Windows 10: How to stop my pc from Crashing when playing Games because I deleted my Prefetch data

Discus and support How to stop my pc from Crashing when playing Games because I deleted my Prefetch data in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, So 2-3 Days ago, I deleted my prefetch data, Which was my first time and I didnt know it would just slow down your pc performance, which was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Roku420, May 25, 2022.

1. Roku420 Win User

How to stop my pc from Crashing when playing Games because I deleted my Prefetch data

Hello, So 2-3 Days ago, I deleted my prefetch data, Which was my first time and I didnt know it would just slow down your pc performance, which was a bummer because people said it can delete alot of storage. Everything was going fine but when I try to play a few games like Roblox, It would crash, For a few seconds its all going good but then after a few mins it would crash, This would also happen in my favorite game called Bloons TD 6, I even had to reinstall it because I thought it was bugged and lost a few of my newer data. How to fix this? Thanks.

:)

Roku420, May 25, 2022

2. Computer crashes while playing games

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that how frustrating it can be when the PC crashes while playing games. I certainly appreciate your efforts taken towards resolving the issue.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. What happens when you try to run a game?
    4. Does the PC crashes only while playing games?
    5. Do you receive any stop code or error message when the PC crashes?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

In addition, you can check if Windows is up to date. Refer the article
    Keep your PC up to date
    and see if that helps.

If you receive a Blue Screen error, please share the dump files with us in order to assist you further. I have sent a private message to you, please share the dump files through the message.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 25, 2022
  3. JimmyVR Win User
    Cannot delete .mkd file in prefetch

Hi Antony and thank you for the support.

If you have read my first post in this thread, you will notice that I had already performed a clean boot and a safe boot.

Nevertheless, I tried the clean boot option again.

I couldn't delete the .mkd file in prefetch.

I proceeded to stop all the services I mentioned in my first post of this thread - the services which are using this .mkd file.

After stopping them all until the last one, superfetch, I was able to delete the file. And so I did.

Then, upon starting these services, the file reappeared in prefetch.

You stated that third party software was causing this file to remain undeletable.

If this was the case, then I should have been able to delete it when I performed a clean boot.

Is it normal to have files in prefetch that cannot be deleted or modified? Or, again I ask you, is it a symptom of a hacked PC?

Thanks!

JimmyVR, May 25, 2022
  4. How to stop my pc from Crashing when playing Games because I deleted my Prefetch data

Pc keeps crashing while playing games

Hi,

Having incomplete Windows update is one of the possible reasons why your pc games keeps crashing when playing after you reinstalled the Windows 10. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may click the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Download all the critical updates for Windows 10. Kindly refer to the link below and follow the step provided on the link.

Windows 10 Update Assistant

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, May 25, 2022
Thema:

How to stop my pc from Crashing when playing Games because I deleted my Prefetch data

1. How to stop my pc from Crashing when playing Games because I deleted my Prefetch data - Similar Threads - stop Crashing playing

2. My PC crashes and restarts when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC crashes and restarts when playing games.: I have acquired a dmp file, shown below. Please help!Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\042623-10875-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack...
  3. My Pc Crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Pc Crashing when playing games: ** PC Fully Crashes****Windows 10****Graphics Card gets quite hot****Photos Linked below Of What happens****I play 2-3 or 6-7 Min before crashing****The blue ring on the top is off and have to Switch my PC Off and on to turn it back on**Any help please...
  4. My Pc Crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc Crashing when playing games: ** PC Fully Crashes****Windows 10****Graphics Card gets quite hot****Photos Linked below Of What happens****I play 2-3 or 6-7 Min before crashing****The blue ring on the top is off and have to Switch my PC Off and on to turn it back on**Any help please...
  5. My Pc Crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My pc crashes when i play some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc crashes when i play some games: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80043429d13, 0xffffd2877d766fd8, 0xffffd2877d7667f0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112522-11203-01.dmp. Report Id: a87c420b-5186-4f1d-a257-e1cce8a59a0b...
  7. My pc crashes when i play some games

My pc crashes when i play some games: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80043429d13, 0xffffd2877d766fd8, 0xffffd2877d7667f0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112522-11203-01.dmp. Report Id: a87c420b-5186-4f1d-a257-e1cce8a59a0b...
  8. How to stop my pc from Crashing when playing Games because I deleted my Prefetch data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop my pc from Crashing when playing Games because I deleted my Prefetch data: Hello, So 2-3 Days ago, I deleted my prefetch data, Which was my first time and I didnt know it would just slow down your pc performance, which was a bummer because people said it can delete alot of storage. Everything was going fine but when I try to play a few games like...
  9. How to stop my pc from Crashing when playing Games because I deleted my Prefetch data

How to stop my pc from Crashing when playing Games because I deleted my Prefetch data: Hello, So 2-3 Days ago, I deleted my prefetch data, Which was my first time and I didnt know it would just slow down your pc performance, which was a bummer because people said it can delete alot of storage. Everything was going fine but when I try to play a few games like...
  10. My PC crashes when I play a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC crashes when I play a game: Since i've made the last Windows 10 adapt, when I play a game Rainbow six siege my PC crashes a few minutes later about ten minutes later. But when it crashes, it does not realy crash, suddenly I hear a weird scrambled sound and my screen is totaly frozen. I can not do...