Windows 10: How to Stop Pop-Up Windows From Appearing Off-Screen?

Discus and support How to Stop Pop-Up Windows From Appearing Off-Screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am on Win 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592). Almost every time I click on a browser link in which a pop-up box with more information is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chasfh, Feb 9, 2020.

1. chasfh Win User

How to Stop Pop-Up Windows From Appearing Off-Screen?

I am on Win 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592).

Almost every time I click on a browser link in which a pop-up box with more information is to appear, the window always winds up way offscreen. I have two screens, one the native laptop screen and the other an HDMI-attached monitor, but it doesn't matter which of the two screens the browser is in: the pop-up window goes way off the screen. When I click the browser's program box while open in the taskbar, I can see the window whizzing in from offscreen to minimize, and then whizzing back to the offscreen ether when I click it again.

I can manually bring the window back into view by shift/right-clicking on the program and choosing "maximize", but that's an extra step I wouldn't mind cutting out. What I really want is for the pop-up box to show up on the same screen in the first place, just like it did on my old (Windows 7) computer and, dare I say, as it is supposed to in the first place.

Is this a known issue with a known fix?

:)

chasfh, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Kantastic Win User

Print window popping up off screen

Hi guys, I've had this Windows 10 issue for a while. Every time I a print pop-up appears in Internet Explorer, it's off screen. The issue is not present in another browser like Google Chrome. I've attached a screenshot. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Kantastic, Feb 9, 2020
  3. OneDrive Notification Pop-ups Stopped Working After October Update

Hello,

I just installed the October update the other day and I just noticed that my Onedrive pop-up notifications stopped working when I take screen captures. The notification itself is in the Action Center, it's just that the pop-up that used to be immediately activated when taking screenshots is not appearing anymore. Any suggestions on how to fix? Thank you.

~FGN

FullGrownNut, Feb 9, 2020
  4. How to Stop Pop-Up Windows From Appearing Off-Screen?

Fake Java Update pop-up appearing on Windows 10.

Hello James,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you download and install any program/application from the internet?
    • When does the pop-up appear on the PC screen?
    • Did you check if the pop-up appears when the PC is booted in Safe mode?

You may be facing the above issue due to the presence of any third party applications conflicting with Windows 10 operating system. When some of the programs are installed on the PC, additional programs that come along will disturb the normal performance
    of the system. I suggest you to perform Safe mode and Clean boot procedures on the PC by following the steps below.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot your PC in Safe mode by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Reboot the PC to exit from Safe mode.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)
    (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Step 2: If the issue persists, perform Clean boot on your PC by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

I suggest you to perform clean boot by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

You can open the system configuration window in Windows 10:

a. Using run command.

• Press Windows Key + R keys on the Keyboard.
      • Type msconfig.msc and press Enter.

b. Using Cortana.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type msconfig.
      • Select the top most search result.
    Follow the steps from 3 under How to perform a clean boot
    for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 from the link below (The steps for clean boot suggested in the link below for
    Windows 8/8.1 is applicable for Windows 10 as well):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

How to Stop Pop-Up Windows From Appearing Off-Screen?

1. How to Stop Pop-Up Windows From Appearing Off-Screen? - Similar Threads - Stop Pop Appearing

2. How to Stop Touch Keyboard from Popping Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Stop Touch Keyboard from Popping Up: My device is an Asus Flip laptop with Windows 11 installed. Yesterday, I already configured the settings for the touch keyboard, and throughout the day, it didn't show up or bother me. However, today there was a Windows update, and after I updated, the touch keyboard started...
  3. How to Stop Touch Keyboard from Popping Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Stop Touch Keyboard from Popping Up: My device is an Asus Flip laptop with Windows 11 installed. Yesterday, I already configured the settings for the touch keyboard, and throughout the day, it didn't show up or bother me. However, today there was a Windows update, and after I updated, the touch keyboard started...
  4. How to stop Blue Screen from appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Blue Screen from appearing: A blue screen kept appearing everytime I try to open genshin impact. This has never happened before and my laptop RAM is somehow or should be capable of handling this game. What could be the main cause of this and how do I prevent it from happening again? I've tried putting...
  5. How to stop Blue Screen from appearing

How to stop Blue Screen from appearing: A blue screen kept appearing everytime I try to open genshin impact. This has never happened before and my laptop RAM is somehow or should be capable of handling this game. What could be the main cause of this and how do I prevent it from happening again? I've tried putting...
  6. How to stop TPM screen from appearing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop TPM screen from appearing?: I recently got my laptop's screen replaced in a local computer repair shop. Unfortunately, the screen replacement they had didnt work on my laptop so i had to reuse the original lcd of my laptop. Idk if the one i mentioned above is related to this but anyway, after i got my...
  7. how to stop pop up in windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to stop pop up in windows?: pop ups on bottom left of screen are driving me nuts. even rude pop ups -I have a completely new system from HP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-pop-up-in-windows/c3a15c5f-27fb-42e2-8a93-5bc2374ef43e
  8. Stop these screens from appearing

in Browsers and Email
    Stop these screens from appearing: The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?*Smile 116188
  9. Stop these screens from appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop these screens from appearing: The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?*Smile 116188
  10. Stop Cortana from popping up

Stop Cortana from popping up: Cortana constantly pops up without being prompted. Even when I just want to click on an app in the taskbar to bring it into focus. My habit of browsing is to use one finger to move the mouse on the touchpad and one finger resting on the left click button. I've gone into my...