Windows 10: How to stop Start menu clutter

Discus and support How to stop Start menu clutter in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have searched the tutorials but cannot find how to stop the app clutter in the Start menu. I unpin them from the start menu and reduce the size of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

How to stop Start menu clutter

I have searched the tutorials but cannot find how to stop the app clutter in the Start menu.
    I unpin them from the start menu and reduce the size of the menu itself but each time I reboot or start up the clutter is back as I don't want any of that to be visible because I do not use things like Skype Facebook MSN streams etc etc because if I want one of those apps I can get them from the app menu which in my mind is full of some really useless things like Crushed Candy Soda or whatever it is called .

Any advice or solution please before I just install make the machine open in Classic Shell mode.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Dec 7, 2018
  2. drpearl Win User

Start menu stopped working in Windows 10

The Start Menu on my copy of Windows 10 stopped working for no apparent reason. I have tried the suggested four steps above. The first three ran. The final one failed to run due to an error. The process did not fix the start menu. My Windows 10 computer
    is disabled and unusable. I need a solution ASAP.

drpearl, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Dec 7, 2018
  4. How to stop Start menu clutter

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

How to stop Start menu clutter

1. How to stop Start menu clutter - Similar Threads - stop Start menu

2. How to stop the start menu being covered up?

in Cortana
    How to stop the start menu being covered up?: For a few years the start menu on Windows 10 has sometimes been covered up like this, so I can't visually navigate the search or start menu:Is there some way to prevent this?...
  3. How to stop the start menu being covered up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop the start menu being covered up?: For a few years the start menu on Windows 10 has sometimes been covered up like this, so I can't visually navigate the search or start menu:Is there some way to prevent this?...
  4. How to stop the start menu being covered up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Games from Windows store cluttering start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games from Windows store cluttering start menu: Hey,I installed Forza Horizon 3 & 4 from the store and they are cluttering my start menu. Forza Horizon 3 - Uninstalled months ago but the start menu entry is still there. Clicking it redirects me to the Downloads section of the store.Forza Horizon 4 - Currently installed....
  6. Games from Windows store cluttering start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games from Windows store cluttering start menu: Hey,I installed Forza Horizon 3 & 4 from the store and they are cluttering my start menu. Forza Horizon 3 - Uninstalled months ago but the start menu entry is still there. Clicking it redirects me to the Downloads section of the store.Forza Horizon 4 - Currently installed....
  7. Start Menu - how to fight clutter - can I move "apps" to subfolders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu - how to fight clutter - can I move "apps" to subfolders?: This question was asked in this article but never answered satisfactorily. The answer given by Amit_Sun answered a different question. Here's what everybody already knows: the start menu alpha list, not tiles is a merger of two folders: the common start menu lives in...
  8. Desktop clutter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop clutter: I don't want a cluttering mess of tiles for apps and programs that I don't even want. How do I get back to my own desktop, with icons that I actually chose and use? I had it all set up, then an update came through and ruined it!...
  9. Start menu stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu stopped working: The Startmenu stopped loading at startup and/or when depressing window. It use to work fine. New updates are messing up and resetting many of my settings. 82721
  10. Start Menu stops working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu stops working?: Been happening alot lately I can't open my start menu it just stops working. Only a restart or log off works. Any ideas? 24315