I've had my pc for a while now without any problems the 1st time I had this problem ended up rebooting the entire system it worked for a long while but I had to reinstall everything which can be a pain I've seen a few videos and tried them all still nothing its becoming very annoying to deal with I don't think its the usb mouse and keyboard because when I rebooted the pc it went away for some time I've also ran some virus protection and malware also when I restart the pc it goes away for a few seconds maybe a minute at most can it be the monitors I'm not sure I tried disconnecting the on

:)

Felix Castro1, Mar 18, 2023

2. The mouse reconnecting / disconnecting

Recently, the mouse I've been using has been being weird, I've learned to deal with it. By being weird I mean its been disconnecting and reconnecting whenever the dongle is in a certain direction. Yesterday however, the mouse started disconnecting when I
    plug it in, and reconnecting when I unplug it, I've spent a good chunk of my day trying to figure it out and I just can't. Please help.

Mouse Model: Logitech
    G403

KingsleyQuansah, Mar 18, 2023
  3. LukeG22 Win User
    Computer disconnects and reconnects monitor keyboard and mouse.

Thismorning there was a storm and during the storm my computer shut off (the power did not go off, the and nothing else plugged into the surge protector shut off either). After the storm, i powered my computer on. It powered on and booted up right away.
    However, only one of my monitors is showing anything (the other is powered on with a green light so it thinks its connected), and the monitor that is working, along with the mouse and keyboard disconnect and reconnect every few seconds. I am assuming this
    is either a motherboard or power supply issue but im not sure.

LukeG22, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Junaid_A Win User

how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting?

Disconnect and reconnect File History drive

Hi David,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To stop file history using a drive, you can try the steps listed below.

Ideally, File History will save copies of your files every hour, so disconnecting and reconnecting the backup drive every hour would be a tedious task. However, if you still would like to go for it, you may try the steps listed
    below.

• Open Settings and go to Update & Security > Backup using File History.
    • Scroll down to Backup to a different drive
      and choose Stop using the drive to disconnect the drive.
    • Later, when you would like to reconnect, go to
      Settings
      >
      Update & security>
      Backup>
      Add a drive to reconnect the drive.

Additional Info: Use File History to backup and restore
    in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting?

1. how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting? - Similar Threads - stop monitor mouse

2. my mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.: hello ive had this problem for a while now and from time to time it disconnects and reconnects and its very irritating, ive already switched mouses and on my previous mouse it was much worse then when i switched to my current mouse the issue disappeared for like 2 months and...
  3. how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting?: hello I've had my pc for a while now without any problems the 1st time I had this problem ended up rebooting the entire system it worked for a long while but I had to reinstall everything which can be a pain I've seen a few videos and tried them all still nothing its becoming...
  4. how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting?: hello I've had my pc for a while now without any problems the 1st time I had this problem ended up rebooting the entire system it worked for a long while but I had to reinstall everything which can be a pain I've seen a few videos and tried them all still nothing its becoming...
  5. my mouse disconnects and reconnects still !

my mouse disconnects and reconnects still !: While im on my desktop or im playing a video game my mouse disconnects and reconnects making the windows reconnection noise and its getting under my skin. It usually happens when i move my mouse fast or if i swing my mouse. So i decided to fix it from popular youtube videos...
  6. Mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: My mouse keeps disconnecting when I am in a game, and then sometimes it reconnects, and sometimes it doesn't. I know the mouse works because it is new and works on other devices fine, and I have had this problem before with other mouses, but it fixed itself. I have already...
  7. Computer disconnects and reconnects monitor keyboard and mouse.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer disconnects and reconnects monitor keyboard and mouse.: Thismorning there was a storm and during the storm my computer shut off the power did not go off, the and nothing else plugged into the surge protector shut off either. After the storm, i powered my computer on. It powered on and booted up right away. However, only one of my...
  8. The mouse reconnecting / disconnecting

The mouse reconnecting / disconnecting: Recently, the mouse I've been using has been being weird, I've learned to deal with it. By being weird I mean its been disconnecting and reconnecting whenever the dongle is in a certain direction. Yesterday however, the mouse started disconnecting when I plug it in, and...
  9. Monitor randomly disconnects and reconnects from a laptop

Monitor randomly disconnects and reconnects from a laptop: Hello to whom it may concern, I have a monitor that I use as my main display and I connect it to a laptop that I have. The laptop is connected to a docking station which i use a vga cable to plug into my monitor. Randomly, the monitor will disconnect and will go black, and...
  10. Mouse disconnecting and reconnecting

Mouse disconnecting and reconnecting: My Logitech G Pro keeps disconnecting from my laptop. It is annoying, and even more annoying as it won't even connect at all. I've searched for solutions and none of them ever seem to work....