Windows 10: How to stop pages from auto save as documents

Discus and support How to stop pages from auto save as documents in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open a file or document online, it automatically wants to save it to a file. How do I change the settings?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RCPGranny, Jul 20, 2018.

1. RCPGranny Win User

How to stop pages from auto save as documents

When I open a file or document online, it automatically wants to save it to a file. How do I change the settings?

:)

RCPGranny, Jul 20, 2018

2. After saving a web page using save as to documents the page opens as a list of files but none opens the original page

Original title: saving web pages-

windows 10 updated from windows 7

after saving a web page using save as to documents the page opens as a list of files but none opens the original page. How do I save page so it opens correctly?

Shirlepearl, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 16, 2018
  4. How to stop pages from auto save as documents

Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

How to stop pages from auto save as documents

1. How to stop pages from auto save as documents - Similar Threads - stop pages auto

2. How to scan multiple pages and save as one document?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to scan multiple pages and save as one document?: I can't seem to change the settings with my HP Deskjet 3050 printer / scanner to enable me to save multiple scanned pages as one document? Can anyone help please?...
  3. How to scan multiple pages and save as one document?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to scan multiple pages and save as one document?: I can't seem to change the settings with my HP Deskjet 3050 printer / scanner to enable me to save multiple scanned pages as one document? Can anyone help please?...
  4. How to scan multiple pages and save as one document?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Stop Microsoft 10 from saving my files to "documents"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft 10 from saving my files to "documents": I have files stored on my D drive. Each file stores different types of documents. Each file has sub-files. It is all done in a outline format. Microsoft 10 keeps saving the files in "documents", along with everything I ever looked at on my D drive. It saves all my photos...
  6. Stop images from auto-saving?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop images from auto-saving?: Hi, This has become increasingly frustrating and I can't find a way to stop it, so I'm hoping someone here can help. I'm a photographer and mostly use the Abobe suite for image processing. My workflow is: - plug in card reader - open folder - select images - import...
  7. How do I stop auto save to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop auto save to OneDrive?: I need these files to be on my computer as opposed to one drive, but it seems to automatically save it to one drive and I can't do anything about it. There must be a way to turn this off but I don't know how to do it. Any ideas? submitted by /u/fruitbowl99 [link]...
  8. How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"?: Hi, I probably turned this option off some time, a long, long time ago... But now would like Word to auto-suggest the first line of document text when doing "save as". Where did i put that option away? *092 130892
  9. Word document not auto saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word document not auto saved: I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under Document 1 as is...
  10. Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10: How to: Auto Save Documents to OneDrive or This PC in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can choose to save your OneDrive or This PC by default. This tutorial will show you how to auto save your Documents in Quick access to either OneDrive or This PC for...