Windows 10: How to stop Power Shell from opening on windows startup

Discus and support How to stop Power Shell from opening on windows startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't use this program but after the last Windows update I now have two computers in my office that on startup or reboot the Power Shell opens a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bill Brown bbrown, Apr 15, 2020.

1. How to stop Power Shell from opening on windows startup

I don't use this program but after the last Windows update I now have two computers in my office that on startup or reboot the Power Shell opens a windows and sometimes two windows. Eventually I am allowed to close the window and sometimes it closes on it own. Very annoying and I can't find a way to stop it. I have already disabled it in the startup folder but this does not fix the problem.

:)

Bill Brown bbrown, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 15, 2020
  3. GOTR Win User
    Windows Shell Experience Host, Photos, Settings and Films TV are running but not open on startup

I have the latest build of Windows 10 (1511) and I find when I start my computer Windows Shell Experience Host, Photos, Settings, and Films TV are running even though they are not open. I've made sure to set Photos and Films TV to not start on startup but
    they still do. It is really using up my battery power.

Is there a way to stop these programs from running on startup?

4. How to stop Power Shell from opening on windows startup

power shell

We are mounting a RFID reader on a forklift and need to modify/Change the Reader settings. Have been instructed to use Power Shell to change these settings from my IT guy. Was requested to open Power Shell as the administrator.

I am set up both as user and administrator...but have never used Power Shell. Not sure what to use for admin password.

KenSchoening34, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

How to stop Power Shell from opening on windows startup

1. How to stop Power Shell from opening on windows startup - Similar Threads - stop Power Shell

2. window power shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window power shell: The term '...' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function . i am facing this type of error in my power shell i also add path in enviroment variable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-power-shell/63bba497-fd51-4b3f-8515-eaf23ff38741
  3. Windows Power Shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Power Shell: Windows power shell comes on at startup. it is not in recent downloads or in task-startup. how do I get rid of it. Or at least stop it from starting up. It takes at least 4 mins to shutdown on it's own?...
  4. Windows Power Shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Power Shell: Windows power shell comes on at startup. it is not in recent downloads or in task-startup. how do I get rid of it. Or at least stop it from starting up. It takes at least 4 mins to shutdown on it's own?...
  5. Windows Power shell

Windows Power shell: Yes how do I get rid of power shell from starting? It's driving me nuts. I don't use it so why does it need to start on start up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-power-shell/4efe6c39-e510-4a6d-9b6c-33ff8eb71384
  6. Windows power shell

Windows power shell: Windows power shell almost always pops up when I start my computer and always comes up as not responding. I have tried to turn it off under the Window program control but nothing seems to stop it. Is there any way to completely delete it?...
  7. How to uninstall Windows Power Shell

How to uninstall Windows Power Shell: How to uninstall Windows Power Shell in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-windows-power-shell/bc72ab15-b3ef-47a7-9b3a-633253a4ece5
  8. Windows Power Shell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Power Shell: Just discovered Windows Power Shell and am having trouble recalling DOS commands. Can I find a list of available commands? How do I make >cd work for multi word directories?...
  9. Windows Power Shell

Windows Power Shell: When I start Win 10, Win Power Shell 1.0 comes on the screen and stays there, empty for 1.5 to 2.0 min, locking up the screen and the system for that time. What can I do to keep Win Power Shell from coming up? I have tried to shut it off everywhere I can find it. This...
  10. power shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power shell: when i do codding often such problem comes up.failed to create process. what am i suppose to do [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-shell/057078df-5693-42bf-a0de-416f6e02f296

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows powershell keeps appearing on startup screen in win 10

2. how did powershell get added to startup

3. powershell opens even when not in startup

4. how di i stop windows powershell from popping up at startup?,
  5. PowerShell comes on when booting up how do I stop this,
  6. how to remove microsoft powershell 1.0 popup at startup,
  7. windows 10 startup powershell script,
  8. poweshell.exe window on startup