Windows 10: How to stop Service Manager pops up opening maximised

Discus and support How to stop Service Manager pops up opening maximised in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I open an activity, it opens maximised and on a different screen. I want it to open but at a smaller size which it did before. No idea what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack_1011, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Jack_1011 Win User

How to stop Service Manager pops up opening maximised

Whenever I open an activity, it opens maximised and on a different screen. I want it to open but at a smaller size which it did before.

No idea what I've changed.

Service requests/incidents don't do it.

I've tried all sorts resizing and moving then closing them etc. but can't get it to "remember" how it was previously.

Any suggestions?

:)

Jack_1011, Oct 1, 2020

2. Taskbar not Maximising Tasks - Windows 10

I have an issue where certain items in my taskbar are not maximising when opening and are locked in a minimised state on the taskbar. Tried the CCleaner, System Maintenance and SFC suggestions (from the file explorer not responding posts) and the unpinning
    and disabling snap suggestions (on taskbar items not maximising posts for older versions of Windows) with no luck. This was actually a problem I had a while back near release of Windows 10, but then I had Edge and the actual startup menu not responding either.
    Got to the point where I got sick of tinkering and reinstalled Windows 10 - in hindsight I should have probably reverted to Windows 7. It worked for a while, but file explorer stopped working again a few days ago and today my EA Origin has stopped maximising. It's
    weird as it appears in QuickView (by hovering over the File Explorer/Origin icon in the toolbar), but it just won't maximize - doesn't respond at all.

Any suggestions as to what else I can try would be greatly appreciated before more items stop maximising and I'm stuck with reinstalling Windows for another time. Thank you!

Psykhosis007, Oct 1, 2020
  3. sam4673 Win User
    Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.

Hi all,

I have a problem with my Win10 laptop and the best way to describe it (i think!), is that the minimise/maximising of windows is not behaving as expected.
    For example: sometimes I am unable to maximise a window properly, it seems to maximise, but not come to the front of the open windows. so if I have a browser open, and try to maximise MsWord, the word window maximises, but sits behind the browser so I then have to minimise the browser.
    ALSO sometimes even this doesn't work as for some reason a window will change its position to off the screen so the only way to maximise it (without ending the program and re-starting), is to hover over the taskbar icon, right click the needed window and hit maximise.

I find this extremely frustrating as the simplest task (switching between windows) is a massive hassle.

If anyone has any suggestions of possible fixes or has had the same problem please get in contact! At this point it'd be nice to know i'm not the only person with this issue!

Cheers,
    Sam

sam4673, Oct 1, 2020
  4. pappo46 Win User

Print Spooler Service Stopping

I followed the steps you listed. When I opened C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS, it was empty.

pappo46, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

1. How to stop Service Manager pops up opening maximised - Similar Threads - stop Service Manager

2. How to stop MSN pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop MSN pop-ups?: I have a MSN popup. I was working in my "settings", trying to connect to WiFi . It blocks my work and freezes the screen. Tried to remove repeatedly but it always comes back. I want this gone. I don't mind at all if MSN gets deleted....
  3. How to stop MSN pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop MSN pop-ups?: I have a MSN popup. I was working in my "settings", trying to connect to WiFi . It blocks my work and freezes the screen. Tried to remove repeatedly but it always comes back. I want this gone. I don't mind at all if MSN gets deleted....
  4. How to stop Edge pop up ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop Edge pop up ?: So this thing happen daily on windows 10 ,edge browser random open window with some pictures,I want stop this or I will need delete edge submitted by /u/dontclickxo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jg0jcf/how_to_stop_edge_pop_up/
  5. How to stop office pop ups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop office pop ups: Sometimes when i'm playing games this pops up. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/793135498768386508/EFBF072C9B3C792E793CD49AEEC5190D7C78B3E8/ It's really annoying. I've tried searching how to stop the pop ups, i've tried uninstalling it by pressing the windows key...
  6. How To Stop A Microsoft Pop-Up?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Stop A Microsoft Pop-Up?: Please note that I posted this same thread on another Microsoft Forum but I suspect it wasn't the right one. For at least the last six months I have been getting a pop-up notice several times a week on my desktop, and I can't figure out how to stop it. I am using a Compaq...
  7. how to stop pop up in windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to stop pop up in windows?: pop ups on bottom left of screen are driving me nuts. even rude pop ups -I have a completely new system from HP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-pop-up-in-windows/c3a15c5f-27fb-42e2-8a93-5bc2374ef43e
  8. How to stop Microsoft pop up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop Microsoft pop up?: Hi! I am trying to figure out how to stop a pop up that keeps showing up on my laptop almost everytime I log on. It is a full screen stating "Important updates needed!"... After Oct. 10, 2017, Microsoft will no longer support my version of Windows 10 & my PC won't receive...
  9. How to stop Edge pop up

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Edge pop up: Every time I open Edge in Windows 10 I get a pop up just under my bookmarks tool bar asking if I want to download an app to install Edge on my Andriod or I phone. I keep saying "No", but the pop up keeps coming up. Is there a way to stop this? I have Firefox also, and my home...
  10. How to stop "manage windows features" window popping up inadvertantly

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop "manage windows features" window popping up inadvertantly: Has anyone got a solution to prevent win10 to display the window "manage windows features" to keep popping up inadvertantly in approx 10 min intervals? 102883