Windows 10: How to Stop Screen Refresh Rate From Auto Adjusting When I Plug In and Out From Power Source

Discus and support How to Stop Screen Refresh Rate From Auto Adjusting When I Plug In and Out From Power Source in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought my laptop about a month ago and this wasn't an issue until recently. Currently, when I plug in the power source the screen refresh rate auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Briechennel, Jan 19, 2022.

1. How to Stop Screen Refresh Rate From Auto Adjusting When I Plug In and Out From Power Source

I bought my laptop about a month ago and this wasn't an issue until recently. Currently, when I plug in the power source the screen refresh rate auto adjusts to 120Hz. When I unplug the power source the screen auto adjusts to 60Hz. I've researched several forums for updated solutions but all of the solutions are outdated. Apparently, the Intel Graphics Command Center used to have an option that allowed the user to enable or disable the Dynamic Refresh Rate, however that option has since been removed. This issue is extremely frustrating and inconvenient as the screen blacks out for several seco

:)

Briechennel, Jan 19, 2022

2. Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jan 19, 2022
  3. The screen refresh rate of my laptop gets changed when the laptop is not plugged in.

Hello.

I've just reinstalled windows on my current machine, and I've noticed that whenever the power is not plugged in, the screen refresh rate gets changed (the screen gets turned off, and then when it turns on the refresh rate is changed).

I didn't have this problem before and I haven't found anyone having a similar problem so far.

LeonardVlaicu, Jan 19, 2022
  4. How to Stop Screen Refresh Rate From Auto Adjusting When I Plug In and Out From Power Source

screen refresh rate

Hello

i just got my lap top two days ago and i have the following problem :

every time i plug and unplug the charger the screen blink black for a couple seconds

i went to power options > change plan settings > change advanced power settings > then i changed the intel graphics power plan to " maximum performance"

the blinking went away but now whenever i unplug the charger the screen refresh rate drop to 48 hz

i'm afraid there's something wrong with the laptop ,it's brand new

laptop : ASUS TUF fx 705GE

thanks for reading

farahalali, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

How to Stop Screen Refresh Rate From Auto Adjusting When I Plug In and Out From Power Source

1. How to Stop Screen Refresh Rate From Auto Adjusting When I Plug In and Out From Power Source - Similar Threads - Stop Screen Refresh

2. Refresh rate changes when laptop is plugged in and on battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refresh rate changes when laptop is plugged in and on battery: Hello, I have an Asus tuf f15 laptop which I bought recently. My problem is that my display should constantly have a refresh rate of 144.001hz. It only seems to have that when it's plugged in though, unplugging the laptop makes the refresh rate change to 60.003hz. I have been...
  3. Refresh rate changes when laptop is plugged in and on battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refresh rate changes when laptop is plugged in and on battery: Hello, I have an Asus tuf f15 laptop which I bought recently. My problem is that my display should constantly have a refresh rate of 144.001hz. It only seems to have that when it's plugged in though, unplugging the laptop makes the refresh rate change to 60.003hz. I have been...
  4. Refresh rate changes when laptop is plugged in and on battery

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to Stop Screen Refresh Rate From Auto Adjusting When I Plug In and Out From Power Source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Stop Screen Refresh Rate From Auto Adjusting When I Plug In and Out From Power Source: I bought my laptop about a month ago and this wasn't an issue until recently. Currently, when I plug in the power source the screen refresh rate auto adjusts to 120Hz. When I unplug the power source the screen auto adjusts to 60Hz. I've researched several forums for updated...
  6. How to stop Microphone from auto-adjusting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Microphone from auto-adjusting in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you use a Windows 10 computer to avidly communicate with other people, you may have been notified by your peers about fluctuations in your Microphone sound levels despite you not interfering with them, and fluctuating microphone audio levels may not suit everyone....
  7. Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running a...: Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running CS:GO, I've set it to 144 Refresh rate in nvidia Control Panel it keeps changing back to 60 Refresh rate same thing in Advanced Display Settings changing it to 144 Refresh rate it does...
  8. Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source: I have a Lenovo ideapad 130-15AST Laptop with Windows 10 it's brand new, well I bought it back in the Summer 2019 and rarely use it. However, I need it really bad now and I am using it as I type this question I'm not using my cell phone. So I used it last month and every time...
  9. Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source: Recently my HP Notebook will not charge above 0%. It turns on when plugged in to power source but instantly turns off when disconnected from the charger. Any information regarding this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!...
  10. screen refresh rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen refresh rate: Hello i just got my lap top two days ago and i have the following problem : every time i plug and unplug the charger the screen blink black for a couple seconds i went to power options > change plan settings > change advanced power settings > then i changed the intel...