Windows 10: how to stop onedrive uploading specific folder?

Discus and support how to stop onedrive uploading specific folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i would like to stop onedrive from uploading my temp picture folder and filling it up and giving me "ALMOST FULL, GIVE ME MONEY" message all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EK12312312313, Aug 18, 2020.

1. how to stop onedrive uploading specific folder?

Hi, i would like to stop onedrive from uploading my temp picture folder and filling it up and giving me "ALMOST FULL, GIVE ME MONEY" message all the time. I would just uninstall it but getting all my stuff back will be just as much trouble. Really do enjoy these user friendly systems.

:)

EK12312312313, Aug 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 18, 2020
  3. TarAn_D Win User
    Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Aug 18, 2020
  4. how to stop onedrive uploading specific folder?

How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders?

I see in the OneDrive settings that you can disable backup/autosync for the desktop, photos, and documents folders. However I have a specific folder within the documents folder that is taking up a lot of my OneDrive space. Is there any way to turn off
    sync for this specific folder or do I have to unsync all files in my documents folder?

AstralBeams, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

how to stop onedrive uploading specific folder?

1. how to stop onedrive uploading specific folder? - Similar Threads - stop onedrive uploading

2. stop automatic upload to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop automatic upload to onedrive: All the advice I can find on the web, or on microsoft site, has one fatal flaw.Nowhere can I find in settings, a button to untick, so that only files I elect to upload are uploaded. Am I being especially dense, or is it concealed, because Microsoft wants to sell me additional...
  3. stop automatic upload to onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stop automatic upload to onedrive: All the advice I can find on the web, or on microsoft site, has one fatal flaw.Nowhere can I find in settings, a button to untick, so that only files I elect to upload are uploaded. Am I being especially dense, or is it concealed, because Microsoft wants to sell me additional...
  4. stop automatic upload to onedrive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do I OneDrive to sync specific folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I OneDrive to sync specific folders: Hi there I am using OneDrive to sync my desktop but I wanted icons and few folders on my destop to be left out. How do I customize the sync process to do so?...
  6. I'd like to stop syncing OneDrive for a specific folder, but without having that folder...

I'd like to stop syncing OneDrive for a specific folder, but without having that folder...: Essentially I'd like to have a file on my PC but not on the web. When I go to OneDrive settings to choose the folder I want "unsynced", the opposite happens. The selected folder disappears from my PC but stays on the web. Please help me solve this issue! Thanks...
  7. OneDrive: Can't stop syncing folders - how to stop pointing essential folders to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive: Can't stop syncing folders - how to stop pointing essential folders to OneDrive: Must have done a mistake while setting up my new PC, because Desktop, Documents and Pictures got linked to OneDrive rather than being local to the PC (all marked with little cloud). Tried unchecking the folders to stop syncing them, but got a message that I couldn't stop...
  8. How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive

How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive: Online storage is only safe until it isn't. I have a couple of financial files I would prefer not to be on the Cloud and would like to delete them from Onedrive and stop them being uploaded in future. Can this be done, or is it an all or nothing system?...
  9. How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders?

How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders?: I see in the OneDrive settings that you can disable backup/autosync for the desktop, photos, and documents folders. However I have a specific folder within the documents folder that is taking up a lot of my OneDrive space. Is there any way to turn off sync for this specific...
  10. Trying to stop uploading photos to OneDrive

Trying to stop uploading photos to OneDrive: Split from this thread. Running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803. Cant find settings cant find properties. Trying to stop uploading photos to OneDrive. When i open OneDrive app, it opens "File Explorer" ????? I am trying to delete 4.4MB of photos from OneDrive, and...