Windows 10: How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

Discus and support How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a personal computer I use for video games and a Laptop for school but sometimes shortcuts on my personal computer show on the laptop and vice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maxwalker_, May 5, 2022.

1. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

I have a personal computer I use for video games and a Laptop for school but sometimes shortcuts on my personal computer show on the laptop and vice versa. It is not only is just annoying in general I feel awkward having games openly shown when at school. I tried deleting the shortcuts off my Laptop but it removes them from my personal computer.I have tried turning off sync on OneDrive but it turns back on next time I boot up either computer.

:)

Maxwalker_, May 5, 2022
  2. Taffy078 Win User

OneDrive syncing and I can't stop it

Hi Brink - I recently renewed my Office Home 365 Personal. Previously, OneDrive worked perfectly but now it's a nightmare. It's syncing and I can't stop it - it kept at it for a week earlier & the OneDrive Support Team said it was stuck and told me how to restart it. It's working on 5,000 - odd files but my SuperAntiSpyware checks 13,000-odd.

I've tried everything to stop the blasted thing, including unlinking my PC but all that did was to stop me from opening important folders on my desktop. I thought I'd found the solution myself - I went to Settings>Accounts (which includes sync) then "sync your settings" (it's at the bottom of the list on my PC), then 'turn off sync settings'. It wasn't the solution.
    I know you don't usually like to look at MS Community threads where we've already gone to but if you can, you'll see what's happened. This is just one of probably six or seven on the subject of OneDrivehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/have-i-solved-my-onedrive-problems-win-10/6113d0cd-f670-406e-b9aa-0630d90ce6c9

Taffy078, May 5, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Stop OneDrive sync

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to stop syncing of OneDrive. I’ll help you with the details.

If you wish to stop syncing on your Windows PC, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

However, we do have dedicated support team for OneDrive and you can get in touch with them for further assistance. Follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser or Open OneDrive App, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 5, 2022
  4. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 5, 2022
Thema:

How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

1. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop? - Similar Threads - stop OneDrive syncing

2. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents/Desktop folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all...
  3. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!: I have Installed FF14 from steam onto my External drive and have tried to install the games Launcher onto my external drive as well but Windows insists on choosing its default as my Onedrive Documents/Desktop folder and I can't move it. I cannot access the Settings at all...
  4. Stop onedrive from Syncing my Documents+desktop folder!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to stop onedrive from syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop onedrive from syncing: Hi,I accidentally enabled onedrive and it starting syncing 300+GB of photos to the cloud. I do not want this and I do not need this since I have another backup process in place. It also starting syncing documents which I do not want in the cloud due to security reasons.When...
  6. How to stop onedrive from syncing

How to stop onedrive from syncing: Hi,I accidentally enabled onedrive and it starting syncing 300+GB of photos to the cloud. I do not want this and I do not need this since I have another backup process in place. It also starting syncing documents which I do not want in the cloud due to security reasons.When...
  7. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?: I have a personal computer I use for video games and a Laptop for school but sometimes shortcuts on my personal computer show on the laptop and vice versa. It is not only is just annoying in general I feel awkward having games openly shown when at school. I tried deleting the...
  8. How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?

How to stop OneDrive from syncing my desktop?: I have a personal computer I use for video games and a Laptop for school but sometimes shortcuts on my personal computer show on the laptop and vice versa. It is not only is just annoying in general I feel awkward having games openly shown when at school. I tried deleting the...
  9. Stop Onedrive from syncing!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Onedrive from syncing!!: I hate OneDrive so much. It's hyperactive and wasting my time over and over again. I've been trying to deselect most of my folders so that they don't automatically sync. Should be simple enough but this thing is designed so poorly. Firstly you can't access the Settings...
  10. how to stop my desktop and laptop from syncing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop my desktop and laptop from syncing?: I have always had a laptop and desktop with the same 'windows' sign in, using windows 10 home. I have since replaced the desktop with a refurbished windows 10 computer and now I cannot figure out how stop them from syncing. Whatever I put on or take something off of the...