Windows 10: How to stop one window preview on hover ?

Discus and support How to stop one window preview on hover ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got a new laptop with windows 10 pro. the problem is when i go to go over a window it would do a preview on the hovered window and make all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by honmarus, May 27, 2019.

1. honmarus Win User

How to stop one window preview on hover ?

I got a new laptop with windows 10 pro.

the problem is when i go to go over a window it would do a preview on the hovered window and make all the other windows transparent/hidden and focus it on the hovered one. (when i click on the window it would bring all the windows back/visible but the selected one come to the front)

i hope that explained it well.

please help me its very annoying.

:)

honmarus, May 27, 2019
  2. Vwake123 Win User

No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking

When there is no window opened, hovering over taskbar app icons, a preview is shown, but on hovering over preview no full window is opened, and no peeking is done, and also clicking on that small preview, no window opened.

1. And whenever there is a window is opened then hovering over taskbar icons doesn't gives any preview of the window.
    2. But it still opens window, on just clicking on task bar icons ( i.e. working fine ).

And when two windows of any app is being opened and if minimized any of them then you can not maximise that minimized window...???

• And when both windows of same app is being minimized then hovering over task bar icon of that app still shows those two previews, but clicking on any preview doesn't provide anything, and thus it all means after minimizing those two window of that app you
      can not recover any of the window.
    Basically the problem is I'm not able to open window ( or make full ) from any task bar preview and the First (1.) one also of first paragraph.

Vwake123, May 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview (Taskbar Hover preview)

Hello Daiyue,

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local administrator user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted if it helps the Task bar hover preview work on the new user account. This would help us to ascertain if the issue is user account specific.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 27, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites

Hi albertschmaedick,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, could you please provide me some more information, so that I can assist you better.

1. Does this happen when you’re accessing the website or it happens with all the Windows?
    2. Do you use Touchpad mouse or Regular mouse on your PC?

However, I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Click on Windows key +
      R button and type Control panel
    2. Click on Ease of Access
    3. Then click on Activate Windows by hovering over it with the mouse
    4. Then click Apply and
      OK.
    We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to stop one window preview on hover ? - Similar Threads - stop window preview

2. How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?: Hi,This is driving bothering me for quite some time and I believe it's something new with Windows 11 that I never had to deal with on Windows 10. If my mouse hovers over an audio file it tries to automatically play the file before I even click it. Does anyone know how to turn...
  3. How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?: Hi,This is driving bothering me for quite some time and I believe it's something new with Windows 11 that I never had to deal with on Windows 10. If my mouse hovers over an audio file it tries to automatically play the file before I even click it. Does anyone know how to turn...
  4. How to disable/turn off taskbar hover preview

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable/turn off taskbar hover preview: Can anyone help me figure out how to disablethe hover preview for taskbar apps in the latest updated windows 10? I tried via gpedit.msc but it is telling that gpedit.msc doesn't exist on my comp? thanks submitted by /u/SmychkaMayakovsky16 [link] [comments]...
  5. Image Preview Hover not working?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image Preview Hover not working?: Hello, I am trying to set up a quick and accessible folder that also shows large previews of the images inside. At the moment I currently have to click on each image to load them up which is time consuming and a bit annoying. Is there a way I can do this? [ATTACH]...
  6. How to stop image hover enlargement?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop image hover enlargement?: Hey Guys, I have a weird question in any browser if ii put my cursor on any website it enlarges the photo even without clicking it. It does not open a new tab or change the page but only puts up the image like it is using magnifier. Magnifier is off and I have no other...
  7. Disable media preview on hover

Disable media preview on hover: When in file explorer, hovering over a media file will display/play the file in a preview box. I'd preferably like to keep the pop-up for image files and disable it for audio/video, but I'll happily disable both if there is no other way. submitted by /u/LookMa_NoAccount...
  8. File Hover Preview - how?

File Hover Preview - how?: Hello! After updating to windows 10, I am unable to hover over a file (such as a PDF) within a folder to see a preview of what it is. I’ve looked online and can only find how to enable the preview for the tool bar. Can someone please suggest how to get this feature back?...
  9. How to stop selection by hovering

How to stop selection by hovering: how do you stop selection by just hovering and only select by clicking on touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-selection-by-hovering/02128c90-b937-4551-a860-1cd1fd8afc72
  10. How to stop previews when hovering over a taskbar button?

How to stop previews when hovering over a taskbar button?: . After last night's Win update, I now have version 1803. This has broken my Taskbar Tweaker. Therefore, when I hover the mouse over a button, there's now a popup preview. How can I stop the preview? Thanks. 110514