Windows 10: how to stop the auto restart when lid is opened

Discus and support how to stop the auto restart when lid is opened in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; how to stop the auto restart when lid is opened .. Lenovo ideapad slim 3II have purchased the lenovo idea pad slim 3i laptop yesterday . Here after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FebaS, Sep 17, 2020.

1. FebaS Win User

how to stop the auto restart when lid is opened

how to stop the auto restart when lid is opened ..

Lenovo ideapad slim 3II have purchased the lenovo idea pad slim 3i laptop yesterday . Here after shutting down the laptop and we close the lid . After sometime if we try to open the lid of laptop it restarts automatically. How can i stop that auto restart..please help me

:)

FebaS, Sep 17, 2020

2. auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 17, 2020
  4. how to stop the auto restart when lid is opened

Laptop Opening lid function

Hi Wilfred,

Thanq so much for replying to my question.

I used the same website and I tried all the guidelines given by them.

But after doing so, when I shut down the laptop, it doesn't switch on when I open the lid. It only switches on once I press the power button.

It would be gr8 if any1 would give me the proper step-by-step guidelines on switching on the laptop by opening the lid.

Thank you,

Vaibhav Pramod

VaibhavPramod, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

how to stop the auto restart when lid is opened

1. how to stop the auto restart when lid is opened - Similar Threads - stop auto restart

2. pc trouble when opening the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc trouble when opening the lid: when i close my lid then re-open it , my pc completely shuts down / sleep and i have to wait for it to turn on again , i tried hibernate mode and it still requires waiting for the logo etc till the lockscreen / sign in page shows up eng isnt my first language idk how to...
  3. pc trouble when opening the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc trouble when opening the lid: when i close my lid then re-open it , my pc completely shuts down / sleep and i have to wait for it to turn on again , i tried hibernate mode and it still requires waiting for the logo etc till the lockscreen / sign in page shows up eng isnt my first language idk how to...
  4. how to auto restore 'current folders open' on a restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to auto restore 'current folders open' on a restart: I have followed the instructions how to do this in a number of different places i.ehttps://gearupwindows.com/how-to-restore-previous-opened-folders-at-logon-on-windows-11/however when i restart and if I have multiple folders open only 1 folder remins open on restart does any...
  5. how to auto restore 'current folders open' on a restart

how to auto restore 'current folders open' on a restart: I have followed the instructions how to do this in a number of different places i.ehttps://gearupwindows.com/how-to-restore-previous-opened-folders-at-logon-on-windows-11/however when i restart and if I have multiple folders open only 1 folder remins open on restart does any...
  6. window 11 auto start after laptop lid open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 auto start after laptop lid open: Hi, I have a Lenovo idea pad 3 with window 11. when I open the lid my laptop automatically turns on.without pressing power button.how can i turn off this setting.Please answer my questions....
  7. window 11 auto start after laptop lid open

window 11 auto start after laptop lid open: Hi, I have a Lenovo idea pad 3 with window 11. when I open the lid my laptop automatically turns on.without pressing power button.how can i turn off this setting.Please answer my questions....
  8. Computer restarts when lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts when lid is Closed: Hello, I have an Asus ROG G750JM and the laptop has started to restart every time i close the lid. When i put the lid backup, it is booting up and anything i was doing on Windows Browsers, games,etc is lost. I checked all my power settings and they have not changed. Fully...
  9. Start up when opening the lid

Start up when opening the lid: My Windows 10 laptop has worked wonderfully until recently. Whenever I open the lid, it used to restart instantly. Now--nothing. I have to turn on the power button and wait for it to reboot. What has changed? How do I fix this? The only info I can find is regarding...
  10. Laptop Keeps Restarting When Closing the Lid

Laptop Keeps Restarting When Closing the Lid: Hello, Sometimes when I close my laptop lid and leave the PC for sometime 3 hours plus I come back to my machine to find that it has reset itself. As a result of this all of my programmes and files that I had open when I left the device have been closed. I have spent hour...