Windows 10: How to stop multiple Word documents opening when Windows 10 starts up.

Discus and support How to stop multiple Word documents opening when Windows 10 starts up. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I found the solution posted by KumaranathFernando in this thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alanjameslawrence, Mar 28, 2020.

1. How to stop multiple Word documents opening when Windows 10 starts up.

alanjameslawrence, Mar 28, 2020

2. Word opens multiple windows

When I click Word app icon, multiple document windows open automatically. I then have to close the unwanted documents by clicking x icon, it a hassle to go through this every time I open. How can I stop this?

ParkParkZZPark, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Word opening up multiple blank documents Windows 10

I am having a issue with Word opening up multiple blank documents either upon opening the app, or opening a existing file in the file explorer. We have multiple Windows 10 computers doing this. Our windows 7 computer do not have this problem. Windows updates
    are up to date.

Any ideas?

33190993-Ahmed, Mar 28, 2020
  4. How to stop multiple Word documents opening when Windows 10 starts up.

multiple documents folders keep on opening how to stop it

multiple documents folders keep on opening how to stop it its annoying at time when laptop was left idle for 1 hr Windows opened it interferes while working with multiple folders this problem started when i upgraded to windows 10

hinasharma ojha, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

How to stop multiple Word documents opening when Windows 10 starts up.

1. How to stop multiple Word documents opening when Windows 10 starts up. - Similar Threads - stop multiple Word

2. Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.: Word will bring up with error "we are sorry, but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result. Would you like to repair now?" Clicking on repair now just allows error message to go away. How do I get Word to...
  3. Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Word for windows 10 and all Word documents will not open.: Word will bring up with error "we are sorry, but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result. Would you like to repair now?" Clicking on repair now just allows error message to go away. How do I get Word to...
  4. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  5. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  6. Opening Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Word documents: Hi - As of yesterday evening I have been unable to open any documents either Word or PDF on my Lenovo ideapad laptop. Can anyone advise how to solve this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-word-documents/46f3303a-40c6-42bf-b342-3a6e5e41a494
  7. opening word documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening word documents: My laptop will not open current saved documents in word on desktop. A window opens and goes to reconfigure, then asks if I want to reboot. After reboot the same thing happens when I try to open a word document. This happens with all of word documents on desktop. However, word...
  8. how to stop a blank Word document from opening at start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to stop a blank Word document from opening at start up: how to stop a blank Word document from opening at start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-a-blank-word-document-from-opening-at/0e825627-1950-47d0-a38d-6de0d35ba5ec
  9. When I open MS Word documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I open MS Word documents: When I now open MS Word documents I find they are all encrypted. How do I get the documents to display normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/when-i-open-ms-word-documents/41b7d182-4393-4b85-a9cf-db993c031280
  10. Word document automatically loads at start up.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word document automatically loads at start up.: Thanks, that's done the trick. *Smile