Windows 10: how to stop sharing my docs how to disable read-only

Discus and support how to stop sharing my docs how to disable read-only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded to MS 2019. I made a mistake and signed into the Microsoft account. I do not need to share I'm just starting a new career so I do not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ReneeBarnes, Dec 17, 2019.

1. how to stop sharing my docs how to disable read-only

I upgraded to MS 2019. I made a mistake and signed into the Microsoft account.

I do not need to share I'm just starting a new career so I do not have any employees.

Now every time I open a document it say read-only. I cannot edit nor can I save.

Before a message would come up and say :cannot locate file it;s either deleted renamed or in a different location."

Now the message reads they cannot find the file at all. I cannot work.

This has never happened to me before and it's a nightmare.

I even contact Microsoft Live Call and they could not help me.

They wanted to work for 15 mins then charge me $29 if they can't find the issue in that 15 mins.

I asked where on your website can I find out this issue.

Microsoft could not help. I've been working on this issue for days and I need help can someone tell me how to disable READ-ONLY

I already went into options> save and there is no box to un tick read-only.

:)

ReneeBarnes, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Removing Read Only from shared files

Hi fink52,

This issue might occur if you have not given full control to the folder, when you share it with everyone. I suggest you follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right-click the folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on Sharing tab.
    • Click on Advanced Sharing button.
    • Put a check mark next to the Share this folder option.
    • Click the Permission button.
    • Put a check mark next to the Full control option.
    • Click on Apply, then click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Dec 17, 2019
  4. how to stop sharing my docs how to disable read-only

How to disable the Read Aloud feature?

We appreciate the comprehensive response. If Narrator is disabled and still the Read Aloud prompt still pops-up, we suggest that you disable any reading feature from the
    Ease of Access Center. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box and press
      Enter
    • In the Control Panel screen, select Small icons from the
      View by: drop-down list.

Note: View by: is located on the upper right side of the screen.
    • Select Ease of Access Center.
    • Under Make your computer easier to use section, uncheck the following boxes:

Always read this section aloud

Always scan this section
    • Once you're done, exit the Control Panel screen and check if the issue persists.

Alternatively, if you're using a mouse pad, access the mouse pad option and disable the feature that allows right-click when mouse pad is double tapped. Refer to the device manufacturer or support site on how to disable this feature.

Update us with the result of the manual configuration.

Darwin Dim, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

how to stop sharing my docs how to disable read-only

1. how to stop sharing my docs how to disable read-only - Similar Threads - stop sharing docs

2. All my Word docs now open in read only after update, how do I stop this for all future docs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my Word docs now open in read only after update, how do I stop this for all future docs: All my Word docs now open in read only after update, how do I stop this for all future docs. I've tried changing admin permissions. I've tried changing properties on the doc to untick the read only box. While this works, it's time consuming to do for every doc. I download...
  3. All my Word docs now open in read only after update, how do I stop this for all future docs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my Word docs now open in read only after update, how do I stop this for all future docs: All my Word docs now open in read only after update, how do I stop this for all future docs. I've tried changing admin permissions. I've tried changing properties on the doc to untick the read only box. While this works, it's time consuming to do for every doc. I download...
  4. How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share: Yeah, I F'ed up. I removed all of the read-write and full permissions to a share and need to put them back. This share is not on a traditional MS server but a NetApp SAN that can emulate a MS OS.Is there a way I can add full permissions back onto this share?...
  5. How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share: Yeah, I F'ed up. I removed all of the read-write and full permissions to a share and need to put them back. This share is not on a traditional MS server but a NetApp SAN that can emulate a MS OS.Is there a way I can add full permissions back onto this share?...
  6. How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My existing docs open as read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My existing docs open as read only: My existing docs open as read only. I have to "save as" after making modifications. The docs are on Onedrive. New problem in the last 30 days. It seems all existing docs are affected. No problem with new docs. HELP! PS - I have another error, perhaps related. 0x80070780...
  8. how do I change old docs that have "read only"

how do I change old docs that have "read only": how to remove "read only" from old documents before purchasing microsoft 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-old-docs-that-have-read-only/a6b1b0c0-d09a-470c-b6da-1ec9d09ed7d8
  9. How to share a public read only folder

How to share a public read only folder: I have Hotmail and Office 365 Personal, and use OneDrive. . I would like to create a public read-only folder. . Also, I would like to create a public read-write folder. . The rest should be only accessible by me. . Is there a special, public PUBLIC OneDrive share URL...
  10. How to 'share' read-only copy of wookbook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to 'share' read-only copy of wookbook?: How do you 'share' a read-only copy workbook in Office 365 subscription? We all have a copy of 365 and have downloaded the programs (excel, word...) to our office boxes. User Authorworkbook is constantly updating a workbook call project and others need to access it...