Windows 10: How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

Discus and support How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't want my computer to wake from Sleep when the mouse is moved. I went to Computer Management > Device Manager > Mice > HID-compliant mouse >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by coffent, Jan 10, 2020.

1. coffent Win User

How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

I don't want my computer to wake from Sleep when the mouse is moved. I went to Computer Management > Device Manager > Mice > HID-compliant mouse > Properties > Power Management and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer". However moving the mouse still wakes the computer. How can I prevent this?

Running Windows 10 v. 1909

:)

coffent, Jan 10, 2020

2. System do not wake up by mouse movements

Window-10 1903

Under power options my settings are

Screen:

When plugged in ,turn off after 10 minutes.

Sleep:

when plugged in, PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes.

The system used to wake up with a simple mouse movement. But, now it does not ????

Device manager:

Under mouse and Key board > power management - Allow this device to wake up the computer is ticked.

Still PC do not wake up.

When I switch off the monitor and then switch it back to the on status, the mouse movements do work to wake up the PC.

This is an assembled PC, not branded

please advise.

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Jan 10, 2020
  3. Computer wakes up on mouse movement... again

At some point my personal laptop started waking up whenever I moved the mouse. This was very irritating: nudge it, or bump the desk it rests on, and the computer's disk started spinning even though the computer was closed and no external keyboard or monitor
    was attached.

A few weeks ago I decided to fix it. I looked up the procedure for turning off "wake on mouse movement" (using DevMgmt, simple but very obscure) and did it.

A few days ago the mouse started waking up the computer again. I just looked up the procedure for turning it off -- again -- and fixed it -- again.

Why does this setting keep coming unstuck? What must I do to make it stay fixed after I fix it?

Orthoducks, Jan 10, 2020
  4. tcebob Win User

Can't stop mouse from waking computer

I had already set the network driver (Nvidia) to not wake. At your suggestion, In power options I changed the Allow wake timers setting to Disable. Sorry to report, the mouse still wakes the computer. I do appreciate your help.

tcebob, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer? - Similar Threads - stop mouse movement

2. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  3. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  4. Windows no longer wakes up from mouse movement or keyboard stroke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer wakes up from mouse movement or keyboard stroke: Dell Inspiron. Running Windows 11 with the latest update.My PC no longer wakes from sleep mode when I move the mouse or strike a key on my keyboard. I am using Logitech mouse and keyboard. I have gone into device management and changed the power settings instructing windows...
  5. Windows no longer wakes up from mouse movement or keyboard stroke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows no longer wakes up from mouse movement or keyboard stroke: Dell Inspiron. Running Windows 11 with the latest update.My PC no longer wakes from sleep mode when I move the mouse or strike a key on my keyboard. I am using Logitech mouse and keyboard. I have gone into device management and changed the power settings instructing windows...
  6. Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks: I've always restarted my computer before going to bed at night. Then it goes to sleep after three hours. When I get on it in the morning, I double click the mouse, and it's up and running in a few seconds. Except today, the mouseclicks didn't wake the computer. Yesterday...
  7. Is it possible to set mouse to wake computer on click only, not on movement

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to set mouse to wake computer on click only, not on movement: Hi all I'm not sure if this is possible as I've tried in the past to achieve this. I have a Logitech G502 wireless mouse. My PC (Windows 10) is set to go to standby when unattended. I like for a keyboard press or mouse click to wake the computer which both work. However...
  8. System do not wake up by mouse movements

System do not wake up by mouse movements: Window-10 1903 Under power options my settings are Screen When plugged in ,turn off after 10 minutes. Sleep when plugged in, PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes. The system used to wake up with a simple mouse movement. But, now it does not ???? device manager: Under...
  9. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

Hibernate waking up on mouse movement: i decided to test if hibernate would startup similar to shutdown (semi recently fan is being loud after semi long use, sleep is like it not turning off at all but shutdown it stays quiet longer, seeing if it would be quiet in hibernate like shutdown) but for some reason when...
  10. Can't stop mouse from waking computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't stop mouse from waking computer: Win 10 pro 10240, logitech m705, running Setpoint. I've disabled mouse waking computer for the two mouse drivers I can find. Nevertheless, the mouse continues to wake. Could there be some other driver (like Nvidia) which needs tweaking? When I was using a usb mouse the...