Windows 10: How to stop MS auto-installing Office App

Discus and support How to stop MS auto-installing Office App in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Several times a day I get a popup of the new Office App, asking me to "sign up for free!" to MS Office. I don't want Office, I've never installed it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Spaceboyuk, Jan 14, 2021.

1. How to stop MS auto-installing Office App

Several times a day I get a popup of the new Office App, asking me to "sign up for free!" to MS Office.

I don't want Office, I've never installed it on this PC relatively new install, and I've tried uninstalling the Office App many times.

How can I stop MS from pushing their bloatware/adware to my PC ??

Note, Office is not installed - this is just the stub launcher app that appears on the Start Menu, that launches an App allowing me to sign up how generous /sarcasm.

:)

Spaceboyuk, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Can't install MS Office after removing windows.old folder

Thanks! In my search, I did not get across that one!
    Unfortunately it did not solve my problem. Most of the steps I already did one way or another. What I noticed doing them again:

• office is not in my app list, so I cannot repair or remove it
    • I removed all folders, except C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\vfs\ProgramFilesCommonX86\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16 because I could not remove vcruntime140.dll, and MSOXMLMF.DLL

MightyMauz, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Voyager Win User

How to stop MS auto-installing Office App

MS Office Apps not working after Windows 10 upgrade

After upgrading to Windows 10, MS Office Apps (e.g. Excel, Word, etc) crash.

The error message refers to excel.exe, which seems to be missing completely on my local setup.

I tried copying the excel.bak.exe file and renaming it, but get the same error. Suggestions?

Voyager, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

How to stop MS auto-installing Office App

1. How to stop MS auto-installing Office App - Similar Threads - stop auto installing

2. No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.: Opening my Windows 10 desktop on February 11, 2023, I was surprisingly unable to activate any Microsoft 365 Office app. Each of three Word, Excel, and Powerpoint had functioned without interruption for years. I de-installed Office Microsoft 365 and reinstalled using SARA....
  3. No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.: Opening my Windows 10 desktop on February 11, 2023, I was surprisingly unable to activate any Microsoft 365 Office app. Each of three Word, Excel, and Powerpoint had functioned without interruption for years. I de-installed Office Microsoft 365 and reinstalled using SARA....
  4. No MS app MS Office/365 will activate.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. MS Office Pro install

MS Office Pro install: I bought my 2016 MS Office Pro disc through my work. My desktop and laptops have all died that it was installed on. I have a new Desktop & Laptop now with Windows 11. I can put the disc into my desktop but my laptop has no disc tray. How do I install it on these new devices?...
  6. MS Office Pro install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Office Pro install: I bought my 2016 MS Office Pro disc through my work. My desktop and laptops have all died that it was installed on. I have a new Desktop & Laptop now with Windows 11. I can put the disc into my desktop but my laptop has no disc tray. How do I install it on these new devices?...
  7. MS Office Pro install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Ms office installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ms office installing: Hey there i have issues installing MS office. I just bought some samsung galaxy book s but whenever i try installing MS office does not allow me to do so. any suggestions? Thanks in advance....
  9. Installing MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing MS Office 2010: I have Office 2010 installed already on a 32 bit Windows 10 OS. I want to install it on my 64 bit OS also. When I run the install I get an error soon after entering the key: Setup cannot find Office en-us\OfficeLR.cab. Can anyone suggest why this should occur with one of...
  10. Indexing MS office files without MS office installed

Indexing MS office files without MS office installed: I need to have MS office files indexed a computer that does not have MS office installed. what tool do i need to install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-ms-office-files-without-ms-office/1d5b5dfb-3a90-48f7-8d21-535777e4fe89"