Windows 10: How to STOP MS Edge 10 from giving your personal email when you only VISIT websites?

Discus and support How to STOP MS Edge 10 from giving your personal email when you only VISIT websites? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This problem started to happen about two months ago when I noticed I started getting a HOST of 'subscriber' emails coming from websites where I only... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RonnieNwolf, Nov 20, 2018.

1. How to STOP MS Edge 10 from giving your personal email when you only VISIT websites?

This problem started to happen about two months ago when I noticed I started getting a HOST of 'subscriber' emails coming from websites where I only VISITED and did in no way communicate with or give my personal information, or subscribe to begin getting their daily email ads!

I cannot relate this to any specific MS-10 Edge downloaded updates and I did not tinker with the edge stings that allows your browsing experience to be 'shared' so you get a glut of adds which show up on your browser page. I sort of live with that aspect of MS ridiculous sharing aspect, despite not liking it.

But I DO have a huge problem of visiting random websites that can now glean my private email address, then subscribe me to their daily adds, where the only way to get rid of them is having to 'unsubscribe' to that particular website I only visited!

What ELSE are they doing with my email address I wonder?

Does any body have an answer? I contacted MS Tech support chat and they told me to hit the Default setting in Apps to try and help...It did not work and then the last time when I asked them how to stop....I mysteriously got 'disconnected' So, I assume they had no answer and don't know and keeping 'mum' as to this serious security breech in their product.

Any answers or suggestions would be most appreciated - Thanks in advance!

DP

:)

RonnieNwolf, Nov 20, 2018

2. Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser home page.
    • Click on Customize on the Home page
    • Select the particular category to watch the specific suggestion.
    Also follow the below given steps and check if that answers your query.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More action(…) on left most corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Top sites and suggested content under Open New tabs with
    • Open new tab to check if it shows the Most visited website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 20, 2018
  3. DougMarvy Win User
    Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Thanks for the time, Parth. You explain how to show the most visited sites. This I know. I've asked how to sort them, , and you do not address my question.

DougMarvy, Nov 20, 2018
  4. How to STOP MS Edge 10 from giving your personal email when you only VISIT websites?

WIN 10 Edge & Internet Sites Visits

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you to try to load the same in other browsers excluding Edge and internet Explorer?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent update?
    • Have you installed any third party security application?
    Lets try with the below steps and check if he issue resolves.

Step 1: I suggest you reset the Internet explorer
    and check if it helps.

Refer: Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Step 2: I suggest you to try deleting the browsing history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps as it stores the forms, passwords, and sites you've visited.

Refer: View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

How to STOP MS Edge 10 from giving your personal email when you only VISIT websites?

1. How to STOP MS Edge 10 from giving your personal email when you only VISIT websites? - Similar Threads - STOP Edge giving

2. Slow when visiting websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow when visiting websites: HiNo extensions why my old dell 755 takes 5 min to open a website cleared history.Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES[Original Title: slow] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-when-visiting-websites/05c45125-ee6c-4a5c-95a8-65a34a6b83bc
  3. Slow when visiting websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow when visiting websites: HiNo extensions why my old dell 755 takes 5 min to open a website cleared history.Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES[Original Title: slow] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-when-visiting-websites/05c45125-ee6c-4a5c-95a8-65a34a6b83bc
  4. Slow when visiting websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Family stopped showing websites visited.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family stopped showing websites visited.: We have been using Microsoft Family to monitor the websites that my son is on while he is doing online school. It was working great until two days ago when it stopped showing any web activity. It still shows the apps used, including Microsoft Edge for 8+ hours. His computer...
  6. Is it true you can only visit specific websites in "S" Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it true you can only visit specific websites in "S" Mode: My computer crashes repeatedly on the internet or loses connection. Other computers in household don't, so I know it is not the Wi-FI. Talked to Microsoft Office the other week and they said I can only visit Microsoft websites or ones they have deals with like YouTube and...
  7. Is it true you can only visit specific websites in "S" Mode

Is it true you can only visit specific websites in "S" Mode: My computer crashes repeatedly on the internet or loses connection. Other computers in household don't, so I know it is not the Wi-FI. Talked to Microsoft Office the other week and they said I can only visit Microsoft websites or ones they have deals with like YouTube and...
  8. Saving passwords when visiting websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Saving passwords when visiting websites: Until recently. I was able to save and store passwords necessary to access websites I visit on a regular basis. A pop-up window would appear and I would confirm my wish to save and store the password. Not only does this pop-up window no longer appear on my screen, but I now...
  9. Saving passwords when visiting websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving passwords when visiting websites: Until recently. I was able to save and store passwords necessary to access websites I visit on a regular basis. A pop-up window would appear and I would confirm my wish to save and store the password. Not only does this pop-up window no longer appear on my screen, but I now...
  10. Saving passwords when visiting websites