Windows 10: How to stop my computer from freezing up and not starting up properly?

Discus and support How to stop my computer from freezing up and not starting up properly? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning, My computer (ASUS Windows 10 PC) is suddenly acting up (I tried to be detailed in case I needed to be): Freezes up a lot. It's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tanner90, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Tanner90 Win User

How to stop my computer from freezing up and not starting up properly?

Good morning,

My computer (ASUS Windows 10 PC) is suddenly acting up (I tried to be detailed in case I needed to be):

• Freezes up a lot. It's not the typical full-white-page type of freezing, and it's not just the browser or current program. The entire screen will just "stop" for 2-10 seconds, often a second or so after it started loading. Loading anything more than a new tab (and sometimes even just that) usually causes at least a brief freeze or "skip," for lack of a better word. Online videos like YouTube play surprisingly smoothly once the page is loaded, but Windows Media Player and the Movies & TV player are unusable. Opening File Explorer will take a while for files to load in, and when opening Windows start menu in the bottom-left corner, it'll either lock up and not appear for 10 seconds or appear but remain a full dark gray until I close it and open it again in 5-10 seconds.

• Doesn't start up/log on normally. Typically the start up consists of a brief gray screen, a black Asus logo/loading screen, another brief gray screen, and then the "Welcome" scenery screen. Start up now stops at the gray screen until I end it and start up again. I'm able to log on this way, but I receive another gray screen after the "Welcome" scenery screen until each chunk of the page (my background, the taskbar, etc.) loads in one by one.

In attempt to fix whatever the issue may be, I have done the usual of cleaning up junk/temporary files, optimizing my settings and start up, restricting needless background app permissions, disabling needless high-power processes in the Task Manager (only after consulting with these forums if it was okay), and of course scanning for viruses and keeping up with all updates available.

My CPU, memory and disc usage in the Task Manager are indeed lower now, but the issues persist.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Let me know, and thanks,

- Tanner

:)

Tanner90, Nov 3, 2019

2. computer freezes on start up

Hi,

I am trying to fix a computer and would appreciate any suggestions of help.

I start the computer, it loads, gets to the windows screen, the blue segmented line goes across a couple of times then the whole thing freezes in that spot, the blue line stops moving and that's as far as it gets.

Things I tried:
    F8 - safe mode
    - last known good configuration
    - Start Windows normally
    - (etc)
    When I tried these it just came back to the F8 screen.

Pushing 'R' didn't do anything (I was told this could make a repair) o.0 ??

Tried to boot up from an operating system disk by changing the boot up menu (delete) and this didn't work either. All it did was get to the windows screen and the blue line moved across a couple of times and it froze again in that spot.. exactly the same as when I try to start it.

I am clueless now as to how to get this computer working. Any ideas?

Kymberly_S, Nov 3, 2019
  3. computer freezing

My computer freezes for 10 seconds and goes back to normal for awhile and then just freezes with the HDD in. I booted from my Seagate, clicked on HD Tune, started error checking on the WD and it started freezing a lot so I stopped it and it kept freezing to the point where it just eventually froze for good. I think the HDD is DEAD. I'm gonna buy a HDD and PSU for it I guess.

ShadowFold, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How to stop my computer from freezing up and not starting up properly? - Similar Threads - stop computer freezing

2. How to stop the beeping and start my computer back up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop the beeping and start my computer back up: I want my computer stop beeping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-the-beeping-and-start-my-computer-back/b4f503c1-73c0-4efc-8250-89ec213cbe5e
  3. How to stop the beeping and start my computer back up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop the beeping and start my computer back up: I want my computer stop beeping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-the-beeping-and-start-my-computer-back/b4f503c1-73c0-4efc-8250-89ec213cbe5e
  4. Why is my computer freezing at the start up screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer freezing at the start up screen?: I'm a PC user meaning I don't use a laptop. When I bought Windows 10 Home for my computer I had a few issues with it like BSOD, but they eventually stopped. One day, when I was on it, I removed a speaker USB from my motherboardI didn't have a case at the time and it just shut...
  5. Why is my computer freezing at the start up screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer freezing at the start up screen?: I'm a PC user meaning I don't use a laptop. When I bought Windows 10 Home for my computer I had a few issues with it like BSOD, but they eventually stopped. One day, when I was on it, I removed a speaker USB from my motherboardI didn't have a case at the time and it just shut...
  6. Why is my computer freezing at the start up screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows not starting up properly

Windows not starting up properly: Hello, so I have an older laptop with windows 10 and almost everytime I start it up, windows just wont load- even the brand logo won't show up and I know it's not a problem with my screen, because when I press power button, it shuts down immidiately, usually I have to hold...
  8. Freezing on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Freezing on start up: My brand new laptop freezes at the screen before adding my pin code. The mouse moves around no problem but when I click it does nothing. Usually it should take me to the pin code entry option.So now I have to restart my Laptop just to get access to the pin code entry part....
  9. Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up

Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up: My computer is slow starting up and about 30 minutes later it freezes up and I have to turn it off and try to look for the problem. I've looked on HP support assistant and can't find the problem. I recently received the free McAfee antivirus but I didn't want because it was...
  10. Sound not Starting Up Properly on Boot-Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not Starting Up Properly on Boot-Up: Hello everyone, Back in late November I updated my parents' computer to Windows 10 Home October 2018 update. A few months later, my parents told me they were having a re-occurring sound issue with the system. It started with the update, but they never bothered to tell me....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer freezing up and not