Windows 10: How to stop my file directories from being attached to onedrive?

Discus and support How to stop my file directories from being attached to onedrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just uninstalled onedrive and moved all my files from the onedrive desktop/documents all over to the user/me/desktop and documents. When i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AevinJais1, Jan 12, 2021.

1. How to stop my file directories from being attached to onedrive?

I have just uninstalled onedrive and moved all my files from the onedrive desktop/documents all over to the user/me/desktop and documents. When i pressed on restore file location on the desktop folder under the my PC headingthis folder currently takes me to the onedrive counterpart in windows explorer, i get the access denied error. I no longer want my file directories to be associated with onedrive. How can i make it so that when i open windows explorer and press desktop under the MY PC tab, it'll open the desktop folder with directory user/me/dekstop and not /user/onedrive/me/......?

:)

AevinJais1, Jan 12, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Rdowellco Win User
    Silverlight blocking Onedrive files for attachments

No error,

I just cannot access Onedrive files for attachments when Silverlight is installed.

No changes. This is a new computer. I installed Silverlight first time when prompted while attaching a file. As soon as it was installed I was unable to see Onedrive files in the attachment process. I uninstalled Silverlight and the Onedrive files were accessible
    again. Everytime Silverlight reinstalls during an update I have to uninstall to get to my Onedrive files for attachments.

Rdowellco, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

How to stop my file directories from being attached to onedrive?

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

How to stop my file directories from being attached to onedrive?

1. How to stop my file directories from being attached to onedrive? - Similar Threads - stop file directories

2. I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder: I need to have a particular game's files saved to My Documents for it to work, but every time I install it, it gets saved to OneDrive/Documents./My Games. I uninstalled OneDrive, but that didn't help, so the files are still saved there.Is there something I have to disable or...
  3. I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder: I need to have a particular game's files saved to My Documents for it to work, but every time I install it, it gets saved to OneDrive/Documents./My Games. I uninstalled OneDrive, but that didn't help, so the files are still saved there.Is there something I have to disable or...
  4. How to stop my downloaded files from being auto encrypted?

How to stop my downloaded files from being auto encrypted?: All the files I download irrespective of drive/folder it is downloaded in is automatically encrypted has the padlock. How do I prevent this and only encrypt files when I manually tick in properties, e.g "Encrypt contents to secure data". I am aware I can remove the padlock...
  5. How to stop a folder on my PC from being synched to OneDrive

How to stop a folder on my PC from being synched to OneDrive: I have an App folder in my Documents folder. It contains a lot of information that I DO NOT WANT SENT to Onedrive. I want to stop it from synching to Onedrive.I am NOT trying to Unsync folders from OneDrive, so they do not show on my PC. That is done by going to OneDrive...
  6. How to stop a folder on my PC from being synched to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop a folder on my PC from being synched to OneDrive: I have an App folder in my Documents folder. It contains a lot of information that I DO NOT WANT SENT to Onedrive. I want to stop it from synching to Onedrive.I am NOT trying to Unsync folders from OneDrive, so they do not show on my PC. That is done by going to OneDrive...
  7. How to stop a folder on my PC from being synched to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. OneDrive is being weird Or how to stop using it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneDrive is being weird Or how to stop using it: Hey guys,since i've never really used cloud services to store my data I just accepted OneDrive storing my data online What's the matter, can't hurt. However today I received a 5GB warning, that the OneDrive storage is full. I didn't want to receive this warning every startup...
  9. How to stop Windows from treating the OneDrive directory as a separate physical drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop Windows from treating the OneDrive directory as a separate physical drive?: For some reason Windows treats the OneDrive folder as a separate physical drive, so if you try to move files from the OneDrive folder to another location on the same drive (and these files are un-synced, as I will explain below,) it acts like you need additional free space to...
  10. How Do I Stop Attachments Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Stop Attachments Folder from Reappearing in OneDrive?: How do I stop the Attachments folder from reappearing in OneDrive? 123805