Windows 10: How to stop so many folders with iCloud Photos on PC

Discus and support How to stop so many folders with iCloud Photos on PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a iPhone which I sync my photos etc to my PC. Tried asking this question elsewhere without Joy. How can I stop so many folders being created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by commonone, May 8, 2019.

1. commonone Win User

How to stop so many folders with iCloud Photos on PC

I have a iPhone which I sync my photos etc to my PC.

Tried asking this question elsewhere without Joy.

How can I stop so many folders being created in my 'iCloud Photos - Downloads'.

It appears the folders have duplicated images which is taking up so much space on the HD.

Running Windows 10 - v1809 Home Edition

:)

commonone, May 8, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, May 8, 2019
  3. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! How to stop so many folders with iCloud Photos on PC :)

justinmreina, May 8, 2019
  4. m1xed0s Win User

Prevent iCloud Photos Folder Being Auto-Created?

I have iCloud for Windows v7.0.1.210 on Windows 10 version 1703. I only enabled iCloud Drive and web bookmark sync features. But somehow the iCloud Photos folder is created automatically every time I open the iCloud setting after I deleted it manually, especially annoyingly it got added to my Quick access list inside File Explorer.

BTW, anyway to remove the iCloud icon from system tray on windows 10?

m1xed0s, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. How to stop so many folders with iCloud Photos on PC - Similar Threads - stop many folders

2. Windows Photo App deleted majority of my iCloud Photos + How upload legacy pc photos to iCloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo App deleted majority of my iCloud Photos + How upload legacy pc photos to iCloud: I am getting a new iPhone so I wanted to enable iCloud Photos. It removed Finder photos already syncd via iTunes and reside on file system. Then it successfully transferred my Recent Photos, Videos, Favorites, Live, Panorama etc... I checked on my phone and iCloud.com and all...
  3. icloud photos is incompatible with onedrive backup. your icloud photos folder is now in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icloud photos is incompatible with onedrive backup. your icloud photos folder is now in...: How do I fix this? I need step-by-step instructions as I am not IT savvy.Thanks.Bryant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-photos-is-incompatible-with-onedrive-backup/d5c67c55-5c53-4a81-9b97-c8fbc7fe4679
  4. icloud photos is incompatible with onedrive backup. your icloud photos folder is now in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icloud photos is incompatible with onedrive backup. your icloud photos folder is now in...: How do I fix this? I need step-by-step instructions as I am not IT savvy.Thanks.Bryant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-photos-is-incompatible-with-onedrive-backup/d5c67c55-5c53-4a81-9b97-c8fbc7fe4679
  5. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...
  6. iCloud Photos downloads to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    iCloud Photos downloads to PC: I have a Windows 10 pc and an iPhone. For years I have been downloading photos from iCloud onto my pc - saving them into different folders as appropriate. I got a new pc a couple of weeks ago still with Windows 10, but using Microsoft 365 rather than my old Microsoft 2013....
  7. iCloud Photos folder problem

iCloud Photos folder problem: Hello, I posted this on the apple forum and they recommend I try to find answers here as well. I have seen other people with this problem but none of the solutions have worked out for me. I have a growing number of "iCloud Photos" folders in my file explorer that are...
  8. iCloud Photos folder duplicate

iCloud Photos folder duplicate: So I have iCloud Photos on my Windows 10 and for some reasons there's this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-photos-folder-duplicate/ecfa4138-ae5e-40e5-bec0-1767e25d4755
  9. Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER

Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER: Purely for personal organizational preferences, I want to move the "iCloud Photos" folder from MS Windows "Pictures" folder to a a subfolder under "Pictures," where I am attempting to centralize and accumulate the various files and folders that deal with web based storage and...
  10. So Many Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    So Many Folders: I am a bit overwhelmed by the number of same title folders in the system. System may not be the correct name. Let's take the 'Pictures' folder for example. Pictures folder in the Desktop along with specific picture folders Primary Pictures folder w/sub folders in OneDrive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HPW TO VIEW PHOTOS IN ICLOUD FROM MY WIN 10 LAPTOP

2. i have so many photos in icloud

3. how to set up new desgination folder for icloud photos on pc