Windows 10: How to stop renumbering in captions?

Discus and support How to stop renumbering in captions? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am working with a many page document. I prefer the figures and tables numbers to reflect the chapter and subchapter where they are in. So I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Catrine Post, Dec 11, 2019.

1. How to stop renumbering in captions?

I am working with a many page document. I prefer the figures and tables numbers to reflect the chapter and subchapter where they are in. So I want to have, e.g. a table 1.2.1 -1 but when I add a new table in the document, Word changes the number as it wants. Could you help me to tailor this behaviour to my needs?

:)

Catrine Post, Dec 11, 2019
  2. MTDWH Win User

start footnote renumbering

i have followed several different instructions but the footnote renumbering will not change to start at 1

MTDWH, Dec 11, 2019
  3. robinpe Win User
    How to write a caption on 'Pin to Start' selected websites.

On Win8.1 I could type out a caption for Start screen websites I pinned to the Start screen. With W10 it appears I can only click on the ... in the top right corner of the site select 'Pin to Start' but have no control over the title of the caption. I know I can save them to 'Favourites' & type the caption. Any suggestions please?.

robinpe, Dec 11, 2019
  4. How to stop renumbering in captions?

CharlesJones32, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

How to stop renumbering in captions?

1. How to stop renumbering in captions? - Similar Threads - stop renumbering captions

2. how to renumber partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to renumber partitions: Dear Sir/MadamHelloa friend of mine has UEFI windows 10 21H2, disk0 partitions layout were System , MSR , Windows , Recovery , "D" Partition , "E" Partition,Recovery was Partition number 4, "match location sequence"He asked me to reduce windows partition size from 2 TB to .5...
  3. how to renumber partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to renumber partitions: Dear Sir/MadamHelloa friend of mine has UEFI windows 10 21H2, disk0 partitions layout were System , MSR , Windows , Recovery , "D" Partition , "E" Partition,Recovery was Partition number 4, "match location sequence"He asked me to reduce windows partition size from 2 TB to .5...
  4. how to renumber partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Renumbering a large batch of files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renumbering a large batch of files?: How can I renumber not rename! large batches of files? There is a field in music files listed under the heading '#' which could be useful, although I would like to be able to change other properties, too. However, it seems to be very difficult to obtain much more than...
  6. Renumbering a large batch of files?

Renumbering a large batch of files?: How can I renumber not rename! large batches of files? There is a field in music files listed under the heading '#' which could be useful, although I would like to be able to change other properties, too. However, it seems to be very difficult to obtain much more than...
  7. Renumbering a large batch of files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Caption Effects in Closed Captions not working

Caption Effects in Closed Captions not working: Like the subject says, all the options in Closed captions work but that. How it can be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caption-effects-in-closed-captions-not-working/a3762c31-edbf-4dd4-9154-a893ebee8ca0
  9. how to add captions to photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to add captions to photos: How do I add a caption to a photo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-captions-to-photos/cef27102-b3f3-45fe-ae9a-79a35f0a3a31"
  10. Can't renumber photo files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't renumber photo files.: Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64) I did this several weeks ago but can't do it now. I suspect that an update may be responsible. I have followed instructions found on various websites - all similar, but they don't work. A solution would be very welcome. 98952