Windows 10: How to stop shut down menu delaying?

Discus and support How to stop shut down menu delaying? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a habit of closing apps and shutting my laptop off with Alt + F4. I used to be able to access the shut down menu immediately after closing all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matcheli Rivera, Apr 22, 2024.

1. How to stop shut down menu delaying?

I have a habit of closing apps and shutting my laptop off with Alt + F4. I used to be able to access the shut down menu immediately after closing all apps just by using Alt + F4 continuously. But recently about 2 months now, after closing all apps with Alt + F4, I have to either use ALt + F4 3 times or Win + D in order to access the shut down menu with Alt + F4. It's a minor problem but very annoying and inconvenient. How can I fix this?

:)

Matcheli Rivera, Apr 22, 2024
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature?

Excellent! Thank You

Cyberdesigner, Apr 22, 2024
  4. carbuff Win User

How to stop shut down menu delaying?

Menu shuts down

At the far bottom left corner of the desktop is the Windows 10 logo. When clicked by mouse, a menu screen and a search bar opens

On my computer the menu most often opens and immediately closes. There is not enough time to allow me to access any 3rd party programs on the menu or to employ the listed Windows 10 apps including restart and power down.

Suggestions to correct this problem are appreciated.

carbuff, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

How to stop shut down menu delaying?

1. How to stop shut down menu delaying? - Similar Threads - stop shut down

2. How to stop shut down menu delaying?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop shut down menu delaying?: I have a habit of closing apps and shutting my laptop off with Alt + F4. I used to be able to access the shut down menu immediately after closing all apps just by using Alt + F4 continuously. But recently about 2 months now, after closing all apps with Alt + F4, I have to...
  3. Delays in shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delays in shutting down: When I click on shutdown button it has a delay for few seconds then turns off. I tried to use alt + F4 it has the same issue. Is it something that I need to bother? Im afraid that this function will be gone so I want resolutions on this....
  4. Delays in shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delays in shutting down: When I click on shutdown button it has a delay for few seconds then turns off. I tried to use alt + F4 it has the same issue. Is it something that I need to bother? Im afraid that this function will be gone so I want resolutions on this....
  5. Delays in shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How to stop windows from automaticly shutting down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows from automaticly shutting down?: So I want to keep my computer running 24/7, no updates, no restart, nothing. It keeps on popping up windows restarting in 10 minutes and I use "shutdown -a" but that gets me so far. All my power setting are never going to sleep or turning off. Is there anything I can do for...
  7. unusual delay when shutting down PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    unusual delay when shutting down PC: Hi guys, on my 6700K rig I've noticed today unusual delay when I click to shutdown PC,and for sure it wasn't like this before. Immediately monitor turns off but rig not,there is like almost 1 min delay for rig to power off after I clicked shutdown in W10,even after first...
  8. No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.: I have a newly installed OS on a Desktop. There is no Sleep option in the Shut Down menu. I have run two .reg files [from Ten Forums] which said they were successfully, and checked that everything was OK in Device Manager [as recommended by a post here in Ten Forums]. Has...
  9. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.: the game will not shut down . it keeps running, it will not uninstall because it is running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shut-down-a-prog-that-will-not-shut-down/dd492b73-69a0-426f-b090-adf83a9cda2b"
  10. Menu shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu shuts down: At the far bottom left corner of the desktop is the Windows 10 logo. When clicked by mouse, a menu screen and a search bar opens On my computer the menu most often opens and immediately closes. There is not enough time to allow me to access any 3rd party programs on the...