Windows 10: How to stop paired Bluetooth devices from connecting automatically on Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to stop paired Bluetooth devices from connecting automatically on Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Some of you might have faced this problem where the paired Bluetooth devices connect automatically to the Windows 11/10 computer. This is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 18, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to stop paired Bluetooth devices from connecting automatically on Windows 11/10

How to stop paired Bluetooth devices from connecting automatically on Windows 11/10 stop-paired-Bluetooth-devices-from-connecting-automatically.png
    Some of you might have faced this problem where the paired Bluetooth devices connect automatically to the Windows 11/10 computer. This is a very annoying issue because it prevents users from connecting their Bluetooth devices to devices other than their computers. If the Bluetooth of your system is tuned on, Windows automatically connects your system […]

This article How to stop paired Bluetooth devices from connecting automatically on Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 18, 2022

2. Uninstalled Bluetooth Devices Automatically Install

The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow windows will just automatically reinstall it even if it's not connected. This means that if i connect the device to something other than my computer, I can no longer re-pair it with my computer as it thinks that the device is still paired.

When I pair the device from the Bluetooth section of control panel, the device will disappear from the control panel Bluetooth menu, and the only way to see that the device is connected is by looking in device manager.
    Here is an image I have found of what the Bluetooth section of the control panel should look like with paired devices:

How to stop paired Bluetooth devices from connecting automatically on Windows 11/10 [​IMG]

Now here is what mine looks like even though I have a number of devices connected:

How to stop paired Bluetooth devices from connecting automatically on Windows 11/10 [​IMG]

Here's what I've Tried
    I have removed, and completely uninstalled all Bluetooth devices from the PC using device manager (even the hidden devices), and also uninstalled all Bluetooth applications from the control panel.
    After doing the previous steps, I reconnect the Bluetooth dongle (ASUS BT-400) and install the driver I downloaded from the Asus website. As soon as the driver for the device install, all of the previously paired (since time began) devices will install and windows will think they air all paired (again I can see this though the device manager).

I had this issue when I was on windows 8.1 and I have it again now. I did a clean install of windows 10, and the issue still persists even though I have tried two different Bluetooth adapters (to make sure one wan't faulty). How is Windows storing these devices to re-install even though they're not connected?

CyberPunked, Sep 18, 2022
  3. Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow windows will just automatically reinstall it even if it's not connected. This means that if i connect the device to something other than my computer, I can no longer re-pair it with my computer as it thinks that the device is still paired.

When I pair the device from the Bluetooth section of control panel, the device will disappear from the control panel Bluetooth menu, and the only way to see that the device is connected is by looking in device manager.
    Here is an image I have found of what the Bluetooth section of the control panel should look like with paired devices:

Now here is what mine looks like even though I have a number of devices connected:

Here's what I've Tried
    I have removed, and completely uninstalled all Bluetooth devices from the PC using device manager (even the hidden devices), and also uninstalled all Bluetooth applications from the control panel.
    After doing the previous steps, I reconnect the Bluetooth dongle (ASUS BT-400) and install the driver I downloaded from the Asus website. As soon as the driver for the device install, all of the previously paired (since time began) devices will install and windows will think they air all paired (again I can see this though the device manager).

I had this issue when I was on windows 8.1 and I have it again now. I did a clean install of windows 10, and the issue still persists even though I have tried two different Bluetooth adapters (to make sure one wan't faulty). How is Windows storing these devices to re-install even though they're not connected?

CyberPunked, Sep 18, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

How to stop paired Bluetooth devices from connecting automatically on Windows 11/10

Cannot use bluetooth device

1 Pairing is done in Settings, Devices
    1.1 You click on Add Bluetooth or other device
    1.2 You choose Bluetooth
    1.3 If there is a pairing button on the bluetooth device itself then you press that now. You need to check the instructions for your bluetooth device to see how to do this - several automatically go into pairing mode when they switch on, others have a button that needs to be pressed for, say, 5 seconds.
    1.4 The computer detects all available bluetooth devices and you select yours from the list. If yours is not on the list then Windows could not detect it.
    1.5 It connects - pairing includes connecting
    1.6 The computer sounds a buzz in the earpiece then displays Your device is ready to go and you click on Done
    1.7 The device is shown in the devices list below the subheading Audio and it shows it as connected
    1.8 The device should also appear in Control panel, Sounds, Playback tab
    1.9 The device should also appear in Control panel, Devices & printers
    1.10 {I just paired some bluetooth earphones as I typed so I could make sure these notes were correct} You use a music player and the sound comes out of the bluetooth earphones

2 If this is not happening for you then go to Contol panel, Devices & printers
    2.1 Right-click on the device & select Remove device
    2.2 You can now try pairing from scratch again
    2.3 Several other users have reported that only removing the device with Bluetooth command line tools - BluetoothInstaller allowed them to re-pair again [see xzion's guidance below]
    2.4 Yet others reported that only the KeithM code or Bungee's guidance worked for them [see below]

3 Where is this all going wrong for you?
    [I assume we are definitely talking about bluetooth headphones/earphones. I understand that WiFi ones do also exist.]

4 Additional guidance -

Unpair a Bluetooth Device - TenForumsTutorials
    Connect a Bluetooth device in Windows - Windows Help

Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #9, xzion] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #22, KeithM] - TenForums
    Steps to completely remove a belutooth device so pairing can be done again [post #39, Bungee] - TenForums
    Several people registered in TenForums just to be able to thanks xzion, KeithM & Bungee. Apparently, what worked for some people did not work for others so each solution seems worth trying.

Denis

Thema:

1. How to stop paired Bluetooth devices from connecting automatically on Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - stop paired Bluetooth

2. Stop bluetooth from automatically connecting to device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop bluetooth from automatically connecting to device: Just as the title states. I want to stop my Windows 11 pc from auto connecting to bluetooth devices when it's state changes being a reboot or just starting a program, the damn thing auto connects to my home receiver I use when I watch movies and it also auto connects to the...
  3. Stop bluetooth from automatically connecting to device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop bluetooth from automatically connecting to device: Just as the title states. I want to stop my Windows 11 pc from auto connecting to bluetooth devices when it's state changes being a reboot or just starting a program, the damn thing auto connects to my home receiver I use when I watch movies and it also auto connects to the...
  4. How to prevent Windows from automatically connect to a paired bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows from automatically connect to a paired bluetooth device: Hi,Whenever I turn my Bluetooth headphone on, Windows automatically connects to it. Then I need to disconnect from them in windows before I can connect to them from my phone.Sometimes I need to connect to them from my laptop, and sometimes from my phone, so unpairing them is...
  5. How to prevent Windows from automatically connect to a paired bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent Windows from automatically connect to a paired bluetooth device: Hi,Whenever I turn my Bluetooth headphone on, Windows automatically connects to it. Then I need to disconnect from them in windows before I can connect to them from my phone.Sometimes I need to connect to them from my laptop, and sometimes from my phone, so unpairing them is...
  6. How to prevent Windows from automatically connect to a paired bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. BLuetooth Connectivity - Device Paired But Not Connecting

BLuetooth Connectivity - Device Paired But Not Connecting: Hi there, a few months I purchased a program to clean my system up and help it run smoother. In the midst of the purchase there was an extra program to update drivers available which I so foolishly agreed to purchasing and decided to update drivers as well. Upon doing so...
  8. Bluetooth Audio Device Paired, Connected & Then Automatically Gets Disconnected

Bluetooth Audio Device Paired, Connected & Then Automatically Gets Disconnected: I bought a normal bluetooth audio receiver. It has plug & play play function. I paired it with my android and every time I turn bluetooth on, both devices got connected automatically. No issue at all. But, in my Windows 10 laptop I paired both devices and from bluetooth...
  9. Bluetooth not connecting to paired device.

Bluetooth not connecting to paired device.: I have gone through the steps to pair an audio device to my laptop. However, when I have tried to connect my headphones I get this message: [ATTACH] My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 500 and my headphones are Grundig bluetooth wireless headphones (they did not come this a model...
  10. How to connect to Bluetooth device from CLI (already paired)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to connect to Bluetooth device from CLI (already paired)?: Is there a command to connect to a Bluetooth device from a command prompt (i.e. something I can put in an AHK script)? I'm already paired with my headphones so won't need to do that every time but I'd like to use a keyboard shortcut to initiate the connection. 94515