Windows 10: How to stop my computer from resetting when it restarts (usually to update)/how to...

Discus and support How to stop my computer from resetting when it restarts (usually to update)/how to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anybody have any clue how I can fix this without making an entirely new profile? Something is wrong with mine and from what I know the main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FishAreHeckinCool, Nov 21, 2020.

1. How to stop my computer from resetting when it restarts (usually to update)/how to...

Does anybody have any clue how I can fix this without making an entirely new profile? Something is wrong with mine and from what I know the main problems seem to be that my computer considers me as a special profile because it thinks that I am one of the TEMP.LAPTOP profiles that was made during the last update. My profile picture, which was normally just the default one, to one that looks like the default but the "person" is now grey with a white background. I have no idea what the actual problem is or how to fix it, and I have some important files that I really don't want to lose that I will lose if my computer updates.

submitted by /u/FishAreHeckinCool
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FishAreHeckinCool, Nov 21, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Nov 21, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Keep getting blue screen on restart & shut down

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is likely to be caused by a driver and is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses. Stop error codes may be fixed by updating Windows. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are
    updates waiting to be installed on your device. If there are, kindly install these updates and restart your computer. After restarting your computer, see if it still shows the stop error code when restarting or shutting down your computer. Here's how to check
    for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type Windows Update, and select it from the search results.
    • On the Windows Update page, click Check for updates.

If the issue is not resolved, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Nov 21, 2020
  4. How to stop my computer from resetting when it restarts (usually to update)/how to...

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

How to stop my computer from resetting when it restarts (usually to update)/how to...

1. How to stop my computer from resetting when it restarts (usually to update)/how to... - Similar Threads - stop computer resetting

2. How do I stop my computer from resetting everything when I restart it or turn on back on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop my computer from resetting everything when I restart it or turn on back on?: Everytime my computer restarts or I turn it back on after it shuts off, it wipes almost everything. It wipes my wallpaper, desktop, signs me out of everything like discord, steam, OneDrive and it takes 5+ minutes to log in every time. This started happening randomly and...
  3. How do I stop my computer from resetting everything when I restart it or turn on back on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my computer from resetting everything when I restart it or turn on back on?: Everytime my computer restarts or I turn it back on after it shuts off, it wipes almost everything. It wipes my wallpaper, desktop, signs me out of everything like discord, steam, OneDrive and it takes 5+ minutes to log in every time. This started happening randomly and...
  4. How to stop my laptop from restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop my laptop from restarting: Hii there, I installed an application "advanced driver updater" and updated 2-3 drivers, after which my laptop Windows 10 Pro is restarting from its own again and again by saying the following"Your device ran into a problem and need to restart and then we'll restart for you"I...
  5. How to stop my laptop from restarting

How to stop my laptop from restarting: Hii there, I installed an application "advanced driver updater" and updated 2-3 drivers, after which my laptop Windows 10 Pro is restarting from its own again and again by saying the following"Your device ran into a problem and need to restart and then we'll restart for you"I...
  6. How to stop my laptop from restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to stop my computer from infinitely restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop my computer from infinitely restarting: I had an issue with a game where it loaded and froze my computer i couldn't ctrl alt del out of it so i turned my computer off, restarted just fine, i then went to verify the integrity of my game files, this then cause my computer to crash and it has been stuck in an infinite...
  8. How to stop my computer from infinitely restarting

How to stop my computer from infinitely restarting: I had an issue with a game where it loaded and froze my computer i couldn't ctrl alt del out of it so i turned my computer off, restarted just fine, i then went to verify the integrity of my game files, this then cause my computer to crash and it has been stuck in an infinite...
  9. How to stop my computer from infinitely restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. how to stop my computer from restarting when it dies

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop my computer from restarting when it dies: Hi Microsoft, I have a HP 255 G7 Notebook PC and Windows 10 I installed on it. Every time my laptop dies and I changed it Windows 10 restart itself. There's got to be a way to stop it from doing that right?...