Windows 10: How to stop receiving features updates COMPLETELY while still continue to receive security...

Discus and support How to stop receiving features updates COMPLETELY while still continue to receive security... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft keeps implementing things I found idiotic like the new Search engine and I don't need them. How can I disable them completely, allowing only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by varricade, Mar 2, 2020.

1. varricade Win User

How to stop receiving features updates COMPLETELY while still continue to receive security...

Microsoft keeps implementing things I found idiotic like the new Search engine and I don't need them.

How can I disable them completely, allowing only security updates to install?

:)

varricade, Mar 2, 2020

2. Receiving preview Windows updates even I'm not opt-in for the Insider Program

Hi Red,

This issue installing Windows Insider could have happened due to the version of your Windows. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Which version of Windows are you running?
    • Have you tried registering on Windows Insider?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article.
    This will give you a step to stop receiving Windows Insider updates.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Mar 2, 2020
  3. rm22 Win User
    How long will 1511 receive security updates?

As in the tittle - Anyone know how long 1511 will continue to receive security updates?

I've only had the 1607 update show up on 1 PC so far through WU & I think I've successfully hidden it for now with wushowhide... I don't have time to fix things right now if the update breaks stuff so I'll delay for awhile unless 1511 won't continue to be supported

Thanks

rm22, Mar 2, 2020
  4. INSTG8R Win User

How to stop receiving features updates COMPLETELY while still continue to receive security...

Buzzing from receiver while on

Also hoping it sorted it out. It was long shot it even had the ground on the back(Not knowing anything about the receiver) The "correct" steps have been taken. But did it work? *Confused How to stop receiving features updates COMPLETELY while still continue to receive security... :confused:

INSTG8R, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. How to stop receiving features updates COMPLETELY while still continue to receive security... - Similar Threads - stop receiving features

2. Does windows to go still receive security updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows to go still receive security updates: Please can someone clarify if Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 windows to go WTG receive security updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-to-go-still-receive-security-updates/fe30517f-c426-4fc3-8639-f5b1d5112f41
  3. Does windows to go still receive security updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does windows to go still receive security updates: Please can someone clarify if Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 windows to go WTG receive security updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-to-go-still-receive-security-updates/fe30517f-c426-4fc3-8639-f5b1d5112f41
  4. Does windows to go still receive security updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Still receiving BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Still receiving BSOD: When I play Ark survival I get BSOD and system freezing with no BSOD. In my event logs I see error volmgr events with ID's of 45 and 46 each time I boot or reboot my system. I have tried to resolve it rebooted with event error each time I reboot. I do not have any thing...
  6. continue to receive message to update childs device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    continue to receive message to update childs device: to fix activity reporting of a child's account the family account page continues to display the message to update my childs device, but I've updated it several times until the device says that it's up to date, and yet I continue to get the message of needing to update it....
  7. Continually receiving the DistributedCOM error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continually receiving the DistributedCOM error: Recently I've received an error report described as "Event 10016, DistributedCOM". After receiving the report, I immediately googled it and did something trying to fix it, however, the problem is still there. I wonder whether it is critical, and if the answer is yes, what can...
  8. May 1903. How do I receive security updates and pause feature update?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    May 1903. How do I receive security updates and pause feature update?: I have paused my feature update (1903) however I still want to get my Windows Defender updates. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-1903-how-do-i-receive-security-updates-and/bb787d3d-2d2c-497b-94e0-ed991c1233bd"
  9. Anniversary update still not received

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary update still not received: I still haven't received the automatic Anniversary update. If I download the update from support.microsoft, it always stops around 70 % with the notification "page fault in nonpaged area", and system returns to version 1511. What can I do ? Because I can't install it, I'm...
  10. How long will 1511 receive security updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long will 1511 receive security updates?: As in the tittle - Anyone know how long 1511 will continue to receive security updates? I've only had the 1607 update show up on 1 PC so far through WU & I think I've successfully hidden it for now with wushowhide... I don't have time to fix things right now if the update...