Windows 10: How to stop my kid from using the weather and news taskbar widget

Discus and support How to stop my kid from using the weather and news taskbar widget in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In a recent update to Windows, a new widget was added to the taskbar that shows the weather and news articles. My kids use their computers to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DVincentWest, Jul 23, 2021.

1. How to stop my kid from using the weather and news taskbar widget

In a recent update to Windows, a new widget was added to the taskbar that shows the weather and news articles. My kids use their computers to get schoolwork done. However it has been a constant battle to remove an almost innumerable number of distractions that wind up killing huge amounts of time for them. I finally had things configured pretty well, and then all of a sudden my son is back killing huge amounts of time perusing news articles that are right in front of him on the taskbar. Sure I can disable it, but he's a bright kid and figured out how to renable it. Not that hard.I need to

:)

DVincentWest, Jul 23, 2021
  2. usan14 Win User

Foreca Weather Widget

Yeah I know this How to stop my kid from using the weather and news taskbar widget :) obviously I have to add widget not shortcut but I can not see Foreca Weather in the widget list, it just shown in the shortcuts list.

usan14, Jul 23, 2021
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    KB5000626 Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301.1010 Feb. 1 Insider

Windows 10’s taskbar is getting a big update with new weather and news widget - The Verge
    To disable the taskbar news widget, use these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar on Windows 10.
    • Select the News and interests menu and choose the Hidden option. Disable taskbar News and Interests.
    • (Optional) Select the Show icon only option if you want to keep the widget using less space in the taskbar.
    I don't know if it works

It works

thomaseg1, Jul 23, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

How to stop my kid from using the weather and news taskbar widget

KB5000626 Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301.1010 Feb. 1 Insider

Hi there

After a reboot it's gone --

Thanks !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

How to stop my kid from using the weather and news taskbar widget

1. How to stop my kid from using the weather and news taskbar widget - Similar Threads - stop kid using

2. Weather Widget on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather Widget on Taskbar: The Widget has been showing the current temperature up until now. Suddenly, it shows the maximum temp only. Couldn't find any settings to readjust the setting. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.Window Ver 22H2, build 19045.3208...
  3. Weather Widget on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather Widget on Taskbar: The Widget has been showing the current temperature up until now. Suddenly, it shows the maximum temp only. Couldn't find any settings to readjust the setting. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.Window Ver 22H2, build 19045.3208...
  4. Weather Widget on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How To Remove News From Weather Widget?

How To Remove News From Weather Widget?: How do I remove all the weird suspicious "news" articles most of them scams, spams, or otherwise untrustworthy from the weather button on the taskbar? I only want to see the weather, I don't want to be advertised to on my desktop. I've been hiding all the sources I can, but...
  6. How To Remove News From Weather Widget?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove News From Weather Widget?: How do I remove all the weird suspicious "news" articles most of them scams, spams, or otherwise untrustworthy from the weather button on the taskbar? I only want to see the weather, I don't want to be advertised to on my desktop. I've been hiding all the sources I can, but...
  7. How To Remove News From Weather Widget?

8. Button to disable the news/weather widget in my taskbar not showing up.

Button to disable the news/weather widget in my taskbar not showing up.: I just reset my pc that is running Windows 10 home. I want to clean up my taskbar and remove all the icons I don't need but for some reason I can't for the news and weather widget.The button that everyone talks about on the internet is not there.Anyone got an idea how to fix...
  9. News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon

News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon: Title, it used to show the current weather and temperature but lately it just shows a newspaper icon instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-weather-widget-on-taskbar-not-showing/8b3b302d-dc26-4cd9-a8da-d24a7deb6aa7
  10. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...