Windows 10: How to stop One drive from syncing all of my docs and pics from my file folders?

Discus and support How to stop One drive from syncing all of my docs and pics from my file folders? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have spent hours trying to fix this. I uploaded a bunch of pictures and document from my old laptop to new windows 10 laptop to the regular pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SandyB5, Nov 26, 2019.

1. SandyB5 Win User

How to stop One drive from syncing all of my docs and pics from my file folders?

I have spent hours trying to fix this.

I uploaded a bunch of pictures and document from my old laptop to new windows 10 laptop to the regular pictures and documents folding under my PC. Then I see they all auto copied to the one drive pics and docs folder. I go to delete them from the one drive, and it deleted pics and docs from ALL folders on comupter.

Everytime I try to stop the folders from syncing under backup by unselecting them, I see they are highlighted again without me choosing them to be.

I do not have some "autosave" option to click on and choose settings like a lot of sites tell you to do.

I want my one drive and the folders all there and usable for when I manually want something added to them, so I don't want them unistalled or disabled, just no more autosaving all my pics and docs to OneDrive. PLEASE help!!

:)

SandyB5, Nov 26, 2019
  2. DJ Steve Win User

Saving files to default Pic, Vid and Docs Problem

Hi Guys I seem to have a problem trying to save file to my default Docs, vid and Pics folder on my C drive. I have attached a pic of what it says.

I have changed the permissions to let me do this or am I looking in the wrong place? If I save the files to the desktop however and then move to the relevant folder it works fine *Confused

Can anybody please help?

TIA

How to stop One drive from syncing all of my docs and pics from my file folders? [​IMG]

How to stop One drive from syncing all of my docs and pics from my file folders? [​IMG]

DJ Steve, Nov 26, 2019
  3. MIKE A Win User
    Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.

Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 yesterday [free update]. Checked my Docs containing my phot folders. Last one being Plant Pathology. Folder is missing. It's taken me months building this folder.
    In the Start area, I recognized one of the missing pics, displayed as a tile. Did something that removed the tile and listed, 'photos' in the margin. Clicking on this, the screen opens up showing my lost pictures but in reverse order. Also a vast number of other pictures that are saved in My Docs, but individual folders.

HELP PLEASE. Can I take whatever steps to restore my folders to My Doc's and at the same time prevent windows from ever again making collections.
    Many thanks.
    Mike.

MIKE A, Nov 26, 2019
  4. How to stop One drive from syncing all of my docs and pics from my file folders?

My data folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc) are on DRIVE E: not Drive C:

I THINK the programs are looking in the wrong place.

All my Programs are stored on Drive C:

Drive D: is my Recovery Image

Drive E: is where all my Data files were stored (Documents-Pictures-Videos, etc).

Drive F: has: Clipart-Document Themes 14-Media-MSOCache-Office 14 - Stationery - and Templates.

Hewlett Packard set my computer system up.

Before I did what you suggested above about MOVING files - I had only one listing for Drive EHow to stop One drive from syncing all of my docs and pics from my file folders? :(DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pics-Video-Music). Now Drive E: shows up listed under THIS PC as E:\ (and it contains ALL my data - docs-Pics-Video-Music)). All these data
    folders also show up listed under THIS PC in the DOCUMENT folder; AND, all the datat folders also show up in DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pixs-Music-Video!!!! Whatever happened when I moved the files caused them to appear in several places!

I don't think the programs know where to find anything!!!! DUD!

I also have 4 external Western Digital hard drives (but I don't have all of them plugged in simultaneously). My problem with the external hard drives is that now Windows does recognize my 6 TB one - I know it is working because the little light is on and
    blinking....the drive just does not show up in File Explorer.

Do you have any suggestions?

PattiCampbell, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

How to stop One drive from syncing all of my docs and pics from my file folders?

1. How to stop One drive from syncing all of my docs and pics from my file folders? - Similar Threads - stop drive syncing

2. How to stop my Desktop folders and files from automatic back up and syncing to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop my Desktop folders and files from automatic back up and syncing to One Drive.: Onedrive is very confusing with how it interfaces with my Desktop content. I don't want my Desktop folders and files to be automatically backed up and synced to One Drive. Rather I want to use File Explorer to manually move and copy specific content from Desktop to the...
  3. How to stop my Desktop folders and files from automatic back up and syncing to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop my Desktop folders and files from automatic back up and syncing to One Drive.: Onedrive is very confusing with how it interfaces with my Desktop content. I don't want my Desktop folders and files to be automatically backed up and synced to One Drive. Rather I want to use File Explorer to manually move and copy specific content from Desktop to the...
  4. how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC

how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC: Hello there,want to stop 1drive from uploading all files on my computer and only upload certain files, have tried selecting only the files i want to save to 1drive, but when i do all others files disappear. i then have to go back in and click all files and restart computer to...
  5. how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC: Hello there,want to stop 1drive from uploading all files on my computer and only upload certain files, have tried selecting only the files i want to save to 1drive, but when i do all others files disappear. i then have to go back in and click all files and restart computer to...
  6. how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Stop One Drive from syncing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop One Drive from syncing files: Please help me. I want to stop all sorts of automatic backing up my files to One Drive. But if I stop backing up or unlink the pc, my "Desktop" , "Documents" , & "Pictures" folder also goes away from my file explorer and only stays in the in the C:\Users\$USERNAME\One Drive...
  8. Stop One Drive from syncing files

Stop One Drive from syncing files: Please help me. I want to stop all sorts of automatic backing up my files to One Drive. But if I stop backing up or unlink the pc, my "Desktop" , "Documents" , & "Pictures" folder also goes away from my file explorer and only stays in the in the C:\Users\$USERNAME\One Drive...
  9. How to stop One Drive from synching specific folder on my desktop?

How to stop One Drive from synching specific folder on my desktop?: It's as the title says. I have a bunch of folders on my desktop, and I don't want some of them to sync across all my devices. Which is I don't want to upload specific folders to the cloud, I just want to leave these folders on that specific device.How would I achieve that?I...
  10. Microsoft One Drive will not open docs/pics on my Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft One Drive will not open docs/pics on my Toshiba laptop: Microsoft One Drive will not open docs/pics on my Toshiba laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-one-drive-will-not-open-docspics-on-my/37e6a650-981c-48a9-b89c-fe1f08c8b248

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i want to delete from comupter but not from one drive