Windows 10: How to stop MSN from automatically launching on startup

Discus and support How to stop MSN from automatically launching on startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My default browser is Google Chrome. Running windows 10 Home. i have tried various methods found with a search and also remedies on Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Display Name_002, Aug 15, 2019.

1. How to stop MSN from automatically launching on startup

My default browser is Google Chrome. Running windows 10 Home. i have tried various methods found with a search and also remedies on Microsoft community, none of which work...

:)

Display Name_002, Aug 15, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 15, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How to stop MSN from automatically launching on startup :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Aug 15, 2019
  4. JOE1865 Win User

How to stop MSN from automatically launching on startup

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

How to stop MSN from automatically launching on startup

1. How to stop MSN from automatically launching on startup - Similar Threads - stop MSN automatically

2. How do I stop the On-Screen Keyboard from launching at startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the On-Screen Keyboard from launching at startup?: Whenever the computer starts up, even before I log in, the on-screen keyboard app pops up. I have tried disabling it in Ease of Access settings, but when I restart the computer, it pops back up again. How do I get rid of it for good?...
  3. How do I stop the On-Screen Keyboard from launching at startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the On-Screen Keyboard from launching at startup?: Whenever the computer starts up, even before I log in, the on-screen keyboard app pops up. I have tried disabling it in Ease of Access settings, but when I restart the computer, it pops back up again. How do I get rid of it for good?...
  4. How do I stop the On-Screen Keyboard from launching at startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I stop 'Sticky Notes' from automatically launching on Startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop 'Sticky Notes' from automatically launching on Startup?: I'm talking about the official Microsoft Sticky Notes app from the Microsoft Store.The reason I want to stop the 'Sticky Notes' app from instantly opening upon turning on my PC to enter my Desktop is because sometimes the 4 actual Sticky Notes that I have to the far right...
  6. How do I stop 'Sticky Notes' from automatically launching on Startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop 'Sticky Notes' from automatically launching on Startup?: I'm talking about the official Microsoft Sticky Notes app from the Microsoft Store.The reason I want to stop the 'Sticky Notes' app from instantly opening upon turning on my PC to enter my Desktop is because sometimes the 4 actual Sticky Notes that I have to the far right...
  7. MSN Home Page Launches on Startup after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSN Home Page Launches on Startup after Windows Update: Hi, I've seen several posts none newer than a few months/years old where people have had the MSN webpage pop up on startup. I am having this problem that started immediately after the 1909 update earlier this month. Behaviour: - On startup Windows will launch my default...
  8. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

in Browsers and Email
    Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup: I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed...
  9. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup: I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed...
  10. Internet browser opening automatically to MSN at startup

in Browsers and Email
    Internet browser opening automatically to MSN at startup: I've seen this thread before but it was a year old. I have Windows 10 with Mozilla Firefox. The home page is set to Google and Firefox is not in the start menu. Recently when I started my computer the browser automatically opens to the MSN home page. I have scanned my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop msn auto launching

2. stop msn form start up

3. stop msn from automatically launching

4. stop msn from autolaunching,
  5. stop msn from launching on startup