Windows 10: how to stop my desktop and laptop from syncing?

Discus and support how to stop my desktop and laptop from syncing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have always had a laptop and desktop with the same 'windows' sign in, using windows 10 home. I have since replaced the desktop with a refurbished... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonBME, Jan 24, 2020.

1. DonBME Win User

how to stop my desktop and laptop from syncing?

I have always had a laptop and desktop with the same 'windows' sign in, using windows 10 home. I have since replaced the desktop with a refurbished windows 10 computer and now I cannot figure out how stop them from syncing. Whatever I put on or take something off of the desktop, it affects both computers. Same with windows explorer...when I signed in on the refurbished desktop...all the files and folders from the laptop carried over. I have gone through info in settings and display info and everything and have turned off everything about sharing and syncing.

Any thoughts or help on this????

Thank you

:)

DonBME, Jan 24, 2020
  2. flmatter Win User

Laptop Refresh rate

https://www.g-sync.com/ scroll about half way down the page and they list some of the g sync laptops.

Acer Predator, Asus ROG, Msi all have g sync options as well Amazon search g sync laptops to see the list

flmatter, Jan 24, 2020
  3. OneNote "Sync Conflicts"

Hi Tom,

Sync conflicts error shown in OneNote can be resolved by using OneNote desktop client. To stop seeing this error, can you follow the below steps:

• Open the page which is having conflicts in OneNote desktop client or in Internet explorer
    • Open the page in which this error is shown
    • On the top of the page there will be a text bar shown. Pressing on the text bar will show conflicting pages for this page.
    • Delete the conflicting page by selecting the page and right clicking on it.
    • Sync the changes from desktop to server
    • After the above steps, open the page in Mobile and tap on "refresh" to get the changes made on the server.
    After step 6 is done, sync conflicting error message should be stopped from prompting.

Hope this helps!

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. how to stop my desktop and laptop from syncing? - Similar Threads - stop desktop laptop

2. How Do I stop My desktop from syncing across devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I stop My desktop from syncing across devices?: I currently have two devices, a desktop I use for gaming and a laptop I use when traveling. I'd like to not have my gaming shortcuts show up on the desktop of my laptop. I went to Settings > Account > Sync Your Settings turned the "Sync Settings" option off. However, when I...
  3. How Do I stop My desktop from syncing across devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I stop My desktop from syncing across devices?: I currently have two devices, a desktop I use for gaming and a laptop I use when traveling. I'd like to not have my gaming shortcuts show up on the desktop of my laptop. I went to Settings > Account > Sync Your Settings turned the "Sync Settings" option off. However, when I...
  4. How Do I stop My desktop from syncing across devices?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents/Desktop folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all...
  6. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents/Desktop folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all...
  7. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?: I have a personal computer I use for video games and a Laptop for school but sometimes shortcuts on my personal computer show on the laptop and vice versa. It is not only is just annoying in general I feel awkward having games openly shown when at school. I tried deleting the...
  9. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?: I have a personal computer I use for video games and a Laptop for school but sometimes shortcuts on my personal computer show on the laptop and vice versa. It is not only is just annoying in general I feel awkward having games openly shown when at school. I tried deleting the...
  10. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?