Windows 10: How to stop Start menu clutter

Discus and support How to stop Start menu clutter in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have searched the tutorials but cannot find how to stop the app clutter in the Start menu. I unpin them from the start menu and reduce the size of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

How to stop Start menu clutter

I have searched the tutorials but cannot find how to stop the app clutter in the Start menu.
    I unpin them from the start menu and reduce the size of the menu itself but each time I reboot or start up the clutter is back as I don't want any of that to be visible because I do not use things like Skype Facebook MSN streams etc etc because if I want one of those apps I can get them from the app menu which in my mind is full of some really useless things like Crushed Candy Soda or whatever it is called .

Any advice or solution please before I just install make the machine open in Classic Shell mode.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Dec 7, 2018
  2. drpearl Win User

Start menu stopped working in Windows 10

The Start Menu on my copy of Windows 10 stopped working for no apparent reason. I have tried the suggested four steps above. The first three ran. The final one failed to run due to an error. The process did not fix the start menu. My Windows 10 computer
    is disabled and unusable. I need a solution ASAP.

drpearl, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Dec 7, 2018
  4. How to stop Start menu clutter

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

How to stop Start menu clutter

1. How to stop Start menu clutter - Similar Threads - stop Start menu

2. How to Configure the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Configure the Start Menu?: I haven't been impressed with configuring the Start Menu so far. I would like to be able to create new groups in the Start Menu, including the fancy tiles and be able to create my own shortcuts in each group. I looked at the tutorial...
  3. How to shrink start menu ..>

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to shrink start menu ..>: Hi All Is there a way to make start menu smaller , since I don't have many tiles active It just look bland ... Thanks . [img] 16751
  4. Cortana and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Start Menu Stopped Working: Hello, I am struggle a lot with Windows 10 honestly. So all of a sudden, Cortana stopped functioning and start menu stopped working. I have tried all steps and tweaks available out there to fix the issue beside changing the profile and backing up the entire user because...
  5. Start menu stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu stopped working: The Startmenu stopped loading at startup and/or when depressing window. It use to work fine. New updates are messing up and resetting many of my settings. 82721
  6. Audio and start menu randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio and start menu randomly stop working: I never had this problem when I was using Windows 8.1. This problem mostly occurs when I'm playing a game (Dota 2, Battlefield 4, Fallout 3, etc) and sometimes when I was just browsing the web, watching youtube videos. The sound will just disappear, although the program just...
  7. Start Menu stops working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu stops working?: Been happening alot lately I can't open my start menu it just stops working. Only a restart or log off works. Any ideas? 24315
  8. How to stop Start Menu showing All Programs after AU?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Start Menu showing All Programs after AU?: Hi, Now that I have installed Win 10 AU the Start Menu has all my programs showing by default (in the alphabetical list). Previously I could hide this. How do I do that now? At the top of the list is "Recently added" programs, which is fine, I just dont want the full...
  9. How to Change Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Change Start Menu: I'm running Windows 10 Home Version 1703 OS Build 15063.674, and I've noticed a few annoying things about it. I would like to change the start menu so that whenever I start typing, no searches from the internet show up. Most guides that show how to do this are outdated, as...
  10. How to stop Start menu showing when waking up computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Start menu showing when waking up computer?: When I sleep or lock my computer and then wake it up the start menu is always open. How do I stop this? 25008