Windows 10: How to stop OneDrive from automatically downloading photos to Picasa

Discus and support How to stop OneDrive from automatically downloading photos to Picasa in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every day when I bring up the Picasa home page it automatically starts to download photos from OneDrive. I now have 45,000+ photo duplicates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlieChanFan, Feb 11, 2020.

1. How to stop OneDrive from automatically downloading photos to Picasa

Every day when I bring up the Picasa home page it automatically starts to download photos from OneDrive. I now have 45,000+ photo duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates, etc. etc. of unwanted photos. How can I put a stop to this daily problem? Thank you!

:)

CharlieChanFan, Feb 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 11, 2020
  3. how to restore photos in picasa deleted by mistake

Hello Jim,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you delete the photos from the PC?

• Did you check if the photos are present in File Explorer?

If any files, folders, documents are deleted accidently from the PC,
    Recycle bin
    holds them if the size of the deleted items are containable. Check if the photos folder is present in
    Recycle bin.

Step 1: Check if the files and folders are present in your PC using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type the file or folder name in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file or folder path of the program and check if it is the file you are looking for.

Step 2: If you are unable to view the pictures using Picasa application, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open Windows File Explorer by pressing
      Windows key + E keys on the keyboard.

• Open the file or folder where pictures are located.

• Right click on a picture and hover your mouse over to
      Open with option.

• Select Picasa from the option and check if you are able the view the pictures in
      Picasa photo viewer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact the application manufacturer for further assistance.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 11, 2020
  4. How to stop OneDrive from automatically downloading photos to Picasa

How do I stop picasa from searching for photos.

Original Title - stop picasa from searching for photos

How do I stop picasa from searching for photos

WilliamBoycePP, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

How to stop OneDrive from automatically downloading photos to Picasa

1. How to stop OneDrive from automatically downloading photos to Picasa - Similar Threads - stop OneDrive automatically

2. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app: Every time I download a picture from Chrome, the Microsoft photos app immediately opens it straight after and it's annoying. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app: Every time I download a picture from Chrome, the Microsoft photos app immediately opens it straight after and it's annoying. How do I turn this off?...
  4. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 error: photos are automatically downloading from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 error: photos are automatically downloading from OneDrive: All of a sudden, all of my photos on OneDrive are automatically being downloaded to my computer. I have not changed any settings. What's causing this, and how can I stop it?...
  6. Windows 11 error: photos are automatically downloading from OneDrive

Windows 11 error: photos are automatically downloading from OneDrive: All of a sudden, all of my photos on OneDrive are automatically being downloaded to my computer. I have not changed any settings. What's causing this, and how can I stop it?...
  7. photos app automatically downloading from onedrive

photos app automatically downloading from onedrive: I have Windows 10 and am storing all my photos in the cloud on Onedrive. I don't want them on my hard drive. Periodically, the photos app starts downloading them from Onedrive without me initiating it. I've tried cancelling the download and blocking the app, but it just...
  8. Cannot stop onedrive from automatically backing up photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot stop onedrive from automatically backing up photos: I am trying to change the location of my photos folder to my external drive. Within the one drive settings, I have gone into backup and made sure that the photos folder is not selected. However, this appears to not make a difference, when I go back onto backup it is selected....
  9. Picasa and Microsoft PHotos

Picasa and Microsoft PHotos: How do I up load my Picasa picture folders on my PC? If I can will they show the folder names etc as in Picasa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/picasa-and-microsoft-photos/0fa01e88-2e30-415f-a104-10ca9cf81a07
  10. Microsoft Photos and Picasa

Microsoft Photos and Picasa: Can I upload my Picasa folders to photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/microsoft-photos-and-picasa/ab1cfaa9-d8ab-4216-9e44-135728f59ef9